Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Ask Rushy about Bitcoins.
« Reply #560 on: December 02, 2022, 12:30:30 AM »
1 bitcoin is worth over 210,000 NOK (around 21,560 USD) and it increases in price because of interest if you keep it in the bank or whatever.
Gold increases in price too but 1 ounce is worth less than a bitcoin.
It would be better to buy 1 bitcoin instead of gold in my opinion.

You just lost $4500...

Offline Алёна

• I am Car!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 02, 2022, 07:07:57 PM »
1 bitcoin is worth over 210,000 NOK (around 21,560 USD) and it increases in price because of interest if you keep it in the bank or whatever.
Gold increases in price too but 1 ounce is worth less than a bitcoin.
It would be better to buy 1 bitcoin instead of gold in my opinion.

You just lost $4500...

For my parents who bought like 0.0005 bitcoin (or something) they actually earned money slowly.
Also, my info is outdated sorry.
Professional procrastinator.

Drantanborg

« Reply #562 on: January 23, 2023, 01:03:34 PM »
Bitcoin seems to be not in a good shape nowadays. What do you think of that? Is it a good time to invest in cryptos or is it better to wait some time to see what will happen to them?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 23, 2023, 03:54:14 PM »
Bitcoin seems to be not in a good shape nowadays. What do you think of that? Is it a good time to invest in cryptos or is it better to wait some time to see what will happen to them?

In what way is Bitcoin "not in a good shape nowadays"? It's been well over a decade since Bitcoin was released to the public and it's (mostly) the same as it has ever been. The crypto market is more robust than ever, despite the ongoing attacks by media outlets.

If you're referring to the FTX debacle, that was only one exchange that taught new players a very important lesson: don't trust centralized authorities.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 23, 2023, 05:27:32 PM »
BTC seems to be doing ok. No better, no worse than anything else really. I mean if you bought in late 2020 and held, you would have doubled your money today...

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2023, 03:29:01 PM »
It seems we're being repeatedly targeted by spambots gluing themselves to the "bitcoin" keyword and advertising "exchanges". Please report anyone in this thread or others advertising exchanges and be careful not to click any links related to cryptocurrency advertisements. There have now been at least two time I'm aware of that a bot has attempted to spam in this thread.

Note that "Bitcoin seems to be not in a good shape nowadays" has been the common theme so far.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2023, 04:37:47 PM »
Their usual pattern of behaviour is to create an innocuous post and edit it some time after the fact to evade detection; this is particularly effective in active threads.

I deleted the "Drantanborg" account above before it had a chance to edit, but clearly failed to delete the post itself. Feel free to be trigger-happy with reporting if a brand new account is acting suspicious.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Алёна

• I am Car!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 01, 2023, 07:45:03 PM »
@Rushy
If I buy 1 bitcoin and wait 9 years, what would my bitcoin be worth?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 01, 2023, 09:51:20 PM »
@Rushy
If I buy 1 bitcoin and wait 9 years, what would my bitcoin be worth?

1 bitcoin

Offline Алёна

• I am Car!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 02, 2023, 07:39:45 PM »
Alright, smartass. What I actually mean is what would my Bitcoin be worth in Dollars ($$$) or Norwegian Krone (NOK)?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2023, 08:22:32 PM »
Alright, smartass. What I actually mean is what would my Bitcoin be worth in Dollars ($$$) or Norwegian Krone (NOK)?

If I could predict the financial future of commodities and currencies with such great accuracy as to answer your question then I wouldn't be here to answer it in the first place. I'd be busy banging 69 chicks at the same time on my 420 billion dollar superyacht.