İntikam

Round Earth debunk! Japan to USA is closer than shown!
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:33:05 PM »
Hello guys,

As you know that i'm working on world map and have enought experience about fliying times and distances.

I calculated the connection about flight time and distances as follow:

Maximum value of distance is fliying time / 1,306.

Oppositely if we want to calculate fliying time as estimate, we should use this formula as a good estimate:

fliying time = distance x 1,306.

You can use this formula for calculate your fliying time to anywhere.

Anyway.

For example:

We know Europe is about almost true so i'll use a distance from Europe as an example:

Istanbul to paris shown on google as: 2.271 kms

It takes about 3 hours.

2.271 kms takes 3 hours. so the ratio is 3 / 2.271 = 1,32

another example new york to san fransisco. why do i select this destination because there is a lot of flying between them:

It has about 4123 kms distance and gets about 5:30 hours. Lets calculate the ratio:

5,5 / 4.123 = 1,33

As we see that the ratio about 1,32-1,33. I calculated it after about 200.000 fliying that 1,306 is a better estimate.

This means if you go 3.000 kms, you go about 4 hours.

If you go about 6.000 kms, you go about 8 hours.

Now.

There is an arror on round earth map about fliying times and proves the map is wrong:

From Japan To USA.

This is a fliying path:

From Japan to San Fransisco. Path is 8.702 and gets about 8:30 hours.

Lets calculate the ratio:

ratio = 8,50 / 8.702 = 0,97

This means plane fliying with a speed higher than 1.000 kms that planes don't do that. This is impossible for average speed of planes.

Lets calculate the true distance according to this flying time:

8,50 / 1,306 = 6.500 kms. About 1200 kms closer than shown!

Tokyo is closer than shown on the map to the USA !

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Round Earth debunk! Japan to USA is closer than shown!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »

Inti' you haven't taken in to account which way round the Earth you are flying, bad science!
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 02:43:23 PM »
Nor have you taken into account that three different Boeing are being used, with different top speeds, Airbus, Boeing 757 and Boeing 787. What about the wind speeds at the time during their flights! Very scientific approach would take a lot more information into account.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 11:17:35 PM »
Hello guys,

As you know that i'm working on world map and have enought experience about fliying times and distances.
Oppositely if we want to calculate fliying time as estimate, we should use this formula as a good estimate:

Anyway.
For example:
Now.
There is an arror on round earth map about fliying times and proves the map is wrong:

From Japan To USA.
This is a fliying path:

This means plane fliying with a speed higher than 1.000 kms that planes don't do that. This is impossible for average speed of planes.

No, it is not! Have you ever heard of the "Jet Stream"? West to East flights get assistance from quite strong tailwinds, but East to West flights usually have to fly into headwinds. You have been told about this numerous times, but you take absolutely no notice of anyone and keep on making errors.

Look at these two flights the first from San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (NRT) and the second the other way from Tokyo to San Francisco.

FlightRadar24 SFO to NRT All Nippon Airways

FlightRadar24 NRT to SFO All Nippon Airways

That San Francisco to Tokyo flight takes 10 hrs and 00 min to cover 8,237 km, while the Tokyo to San Francisco flight takes 7 hrs and 55 min to cove the same distance.
The West to East flight takes over 2 hours more to cover the same distance. The distances shown are simply the "Great Circle" routes.
Probably the actual distances flown could be found from the detailed flight logs.

The average ground speeds are 824 km/hr and 1,040 km/hr. The typical cruising speed of a Boeing 777-381 is about 892 km/h, so you see that
the flight from San Francisco to Tokyo had some headwinds and
the flight from Tokyo to San Francisco had a quite strong tailwind, exactly as expected!

So you are quite wrong to say "Tokyo is closer than shown on the map to the USA". The map is quite accurate.

But, the simple fact is that you cannot get an accurate measure of the distance from the flying time.

So NO Mr İntikam, you have NOT debunked the Globe and I venture to say that you never will.

But please keep on with your efforts, because these silly posts are making the whole idea of a Flat Earth ridiculous.

You are doing a wonderful job at showing everybody that the Globe is the only logical shape of the earth.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 05:34:38 AM »
What is the value 1,306 representative of?

Everything past your point of noting your formula of maximum value of distance is irrelevant simply because 1,306 is unknown to all but you.

İntikam

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 05:57:16 AM »
Nor have you taken into account that three different Boeing are being used, with different top speeds, Airbus, Boeing 757 and Boeing 787. What about the wind speeds at the time during their flights! Very scientific approach would take a lot more information into account.

Not all planes are boing and not everytime there is a wind. But planes going that direction about 1,5 hours less. This is a fact proof. But you can free to close your eyes.

İntikam

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 05:58:02 AM »
Hello guys,

Anyway.
For example:
Now.

From Japan To USA.
This is a fliying path:

No, it is not! Have you ever heard of the "Jet Stream"? West to East flights get assistance from quite strong tailwinds, but East to West flights usually have to fly into headwinds. You have been told about this numerous times, but you take absolutely no notice of anyone and keep on making errors.

Look at these two flights the first from San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (NRT) and the second the other way from Tokyo to San Francisco.

FlightRadar24 SFO to NRT All Nippon Airways

FlightRadar24 NRT to SFO All Nippon Airways

That San Francisco to Tokyo flight takes 10 hrs and 00 min to cover 8,237 km, while the Tokyo to San Francisco flight takes 7 hrs and 55 min to cove the same distance.
The West to East flight takes over 2 hours more to cover the same distance. The distances shown are simply the "Great Circle" routes.
Probably the actual distances flown could be found from the detailed flight logs.

The average ground speeds are 824 km/hr and 1,040 km/hr. The typical cruising speed of a Boeing 777-381 is about 892 km/h, so you see that
the flight from San Francisco to Tokyo had some headwinds and
the flight from Tokyo to San Francisco had a quite strong tailwind, exactly as expected!

So you are quite wrong to say "Tokyo is closer than shown on the map to the USA". The map is quite accurate.

But, the simple fact is that you cannot get an accurate measure of the distance from the flying time.

So NO Mr İntikam, you have NOT debunked the Globe and I venture to say that you never will.

But please keep on with your efforts, because these silly posts are making the whole idea of a Flat Earth ridiculous.

You are doing a wonderful job at showing everybody that the Globe is the only logical shape of the earth.

You are ignored now for you acting as i don't ignore you on the other site. So i ignored you by disrespecting.

Anyway. Also i want to answer a bit.

There is no jet streams but miss mapping. The map is wrong so it lets pilots to the wrong path. On one way pilots going a better path and the other one is worst. There is no jet stream. Short direction is true distance and the other one plane losis true path.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:02:18 AM by İntikam »

İntikam

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 06:08:08 AM »

Everything past your point of noting your formula of maximum value of distance is irrelevant simply because 1,306 is unknown to all but you.

You can calculate another ratio for it. As a result if a plane flying with 700 kms/h average speed on 500 flights, it don't start to fly with 1.000 km/h speed on next flight. You can wait for it's speed as 650-750, neither 900, nor 1.000. Don't deceive yourself, also you can't deceive me.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 11:04:03 AM »

You are ignored now for you acting as i don't ignore you on the other site. So i ignored you by disrespecting.

Anyway. Also i want to answer a bit.

There is no jet streams but miss mapping. The map is wrong so it lets pilots to the wrong path. On one way pilots going a better path and the other one is worst. There is no jet stream. Short direction is true distance and the other one plane losis true path.
I will act how I like, not how a spoilt brat like you says I should.

And you are still quite wrong, jet-streams are very real. Ask any international airline pilot if you don't believe me.

Or have a look at: Jetstream Forecast.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 11:30:05 AM »

Inti', Your arguments and scientific understanding get worse, this is just shabby.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

İntikam

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 12:38:26 PM »

Inti', Your arguments and scientific understanding get worse, this is just shabby.

I accept your insults about this issue as compliment and turning you my other face for you slaps.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »

You can calculate another ratio for it. As a result if a plane flying with 700 kms/h average speed on 500 flights, it don't start to fly with 1.000 km/h speed on next flight. You can wait for it's speed as 650-750, neither 900, nor 1.000. Don't deceive yourself, also you can't deceive me.

Does ANYBODY have any idea what this is supposed to mean?  What ratio?  Still don't know where the mysterious 1,306 came from. 
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 01:07:55 PM »

I accept your insults about this issue as compliment and turning you my other face for you slaps.

Spank that ASS!

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 08:59:13 PM »

Does ANYBODY have any idea what this is supposed to mean?  What ratio?  Still don't know where the mysterious 1,306 came from.
1.306 = 1.000/(average speed of plane)
Now this is average speed is based on gate-to-gate time so it is quite a bit longer than the actual air time.

It might be roughly correct for the shorter flights around Europe and the USA, but it is simply incorrect for long distance and especially East to West and West to East flights.
Not only are the delays taking off and landing less significant on long flights, but these flights have to allow for the "Jet Streams", which İntikam vehemently denies.

The routes for East to West flights are deliberately chosen to avoid the worst of the headwinds and the routes for West to East flights are deliberately chosen to get best advantage of any tailwinds. So simply averaging out the East to West and West to East flight times is still inaccurate.

Given the time I could put some typical numbers to these things, but the distance is still far more accurately found from, wait for it
. . . . . . Google Earth, Google Maps or any of the online great-circle distance calculators.

In other words İntikam's method of distance estimation is inherently flawed, as are absolutely all of his Globe debunking hypotheses.

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 05:08:33 AM »
So from reading back through the posts, I found where he calculates this "ratio" by dividing time by distance.  That means this 1.306 is in units of hours per thousand kilometers?  It's the inverse of speed?  What a goofy thing the calculate!  Perhaps this was done in order to deliberately obfuscate?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:10:05 AM by Rounder »
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 07:17:21 AM »

No, he's a genius!

But it as never occurred to him that to debunk something you have to do so using its terms of reference, i.e. earth spin, prevailing winds and jet streams (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/05/130527-map-video-balloon-bomb-wwii-japanese-air-current-jet-stream/).

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 12:47:59 PM »
No, he's a genius!

But it as never occurred to him that to debunk something you have to do so using its terms of reference, i.e. earth spin, prevailing winds and jet streams (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/05/130527-map-video-balloon-bomb-wwii-japanese-air-current-jet-stream/).

Ah, but he knows something you do not:
There is no jet streams but miss mapping. The map is wrong so it lets pilots to the wrong path. On one way pilots going a better path and the other one is worst. There is no jet stream. Short direction is true distance and the other one plane losis true path

He's so sure of it, he says it twice.

geckothegeek

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 08:40:59 PM »

No, he's a genius

Speaking of eclipses, intikam has eclipsed sceptimatic even without the benefit of "the dark object." IMHO intikam makes sceptimatic sound like a perfectly sane, rational individual......by  comparison, that is !
LOL
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:46:12 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 08:53:06 PM »

Maybe it's the same as the old "Bishop Constant"  ???

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 08:55:19 PM »
Maybe it's the same as the old "Bishop Constant"  ???

Don't just leave us hanging! Do tell...