26 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
Re: religion
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2017, 12:26:34 AM »
I'm an atheist in the sense of its literal meaning, "without god/deity". I don't believe in god. That doesn't mean I can say with certainty "god does not exist", but until evidence shows otherwise I don't believe in it.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2018, 04:28:06 AM »
The question is not if you believe in a God. It is actually 'Is there a God?' So yea. He was a pussy.

Anyway, how do I create a post here on this website? We are not alone. There are people and places in the world that share our viewpoint. I have a list of places that every member of the FES should go visit. Interestingly, almost every religion claimed that the earth was in the center of the universe and was flat until science came along. How can seemingly unconnected set of peoples, cultures and religions, all say the same thing? Anyway, I bring you these places to visit in another thread.

Pascal was a pussy.

He was kind of narrow-sighted.  His famous Wager (essentially "You have everything to gain & nothing to lose by betting on God, whereas you have nothing to gain and everything to lose by betting against God...so you might as well bet on God") really rests on too many unfounded assumptions:

That the only options are the Judeo-Christian God (along with Satan, heaven & hell etc.) or atheism

That there is "nothing to be gained" by not believing in God

That there is "nothing to lose" by believing in God

I dunno...I don't believe in God because I just don't.  Of course I could spout off a litany of logical arguments supporting this but that ultimately doesn't make much difference.  I just don't...and I'm okay with that.  Nothing has ever led me to think I may be wrong about this.

That said, I find evangelical atheists to be just as obnoxious as any other evangelicals.  I don't define myself by my lack of religion, it's just how it is.

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »
Why so many atheists?  I don't get it unless there is trolling going on

Are you suggesting flat earth theorist can't be atheists? Actually, it makes sense to me that most would be because flat earth theorists and atheism have much in common: they don't appeal to authority. They require actual, observable evidence to believe something. Theists and round earthers generally accept what is told to them without questioning so long as an authoritative figure or subject tells them to. And, fyi, I'm bashing neither atheism nor theism; I'm not endorsing one over the other. I'm just providing my opinion based on research and observation
Hi y'all. I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE. That being said, I don't believe in a lot of "facts" (the quotations mean they're NOT actual facts) including evolution, the holocaust, and the globular earth HYPOTHESIS.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2018, 08:46:58 PM »
I'm an atheist in the sense of its literal meaning, "without god/deity". I don't believe in god. That doesn't mean I can say with certainty "god does not exist", but until evidence shows otherwise I don't believe in it.
Then you aren't an atheist. You are agnostic.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2018, 08:48:55 PM »
Then you aren't an atheist. You are agnostic.

Way to read his post Thork.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2018, 12:28:01 AM »

>his
>snupes
>tfw

Rama Set

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2018, 01:16:47 AM »

>his
>snupes
>tfw

Assuming the pronouns in 2017.

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2018, 12:32:44 AM »
Why are 'Christian/Jewish' together? Both are VERY different (yes Jewish/Christians/Muslims all worship the God of Abraham however you might as well lump Muslims with the Jewish too then
Yes! I was asking this myself. It doesn't take much to know that they all believe very different texts and practice completely separate acts.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2018, 04:03:34 AM »
Why are 'Christian/Jewish' together? Both are VERY different (yes Jewish/Christians/Muslims all worship the God of Abraham however you might as well lump Muslims with the Jewish too then
Yes! I was asking this myself. It doesn't take much to know that they all believe very different texts and practice completely separate acts.

The Samaritans also worshipped the God of Abraham but Jesus stated to the woman at the well,
"You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews."

So those who depart from the gospel as received from Christ and the apostles do not know God, even though they can trace their belief back to Abraham. And this includes the Jews as well because Christ also said of them
"And do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father,’ for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham."

Just Sayin  :-*
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.