LoveScience

Earths molten core
« on: December 06, 2018, 08:10:49 AM »
Having glanced through the FE Wiki on Form and Magnitude I can't find any mention let alone explanation for how the Earths molten core was formed.  This was discovered back in 1936 of course following a study of Earthquakes in New Zealand. The molten core is what produces the Earths magnetic field which in turn produces the aurora displays that we all know and love.

Surely if the Earth was flat there couldn't be 'core' as such? 

Offline Spingo

• View Profile
Re: Earths molten core
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:36:43 AM »
Having glanced through the FE Wiki on Form and Magnitude I can't find any mention let alone explanation for how the Earths molten core was formed.  This was discovered back in 1936 of course following a study of Earthquakes in New Zealand. The molten core is what produces the Earths magnetic field which in turn produces the aurora displays that we all know and love.

Surely if the Earth was flat there couldn't be 'core' as such?

Actually recent experiments have shown the inner core is not actually molten, but solid. The outer core however is molten apparently!

It’s not the core that produces the Auroras, rather its the interaction of charged particles from the sun with the earth’s magnetic field, which as you say is produced as a result of the earth’s metallic core.

But you are correct it’s just one of the many natural phenomena that go to prove the spherical nature of the earth.
Though while we have all these facts the FE movement do have a book from 1922, so let’s not forget that!

LoveScience

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 08:48:31 AM »
Yes I realised I hadn't made that point quite as clearly as I originally intended.  Outer molten inner solid. The movement of the outer core is what produces the magnetic field.  Basic electromagnetic theory.

Without the magnetosphere (magnetoflat or magnetoplane doesn't have the same ring to it!) we couldn't have aurora displays. Which as you say are created by interactions between it and particles from the solar wind.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:51:43 AM by LoveScience »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 11:04:23 AM »
It's more likely to be a molten layer in FET.

LoveScience

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 12:19:40 PM »
OK then what is the heat source?

totallackey

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »
OK then what is the heat source?
What is the heat source in RET?

LoveScience

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 01:57:15 PM »
Plenty of information across the net on this but in summary...there are actually three main sources of heating in RET.

1. The core of the Earth is still hot from the creation process.
2. Emitted heat from radioactive decay of elements contained deep inside the Earth.
3. Frictional heating due to material being pulled in towards the core from gravitational forces.

There are undoubtedly other contributing sources. The rocky material deep inside the Earth will be under immense pressures and this will lead to a heating effect for example.

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »
The heat source would depend a bit on the model I presume. In the TFES suggested UA model, the 'heat source' could simply be the friction/pressure created by whatever is accelerating the Earth from below. I'm not so sure how this would work for other options like the infinite plane or denspressure models however.

LoveScience

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 03:07:56 PM »
Trying to imagine how the UA model would work for internal heat. 

A flat disk accelerating 'head first' as FET suggests so we are all pushed back towards the surface would surely result in the surface being heated more than the interior. That is where the friction would occur. A bit like a spacecraft (yes I know there are no such things as spacecraft in FE world but bear with me) during re-entry.

Yes some of that heat would be transferred under the surface but the surface would be hotter than the interior.  Opposite to what we experience in reality.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:15:19 PM by LoveScience »

Curiosity File

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 07:08:20 PM »
The heat source, or part of, according to TFES wiki

"is also what warms the Earth and causes the lava under the crust."

https://wiki.tfes.org/Aether

However I'm sure FES wiki has their own definition and explanation of "Aether" that is very different from main steam modern science.

Here's what up to date science says about this theory.

https://resonance.is/the-end-of-the-aether/

Offline Spingo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 10:13:58 PM »

What would hold all the hot stuff in John?

Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »

Are you just taking something round and making it flat for the sake of FE, or is there evidence that the molten core is flat and not round?  And what about the solid iron core within the molten core?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?