Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: FL GOP are homophobic crybabies
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 02:46:55 AM »
A doctor putting their personal beliefs above the medical needs of a patient is not fulfilling their oath as a doctor. It’s simple.
If doctors can refuse service because of what they think is a chance at increased survability, then they can refuse service to provide abortion pills for increased survivability of what they think as a baby.

Please explain why you are not an utter hypocrite for thinking otherwise. You are picking and choosing which doctor can choose what services he wants to ethically provide.

Nice strawman. You brought up abortion, no one else.

The article you linked says that the bill is advocating for doctors to choose to provide service based on their conscience:

But what about their conscience?

"Another way that conscience has been defined is that inner voice that someone uses to distinguish between right and wrong," Republican Florida House Rep. John Snyder said.

You say this is wrong. So you need to defend that.

Why shouldn't they be able to decline providing abortion pills if they can decline to provide heart transplants for the unvaccinated?

Why should doctors be forced to provide services to do something they think is unethical?
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 02:31:07 AM »
If doctors can refuse service because of what they think is a chance at increased survability, then they can refuse service to provide abortion pills for increased survivability of what they think as a baby.

Please explain why you are not an utter hypocrite for thinking otherwise. You are picking and choosing which doctor can choose what services he wants to ethically provide.

Nice strawman. You brought up abortion, no one else.

« Last post by honk on Today at 02:24:17 AM »
So you want doctors to favor transplants based on what they think as increased organ recipient survivability

They already do, and have done for many years. There's nothing in this story to even raise an eyebrow at. Of course refusing to be vaccinated would disqualify you from receiving an organ transplant, along with plenty of other behaviors and practices that are seen by the medical community as destructive or dangerously unhealthy.
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 02:18:06 AM »
Anyway, what the fuck does this have to do with what I posted? Refusing transplants to unvaccinated people is normal since they have to take immunosuppressants and they want the organ to go to person who will survive.

So you want doctors to favor transplants based on what they think as increased organ recipient survivability, but you don't want them to favor what they think are babies for increased survivability.

How incredibly hypocritical and flawed.

I’m sure someone will translate this in to English.

What I don’t want is a doctor not to treat someone based on a non-medical issue.
Anyway, what the fuck does this have to do with what I posted? Refusing transplants to unvaccinated people is normal since they have to take immunosuppressants and they want the organ to go to person who will survive.

So you want doctors to favor transplants based on what they think as increased organ recipient survivability, but you don't want them to favor what they think are babies for increased survivability.

How incredibly hypocritical and flawed.
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 02:07:39 AM »
I guess Florida hadn’t filled up that dumb shaped hole in their heart:

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-bill-doctors-decline-service/38890098?fbclid=IwAR2Ab9VgHtfyOuBIFbbN5c-cL2KqS4jemL2xcb5_5sIegw4-9BJfIsnqhJ8#

This is such an unbelievably stupid bill no matter your political leanings.

::)

Yeah, here's over 10,000 liberals cheering on a hospital for refusing a heart transplant for an unvaccinated man.

You actually tallied up the leaning of every comment? Wow. Serious dedication in that hate boner.

Now go ahead with your gotcha post, troll.

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-bill-doctors-decline-service/38890098?fbclid=IwAR2Ab9VgHtfyOuBIFbbN5c-cL2KqS4jemL2xcb5_5sIegw4-9BJfIsnqhJ8#

::)

Yeah, here's over 10,000 liberals cheering on a hospital for refusing a heart transplant for an unvaccinated man.
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 12:51:09 AM »