Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL POKEMON OMEGARUBY/ALPHASAPPHIRE HYPE TRAIN!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:26:23 PM »
holy shit it's so different

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »
holy shit it's so different

I'm really stoked. Hopefully they will add more mega evolutions.

Guess I'll start the discussion off with this: Do you think the depictions of Kyogre and Groudon mean they'll have mega evolutions? Kyogre on the cover of the original Sapphire looks like this:

but on the new one he looks like this:

Slightly different. Mega Kyogre/Groudon confirmed?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 03:40:26 PM »
wow catching the same pokemans again is so exciting

Ghost of V

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »
Gamefreak has lost the ability to surprise its audience.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 04:19:35 PM »
Gamefreak has lost the ability to surprise its audience.

Bahh...I'm excited. Can't wait to import my XY pokes over.

Ghost of V

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 04:28:39 PM »
If they added mega Kyogre and Groudon they would have to be remake exclusive. I don't believe mega K/G are in X/Y.  Which is weird considering Mega Latias and Latios are in X/Y. Which leads me to think that there will not be megas of the two legendary beasts. Thoughts?

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »
If they added mega Kyogre and Groudon they would have to be remake exclusive. I don't believe mega K/G are in X/Y.  Which is weird considering Mega Latias and Latios are in X/Y. Which leads me to think that there will not be megas of the two legendary beasts. Thoughts?

That's evidence against it. Yeah. I've thought about that. But Emerald had Rayquaza where R/S didn't. Platinum had Origin Forme Giratina and Sky Forme Shaymin. Black/White 2 had the multiple Kyurems.

But the counter to that is they've never really done that with remakes. FR/LG didn't have anything new. Nor did HG/SS. But Gen V didn't even have a remake duo so we know Gamefreak can deviate from the formula.

I don't know. They do look slightly different on their covers. Is Groudon's tail different? That and I mean...new Megas just seems like an obvious thing to add. But maybe not.

Hell, I'm excited just because easier access to Gen 3 legends and maybe we'll get a Jirachi event.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:44:07 PM by The Notorious M.U.K. »

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »
His tail is a lot different. Either they're redesigning them (which in itself is curious) or theres some story reason for the difference. Or...its possibly stylized but GFs never really done that.

Ghost of V

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »
Yeah I've thought about those points too... Its possible. But how are you going to make Groudon and Kyogre better? They are the crux of uber rain/sun teams. Their stats are great too.

Maybe the nerf to weather was because of this.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »
Someone on Reddit brought up that maybe they're just lighting up because they do that in the intro to Sapphire.

Well, I was able to screenshot that. Here.

And, yeah, its the same thing. But its not lighting up exactly the same. Notice the absence of the markings on the head. But that could just be a stylistic/design choice. /shrug

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »
Yeah I've thought about those points too... Its possible. But how are you going to make Groudon and Kyogre better? They are the crux of uber rain/sun teams. Their stats are great too.

Well that didn't stop them with Blaziken or Mewtwo.

Ghost of V

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 04:46:06 PM »

True. But Drought and Drizzle are two of the best abilities in the game for a Pokemon to have. Although its possible that Gamefreak doesn't even realize this or their great stats because like you said... Mewtwo and Blaziken.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 04:48:22 PM »

True. But Drought and Drizzle are two of the best abilities in the game for a Pokemon to have. Although its possible that Gamefreak doesn't even realize this or their great stats because like you said... Mewtwo and Blaziken.

Megas also sometimes keep the same ability. Or at least Blaziken did. They kept Speed Boost because obviously they knew they couldnt top it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »
Mega Groudon and Kyogre with Speed Boost confirmed.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 04:50:24 PM »
Mega Groudon and Kyogre with Speed Boost confirmed.

I think I'm leaning towards them not being Megas just because they don't look different enough to be Megas, obviously. But maybe. Or maybe we'll get a mega rayqaza.

Ghost of V

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »
I'm more interested in the improvements that will be made to the actual game. Remakes like these always come with some awesome addition in the meus or, dare I say it, poketech. Especially since they are the second round of games this gen. Maybe Pokemon walking behind you will make a comeback??  :o

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »
I'm more interested in the improvements that will be made to the actual game. Remakes like these always come with some awesome addition in the meus or, dare I say it, poketech. Especially since they are the second round of games this gen. Maybe Pokemon walking behind you will make a comeback??  :o

As far as the interface goes...I'd like to be able to choose my Pokemon for online battles directly from the box like when you trade.

I have like 30+ EV train'd pokes and right now I'm limited to a six man on hand team and a six man battle box team. Which sounds like enough but not really for me. I'd like to be able to alter one or two pokes easily without having to exit the online and re-enter.

If I do that I may as well change the entire team. Or AT THE VERY LEAST give me a way to at least switch pokemon between the on-hand party and battle-box party. For a little more variety.

Also an option to turn "team preview" off would be pretty sweet.

Ghost of V

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 05:04:59 PM »
I agree with all the above points.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 12:16:54 AM »
FFFAFJKLDKSJ I'M SO EXCITED ;W;

seriously this thread made my day, i didn't hear about these and wasn't sure if you were serious and fjskalfjsadflkj

Ruby/Sapphire were my favourite Pokémon games world-wise, I'm going to be so ridiculously excited to explore Hoenn in full 3D!! And now that Pokémon bank will make it simple to import Pokémon I fjklafj.

SO EXCITE I really hope those are mega evolutions, I don't think not being able to bring them back to X/Y will make a difference. You can't transfer items between generations, so they'd likely just make it so the mega stones are only in Ruby/Sapphire.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.