Rama Set

Re: LGBT School Teachers
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2022, 04:31:41 PM »
So, they are not banning trans kids from participating in sports.

Thank you for the confirmation.

One trans kid at present and all future trans kids, so in fact, saying they are banning trans kids from playing sports is completely correct.  For someone who likes to play stupid semantic games, you suck shit at it.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2022, 04:33:57 PM »

There's only one at the moment. They passed the law based on that. The law will ban others in future, so "kids" plural will be banned.

Like I said, they consider it fair game to pass a law specifically to bully that one kid.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2022, 04:35:22 PM »

Thank you for the confirmation.

One trans kid at present and all future trans kids, so in fact, saying they are banning trans kids from playing sports is completely correct.  For someone who likes to play stupid semantic games, you suck shit at it.
They are not banning trans kids from participating in sports.

You cannot read at all.

I am right.

You are wrong.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2022, 04:35:41 PM »
Maybe you want to think about what inside you made you say something like that.
I'd surmise it was a brain.

The internet etiquette thread is tuning up and I just wanted to drop a reminder.

Yes, but I want to know what kind of thoughts made him post a sick comment like that.  It was really uncalled for.

Tuning up?  Are you trying to lure other people in to fight your battles for you?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2022, 04:36:07 PM »

There's only one at the moment. They passed the law based on that. The law will ban others in future, so "kids" plural will be banned.

Like I said, they consider it fair game to pass a law specifically to bully that one kid.
Where does the law state the kids cannot participate in sports?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2022, 04:38:26 PM »

The internet etiquette thread is tuning up and I just wanted to drop a reminder.

Yes, but I want to know what kind of thoughts made him post a sick comment like that.  It was really uncalled for.
What was sick about it?
Tuning up?  Are you trying to lure other people in to fight your battles for you?
What battles? You're no longer involved with writing internet etiquette!?!

I find that hard to believe...

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2022, 04:45:19 PM »

Oh, I get it. I wasn't specific enough for you.

The law bans transgender kids (by implication, boys transitioning from M to F) from playing in girls' sports. It's that specific.

(H.B. 11 Student Eligibility in Interscholastic Activities
11     LONG TITLE
12     General Description:
13          This bill addresses student athlete participation in gender-designated sports in the
14     public education system.
15     Highlighted Provisions:
16          This bill:
17          ▸     defines terms;
18          ▸     imposes limits on participation in female sports, by:
19               •     requiring schools and local education agencies to designate athletic activities by
20     sex;
21               •     prohibiting a student of the male sex from competing against another school on
22     a team designated for female students
;
etc)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 04:50:28 PM by Tumeni »
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2022, 04:46:11 PM »

What was sick about it?

If what he said really went over your head, I'm not going to be the one to explain it to you.  Ask Tom what he meant.

What battles? You're no longer involved with writing internet etiquette!?!

I find that hard to believe...

What does that have to do with trans-athletes?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2022, 04:48:12 PM »
If what he said really went over your head, I'm not going to be the one to explain it to you.  Ask Tom what he meant.
I know exactly what he meant.

What was sick about it?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2022, 04:49:59 PM »

The law bans transgender kids (by implication, boys transitioning from M to F) from playing in girls' sports. It's that specific.
So, it doesn't ban kids from participating in sports.

Thanks for the admission you were wrong.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2022, 04:56:07 PM »

What was sick about it?

I said ask Tom, I'm not going to explain it to you.  Feel free to explain what you think he meant if you want to.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2022, 05:13:13 PM »

What was sick about it?

I said ask Tom, I'm not going to explain it to you.  Feel free to explain what you think he meant if you want to.
He stated, writing directly to you, and I quote:

Quote from: JSS
Teaching first graders about life isn't part of the curriculum?

Since never. Teaching first graders about sexuality isn't part of the curriculum. Standard sex ed isn't even taught until the fifth grade.

Quote from: JSS
Since when?

I remember learning...

Teaching children that their own bodies are evil, that's a perversion.

Yes, I don't doubt you that your first grade teacher taught you all about your body.
Nothing sick about that.

What's sick is you advocating for sex education in schools for pre-k through third grade students.

Maybe you should just go ahead and change your screen name to Aqualung and get it over with.

As a matter of fact, just dole out #1, #2, etc, to the lot of you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 05:22:00 PM by Action80 »

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2022, 05:39:29 PM »

What was sick about it?

I didn't ask you to quote what he said, I asked what you thought he meant.

Copying what someone else wrote is no replacement for actually answering a question. Try and use your own words.

What's sick is you advocating for sex education in schools for pre-k through third grade students.

Maybe you should just go ahead and change your screen name to Aqualung and get it over with.

You might think it's sick for a lesbian teacher to mention she's married, but I don't.  Just like it's not sick for a straight teacher to mention she's married.  Nothing wrong with either of those. People get married, do you think children shouldn't know this?

If you think one is sick, that's your problem.  Teaching children to be homophobic is sick.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2022, 06:06:41 PM »

(H.B. 11 Student Eligibility in Interscholastic Activities
11     LONG TITLE
12     General Description:
13          This bill addresses student athlete participation in gender-designated sports in the
14     public education system.
15     Highlighted Provisions:
16          This bill:
17          ▸     defines terms;
18          ▸     imposes limits on participation in female sports, by:
19               •     requiring schools and local education agencies to designate athletic activities by
20     sex;
21               •     prohibiting a student of the male sex from competing against another school on
22     a team designated for female students
;
etc)

Of course. Becauce FtM won't have the "benefit" of a male body so they'll easily be defeated.
The whole issue, to be blunt, is that many people think that a transitioned mtf still retains all the physical benefits of being male: strength, endurance, stronger bones, bigger hands and shoulders, etc ..
Essentially syaing they are phycially equal to a man and playing against girls.  They don't know about hormones.

But a former girl playing against boys would follow the same rules: so she/he would be petite and weak, thus no threat to the boys and their records.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2022, 07:40:19 PM »

What was sick about it?

Copying what someone else wrote is no replacement for actually answering a question. Try and use your own words.
He was pointing out your first-grade teacher wasn't talking to you about issues relating to his/her private life outside of the school and if they were, they were unjustified in doing so.

You might think it's sick for a lesbian teacher to mention she's married, but I don't.  Just like it's not sick for a straight teacher to mention she's married.  Nothing wrong with either of those. People get married, do you think children shouldn't know this?

If you think one is sick, that's your problem.  Teaching children to be homophobic is sick.
Hyperbole is your best friend, I see.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 07:44:02 PM by Action80 »

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2022, 07:58:33 PM »

He was pointing out your first-grade teacher wasn't talking to you about issues relating to his/her private life outside of the school and if they were, they were unjustified in doing so.

You got that, from this?  "Yes, I don't doubt you that your first grade teacher taught you all about your body."

It's pretty clear you are just paraphrasing what was discussed earlier in the conversation, as none of what you just said was mentioned in the quote above.  Try telling me what that quite means without copying bits of the conversation before it.

Coming from you, that's pretty ironic.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2022, 06:26:13 AM »

You got that, from this?  "Yes, I don't doubt you that your first grade teacher taught you all about your body."

It's pretty clear you are just paraphrasing what was discussed earlier in the conversation, as none of what you just said was mentioned in the quote above.  Try telling me what that quite means without copying bits of the conversation before it.
Yeah, that is what I got from it.

Try to learn to read using inference and stop quoting the goddamn post and use your own words rather than quoting, since those are the rules you like.

Coming from you, that's pretty ironic.
Irony does not negate truthfulness.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 11:36:11 AM by Action80 »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2022, 05:35:41 PM »
Teaching first graders about life isn't part of the curriculum? Since when?
I noted Tom’s response and it’s a good example why feeding this troll is an exercise in futility. Your question was about teaching kids about life, his response was that kids shouldn’t be taught about sexuality - see how he misrepresented you.

Of course kids are taught about life at this age. In the UK kids are taken to the local shops and to the local park and learn about the world. Part of that these days is that some people have two mums or two dads. Some men marry other men, some women marry other women. It honestly doesn’t matter whether you think that should be the case, the fact is it is. And so of course kids should understand that reality of the world they’re living in.

Some people are acting like a female teacher mentioning that they’re married to another female is a stepping stone to teaching 5 year olds about strap ons. It really isn’t. Some people do seem to like to get outraged about things which really aren’t worth getting upset about.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2022, 05:47:10 PM »
Teaching first graders about life isn't part of the curriculum? Since when?
I noted Tom’s response and it’s a good example why feeding this troll is an exercise in futility. Your question was about teaching kids about life, his response was that kids shouldn’t be taught about sexuality - see how he misrepresented you.

Actually he was talking about sexuality. The conversation was about teaching children about sexuality, which he characterized as 'life'. Why do you go into threads and make these plainly dishonest comments?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2022, 05:53:55 PM »
I finally watched the vid because I was bored. It didn't strike me that she was talking about "sexuality", more that she specifically mentioned that during the "Get to know your teacher" thing at the beginning of the school year she is not allowed to mention that she is married. Regardless of who she is married to. I guess the same goes for all teachers? All marriages? They are not allowed to mention that they are married?