Offline Buran

• View Profile
NASA is completely trustworty.
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:40:55 AM »
I'm genuinely curious about how you feel when you hear that phrase from somebody and why you feel that way.

Not looking for facts or arguments for why. Just your emotional response.

Thanks in advance.
Nicole, show me schematics for "Flat Earth."

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: NASA is completely trustworty.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 11:02:34 AM »
Indifferent. Makes no odds to me if you choose to be wrong/naïve.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 11:26:04 AM »
You sound a little bit more than indifferent. There is some defensiveness in your reply. Would you care to expand?

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 04:32:25 PM »
You're literally Sea Lioning Pete.

http://wondermark.com/1k62/

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 05:32:37 PM »
For me it depends on voice inflections as they say it.  On forums like this, I can only go by post history (if I know it) to know if they are being sarcastic or not.  So my reaction ranges from "yep" to "Your comment does not surprise me."

If someone ever actually says it sarcastically in person, I'll probably reply with "Really.  Do go on."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:36:51 PM by model 29 »

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:56:24 PM »
You're literally Sea Lioning Pete.

http://wondermark.com/1k62/

That was hilarious. I have never heard of sea lioning before but that comic really made my day.

However, I'm not "sea lioning." I'm asking honest questions to better understand the flat earth movement. I have nowhere said anything harassing or judgemental. I'm not in anybody's face. No one has to answer me. I have been completely neutral.

Perhaps you don't like anybody asking genuine questions. Does this bother you? Are you more comfortable with the obvious trolls whom you can write off quite easily? Would you rather me be agressive and attack you?

I am completely open to accepting flat earth as true, but I first have to ascertain the underlying logic of the belief. I do not believe anything without a firm understand of why I believe it.

I'm sorry this bothers you, but others have been quite accomidating to me.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 06:46:46 PM »
You successfully eliminated any pretence of neutrality when you decided that my answer is insincere. You asked a question, I give you an answer, and you outright told me that my answer is incorrect.

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 07:05:11 PM »
You successfully eliminated any pretence of neutrality when you decided that my answer is insincere. You asked a question, I give you an answer, and you outright told me that my answer is incorrect.

Really? I made an observation and asked for additional input. There is no incorrect answer. You are defensive and it shows in your responses.

I'm not attacking you. Your responses have given me some additional insight so I thank you.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 08:01:21 PM »
I made an observation and asked for additional input.
I am unable to provide you with that input, because I'm convinced I've already told you the truth. If you believe I'm something else than indifferent despite my statement, you will have to rely on yourself to explore these feelings - though they will no longer be my own.

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 08:53:30 PM »
I am unable to provide you with that input, because I'm convinced I've already told you the truth. If you believe I'm something else than indifferent despite my statement, you will have to rely on yourself to explore these feelings - though they will no longer be my own.

That's fine if you feel that way. I know personally I could write several pages about why I feel a certain way about something. Two sentences seemed pretty short to express yourself but you have since added to them.

Rama Set

Re: NASA is completely trustworty
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 01:15:39 PM »

That's fine if you feel that way. I know personally I could write several pages about why I feel a certain way about something. Two sentences seemed pretty short to express yourself but you have since added to them.

You don’t have to be so understanding of Pete. You never said he was wrong and you asked him politely to elaborate on his obvious implication that anyone who trusts NASA is either wrong or naive. I appreciate your attempt to engage but you might better off looking through the forum history as lots has been said by various people about NASA. You could also check out the other society, if you trust their security, to see even more history.

SylvanCyborg

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 11:20:10 PM »
It makes me sad.

Sad to think the forefront of scientific investigation is so distotred by politics and social pressures.

It's like finding out a close friend lied to you once, and then you can never really trust them again, even though part of you wants badly to trust them.