Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
Question about mythbusters
« on: January 22, 2019, 10:00:40 PM »
I've seen countless times people pointing out tampering evidence in NASA videos.
Countless points made that NASA, and other space agencies, have an agenda which suggest they made say the earth is round to support their own self interests.
Even posts that NASA is satanic and goes against God.

What about the mythbusters when they went into a super high altitude airplane? What is the response to this?
Is this a fish eye lense?

Re: Question about mythbusters
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:30:39 PM »
According to their wiki, that is what we should see (not that I agree with it) https://wiki.tfes.org/High_Altitude_Photographs
I guess the only objection would be that in the Mythbusters vid, it doesn't look elliptical. About that wiki article, how do we know it's elliptical, sure you can look at it, but what's the difference between an elliptical arc and a small arc from a large circle, wouldn't they look rather similar unless you could see the point where the ellipse takes the sharper turn?

We are smarter than those scientists.
I see multiple contradicting explanations. You guys should have a pow-wow and figure out how your model works.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 08:42:32 AM »
Some of the footage in that video looks like fisheye lens which exaggerates the curve, but the guy also says he can see the curve too.
But yes, that Wiki page is more FE "Heads I win, tails you lose" reasoning.
"The earth is flat, look out your window, the horizon looks flat"
"Sure, but from high altitudes you can see the curve of the earth"
"Yes, that's just as we expected..."
"...you literally just said that the flat horizon is evidence of a flat earth!"

And so on.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 10:12:24 PM »
According to their wiki, that is what we should see (not that I agree with it) https://wiki.tfes.org/High_Altitude_Photographs
I guess the only objection would be that in the Mythbusters vid, it doesn't look elliptical. About that wiki article, how do we know it's elliptical, sure you can look at it, but what's the difference between an elliptical arc and a small arc from a large circle, wouldn't they look rather similar unless you could see the point where the ellipse takes the sharper turn?

This is very interesting to read. So RE predicts to see curve and FE also predicts to see curve. So what we expect to see between RE and the flat disk FE model only changes at very high altitudes. I wonder at what altitude those predictions start to change.

What about people who adhere to a flat earth model which involves either a dome or a firmament? Are those things not visible in this video?

Furthermore I never thought about what we would expect to see at high altitudes on other flat earth models. Specifically ones which more resemble a traditional earth map like this: