Quick question flat earthers...
« on: March 01, 2018, 01:14:23 PM »
I have a question, if the earth is flat, why is it every planet and star around us is a sphere? What makes us so special?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question flat earthers...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »
I'd suggest reading the FAQ and wiki, and learning to search the forum. This question gets asked weekly.

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:48:14 PM »
I'd suggest reading the FAQ and wiki, and learning to search the forum. This question gets asked weekly.

Never gets answered, though. As in this case.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »

The answer is generally simple. https://wiki.tfes.org/Planets
Slightly more in depth still boils down to simply the fact the other planets and the moon have been observed to be obviously round. Looking at the Earth 'proves' the opposite.

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 05:25:18 PM »

The answer is generally simple. https://wiki.tfes.org/Planets
Slightly more in depth still boils down to simply the fact the other planets and the moon have been observed to be obviously round. Looking at the Earth 'proves' the opposite.

Yes, it's the circular argument - the Earth is flat, and therefore this explains everything.

As to how the accelerating flat Earth is accelerating in exactly the same way as the planets orbiting it, and the Sun, and the crystal dome, in the absence of a physical connection - how it is that there isn't a trail of bits falling off the accelerating planets - well, the theory is infinitely flexible.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 06:40:03 PM »
I have a question, if the earth is flat, why is it every planet and star around us is a sphere? What makes us so special?

I was certainly expecting a stronger argument, but here it is:

Q. If the planets are round, why isn't the earth?

A. The earth is not a planet.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 12:50:12 AM »
I did some more reading on the wiki to try to avoid asking a already “explained” question. However, I couldn’t find anything on the wiki about other life. If the earth is the center of the universe and NOT a planet as stated above, does that mean extraterrestrial life in the FE idea is also not possible? Because whether the earth is flat or not, there are still many other objects in our universe that could possibly support life. One of these being Planets found in the Goldilocks zone, which were discovered through telescopes and observing shadows (not space travel which was otherwise stated to be “fake”). Due to the size of the universe scientist say it is very unlikely other life does not exist. Does this mean that we just happen to be the only life that has our own little non-planet to live on that has everything revolve around it? This seems unlikely due to the vastness of the universe and the high possibility of other life.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 03:55:44 AM »
If the earth is the center of the universe and NOT a planet as stated above, does that mean extraterrestrial life in the FE idea is also not possible?

Depends on your underlining FE worldview, some FEers believe there is endless possibility within the infinite plane for other worlds and life forms. I myself, see this current world as a closed system with a firmanent, designed by an Inteligent Creator God, with stars and galaxies given as lights for times and seasons.

So you get both types of FEers and even more than that, but, as with everything in life.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:58:46 AM by Dither »
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Zanz

• Flat Earth researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 05:41:23 PM »
Some Flat Earthers say that planets are either holographic projections, completely faked, or just decorations on a dome, no bigger than a car.
I still believe its round don't worry.

BrownRobin

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 06:27:10 PM »

I was certainly expecting a stronger argument, but here it is:

Q. If the planets are round, why isn't the earth?

A. The earth is not a planet.

Flat Earth Society arguments can tend to be very vague and not really thought through when pressed for clarity.

This is by design; Most Flat Earthers (as I have seen on this forum) will admit that they really don't know what their Flat Earth Model truely looks like. And so, such short and quick responses are a way to answer your question without really answering your question.

In many other cases your dealing with religious beliefs.

The belief in a Flat Earth will likely diminish within the next 1-2 decades, as advancements to space / space travel evolve to where people going to space become more common; the evidence will become so overwhelming and obvious that Round Earth will no longer be a hoax but accepted as fact.

What we are seeing now is the tail end of a society of remaining hoax believers that are clinging to every bit of evidence they can find to support their theory and try and make sense of what is happening on the world today.

It will just take a little more time.

Once this happens, hoax arguments will likely evolve.

I think it would be interesting if NASA, SPACE X, etc.. just ask FE's like 'Mad Mike' Hughes if they want to train for the next space mission and then leave an open seat invitation or reservation. Maybe even include seats for 2 FE folks so that they can report back on the Earths observed Curvature. Of course, the FE'er that went to space and reported a curvature would attribute it to them being drugged and put into a hallucinating state.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:39:27 PM by BrownRobin »

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 07:06:58 PM »

I think it would be interesting if NASA, SPACE X, etc.. just ask FE's like 'Mad Mike' Hughes if they want to train for the next space mission and then leave an open seat invitation or reservation. Maybe even include seats for 2 FE folks so that they can report back on the Earths observed Curvature. Of course, the FE'er that went to space and reported a curvature would attribute it to them being drugged and put into a hallucinating state.

I suspect that there are people pretending to believe in the Flat Earth in order to get a free space flight.