BillO

Re: Trump
« Reply #3080 on: July 17, 2018, 12:44:49 PM »
Trump stepped in a pile of steaming sh!# yesterday.  Today I predict he'll put that foot in is mouth.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 17, 2018, 03:02:25 PM »
It's nice to finally see the US head of state point out significant distrust with the heads of alphabet agencies like the FBI and CIA. These agencies have been and will always be outlets for blatant state-sanctioned propaganda, not genuine trustworthy sources of information. If I were Trump, I'd definitely speak to Putin as well. While he's not trustworthy either, it'd be interesting to see what kind of lies he spins in my direction versus the lies spun by my own agency directors.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:04:18 PM by Rushy »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 17, 2018, 03:51:37 PM »
Trump is the president now. You can't keep casting him as the underdog, the little guy fighting against the system, when he's pretty much become The Man. And if he thinks that the entire intelligence community is lying about this, he has ample resources to actually address the issue rather than turning to someone who will definitely lie to him.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 17, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »
It's nice to finally see the US head of state point out significant distrust with the heads of alphabet agencies like the FBI and CIA. These agencies have been and will always be outlets for blatant state-sanctioned propaganda, not genuine trustworthy sources of information. If I were Trump, I'd definitely speak to Putin as well. While he's not trustworthy either, it'd be interesting to see what kind of lies he spins in my direction versus the lies spun by my own agency directors.
What's odd is the US head of state put those people in place to begin with.He's literally saying "I would rather trust a man who has a reason to fool me than the people I literally hand picked to run part of my country."
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #3084 on: July 17, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
>implying Trump can tell when he is being lied to.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 17, 2018, 04:44:02 PM »
Trump is the president now. You can't keep casting him as the underdog, the little guy fighting against the system, when he's pretty much become The Man. And if he thinks that the entire intelligence community is lying about this, he has ample resources to actually address the issue rather than turning to someone who will definitely lie to him.

The POTUS position isn't a dictatorship, Saddam. You don't magically become the most powerful person in the government simply by getting into that position, no more than in Game of Thrones someone magically becomes powerful by sitting on the iron throne. The president actually has little power all things considered, and even less power if the current president is hated by most government insiders or other branches.

What's odd is the US head of state put those people in place to begin with.He's literally saying "I would rather trust a man who has a reason to fool me than the people I literally hand picked to run part of my country."

Both Putin and government agencies have reasons to fool Trump, though those reasons differ.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:46:27 PM by Rushy »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 17, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »
he has ample resources to actually address the issue
I'm curious - what are you suggesting? Bear in mind that the very same untrustworthy intelligence agencies are currently trying to prove that his election was illegitimate, and that any interference would immediately be spun into obstruction of justice.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 17, 2018, 05:19:01 PM »
I find this Trump position fascinating.

The public would take the side of an unelected deep state, before their elected President. How then do you stop the deep state when it goes rogue?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:25 PM »
Both Putin and government agencies have reasons to fool Trump, though those reasons differ.
Ok, I'll bite the troll bait:
What reasons do the people trump appointed have to decieve him?

I find this Trump position fascinating.

The public would take the side of an unelected deep state, before their elected President. How then do you stop the deep state when it goes rogue?
One man's "deep state" is another man's patriot.Standing up to a corrupt leader.Refusing to allow the US to be ruled by a dictator wanna-be.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 17, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »
And apparently Trump walks back.
https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17/629764949/ryan-vladimir-putin-does-not-share-our-interests
Guess he trusts his people after all?

BillO

« Reply #3090 on: July 18, 2018, 03:54:46 AM »
>implying Trump can tell when he is being lied to.
Or when he is lying, for that matter.  Or maybe he just assumes everything he says is a lie.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: July 18, 2018, 04:56:51 PM »
It's okay, guys. Trump just accidentally said the opposite of what he actually meant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44868050
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 18, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »

The same basic reason anyone ever deceives someone else, to get them to do (or not do) something they specifically desire to happen (or not happen).

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 18, 2018, 06:13:35 PM »

The same basic reason anyone ever deceives someone else, to get them to do (or not do) something they specifically desire to happen (or not happen).
That's so vague it's probably true!

« Reply #3094 on: July 18, 2018, 06:30:01 PM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 18, 2018, 06:30:29 PM »

That's so vague it's probably true!

The art of the deal.

BillO

« Reply #3096 on: July 18, 2018, 07:31:10 PM »
It's okay, guys. Trump just accidentally said the opposite of what he actually meant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44868050
And there is goes into his mouth...

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 19, 2018, 01:16:37 AM »
he has ample resources to actually address the issue
I'm curious - what are you suggesting? Bear in mind that the very same untrustworthy intelligence agencies are currently trying to prove that his election was illegitimate, and that any interference would immediately be spun into obstruction of justice.

Trump is already facing accusations of obstruction of justice. It's not like he's currently playing it safe or biding his time - he's just not acting in a way that suggests he truly believes the very serious allegations he grumbles about. If replacing the people in charge of these agencies would bring him too much heat, he could order new investigations led by people he trusts. He can also review the existing investigations, question those involved directly, and look over their work for holes or discrepancies, which there certainly would be plenty of for a conspiracy of this scale. The U.S. government doesn't suddenly become hyper-competent when it comes to shady deeds or covering up scandals. He also has the power to declassify information he wants the public to know about, which would be a useful tool for getting the public on his side.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: July 21, 2018, 11:41:43 PM »
Remember that time Saddam thought Trump couldn't even make it through a whole year of being president before indicted? Reminds me of the shittons of investigations into Hillary that produced nothing other than a "lock her up" meme. "Trump will be impeached and thrown in jail because muh Russia, any day now! Aaaaaany day now! It'll be soon! Believe me! Soon!"

Also:

Your Favorite President Did Nothing Wrong

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 22, 2018, 02:44:41 AM »
Remember that time Saddam thought Trump couldn't even make it through a whole year of being president before indicted?

I don't remember that. Are you sure you're not confusing me with Dave or Gary?