Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Do we need re-elections?
« on: January 03, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »
Thork and Roundy have stepped down, which is unfortunate since all we required were their votes and opinions, not any massive investment of time. I don't see the concept of a Zetetic Council as the backbone workhorse of the society, but an organ which provides the structure and guidance we were not receiving on the other forum.

If we want to work on a project we should reach out to the community for ideas and assistance, help put together some guidelines and structure, but not expected to do the entire project ourselves.

Do we need a re-election?

Thork

Re: Do we need re-elections?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:29:37 AM »
It is healthy. Get some fresh blood on the council. 2 swaps will freshen it up a bit. We were never meant to be on the council as long as we have been without elections anyway.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 03:08:00 AM »
I'm willing to hold elections, but it might be pointless if reunification is as imminent as it appears to be. That said, anything Daniel is involved with will probably take longer than is reasonable.

I guess we might as well go ahead with it. Since that's a majority vote, I'll PM PP after I post this and ask for an elections board.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 03:33:15 PM »
I brought it up with PP, and he agrees with my and Secret's concern. Thus, I change my vote to disagree.

Also, we are to be disbanded after reunification. I'm not sure everyone here is aware of that.

Thork

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 03:47:37 PM »
I brought it up with PP, and he agrees with my and Secret's concern. Thus, I change my vote to disagree.

Also, we are to be disbanded after reunification. I'm not sure everyone here is aware of that.
So you would leave Daniel in charge?

I vote we wait until after reunification since that will let more constituents vote.
Might never happen. Are you going to sit in limbo forever? You should plan as though reunification will never happen. Otherwise this society will never move and Daniel has succeeded in disabling it.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 05:57:20 PM »
PP seems confident that reunification is imminent. I trust him. Anyway, concerns about Daniel being in charge were addressed in the S&C thread.

I suggest that we use the little time we have left to do as much as we can with regard to ENaG. We should try to have something in place that will survive reunification, cause the annotation to actually happen, and demonstrate the potential of the ZC.