Does believing in flat earth also mean you must believe in a creator or designer and or intelligent design.

Or is that only up to the point for when the science proves the theory?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
I think most TFES members do not believe in a creator, and have identified as atheist/non-religious in a past poll.

There exist other, much more religious FE  communities. I couldn't tell you whether or not they're the majority.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

I explored this question over in a thread in Philosophy, Religion and Politics:
http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4719.0

Much to my own consternation, it appears that Intelligent Design seems to viewed more of a crackpot theory than the flat earth theory itself, by RE and FE proponents alike. It seems there is some kind of fallacious belief that through the very same scientific community that has staked its entire existence on Heliocentrism and refers to those who are backwards thinking as literally "flat-earthers" you will somehow be able to prove the Earth is not a round ball flying through space around the Sun.

Offline BlueMoon

• NASA Defender
    • View Profile
I explored this question over in a thread in Philosophy, Religion and Politics:
http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4719.0

Much to my own consternation, it appears that Intelligent Design seems to viewed more of a crackpot theory than the flat earth theory itself, by RE and FE proponents alike. It seems there is some kind of fallacious belief that through the very same scientific community that has staked its entire existence on Heliocentrism and refers to those who are backwards thinking as literally "flat-earthers" you will somehow be able to prove the Earth is not a round ball flying through space around the Sun.

Right.  You literally have to create a whole new type of science in order to keep thinking the earth is flat.  And they did; it's called Zeteticism. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

İntikam

I think most TFES members do not believe in a creator, and have identified as atheist/non-religious in a past poll.

There exist other, much more religious FE  communities. I couldn't tell you whether or not they're the majority.

nearly fell off my chair when I read.  :)

The old forum majority part of FES are believers like me.

Offline magic

• View Profile
I am convinced of intelligent design but cannot fathom the type of substratum this entity would exist in. I make no effort in attempting to describe of characterize this entity either.

However, while I believe the globe model is not correct, I believe that the wholesale of the flat Earth is also being marketed as a religion 2.0 with various aspects requiring blind faith I take the parts that make sense to me.