Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox users are bricking their consoles
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 04:25:14 AM »
I'd say of all the newest generation consoles, the Xbone is the best. The operating system is fluid, and intuitive, and it seems to be pretty powerful. The demo at work runs Battlefield 4 at what looks like a constant 60 FPS.

Console gamers have no idea what Battlefield 4 is even supposed to look like.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 04:29:42 AM »
But that picture was made to mock the very attitude you use it for >:(
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 04:32:32 AM »
But that picture was made to mock the very attitude you use it for >:(

And Chuck Norris jokes were made to mock him, not actually imply he has any of those abilities. Yet here we are in a world where everyone thinks Chuck Norris is just awesome for no good reason.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 05:50:14 AM »
If this problem can't be fixed, then it looks like the people who fell for it are well and truly...Xboned.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 05:52:30 AM »
If this problem can't be fixed, then it looks like the people who fell for it are well and truly...Xboned.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »
PS4 is demonstrably more powerful, however. For example: running games in actual 1080p rather than 720p or upscaled 900p like the Xbox One.

Please tell me you're joking because I can't believe that the latest console from Microsoft doesn't do full HD resolution.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 12:27:29 PM »
PS4 is demonstrably more powerful, however. For example: running games in actual 1080p rather than 720p or upscaled 900p like the Xbox One.

Please tell me you're joking because I can't believe that the latest console from Microsoft doesn't do full HD resolution.
Display    4K, 1080p, 1080i, and 720p resolutions
The Mastery.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »
Dead Rising 3 is 720p at 30 FPS with frequent drops.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »

Display    4K, 1080p, 1080i, and 720p resolutions
You know what I mean.  720p is low HD.  In meant 1080.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »
As a computer idiot, why can't current systems have what old computers, games, phones, etc used to have which is a little red 'return to factory settings' button on the bottom?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2013, 04:24:10 PM »
Because then you wouldn't have to buy a new console when you fuck it up.
The Mastery.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »
As a computer idiot, why can't current systems have what old computers, games, phones, etc used to have which is a little red 'return to factory settings' button on the bottom?
It's technically possible but to do it you'd need to tie that button into firmware so that when pressed it loads up a ROM copy of whatever settings are changeable then writes those settings to the HDD.
But to ensure that it actually worked properly, it would have to remove any and all updates as well as other data which may interfere.

So it may actually need to wipe your entire HDD and reinstall the OS.  But doing so requires a sizable amount of storage space.  Plus it makes it so easy to essentially erase everything that little brothers would do it just for fun.  And since the console isn't designed to be bricked so easily (old games required you to put in IRQ settings and the like) then said button is essentially worthless.

It's far easier to simply have the technicians have a way to boot from a USB drive into the console and reinstall the OS.  Not only do they make money on repairs, but they also ensure that your data isn't wiped without your consent.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2013, 11:19:38 PM »

Sometimes dropping to 10-12 FPS, even, which makes it worse. Not to mention like Call of Duty and Battlefield had to be lowered to 720p on Xbox One 'cause they couldn't make it run as well.

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 12:30:10 AM »

Sometimes dropping to 10-12 FPS, even, which makes it worse. Not to mention like Call of Duty and Battlefield had to be lowered to 720p on Xbox One 'cause they couldn't make it run as well.

It's because there is a dedicated portion of the hardware that just goes into making the Kinect work. If Microsoft let the games use that bit, they'd run much better. Or at least that's what I've read.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 01:56:51 AM »

There is no excuse for this.
Consoles are a set hardware.  You write your game BASED ON THAT HARDARE.  If you allow a release where not only are you at a low HD resolution BUT you're dropping to 10-12FPS, you deserve to go bankrupt.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 01:59:15 AM »
It's because there is a dedicated portion of the hardware that just goes into making the Kinect work. If Microsoft let the games use that bit, they'd run much better. Or at least that's what I've read.

Rumor bullshit from fanboys. The Xbox One and PS4 both suck at graphics because they use hardware from 2010. My computer is roughly 8 times more powerful than the Xbox One and 7 times more powerful than the PS4 and I'm using 2011 hardware. These consoles may be "next-gen" but they are not "current-gen."

I remember when they announced the specs it surprised me just how bad the hardware is. They're only marginally better than the old systems.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 02:04:22 AM »
It's okay, people will buy them anyway.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 02:31:35 AM »
If PC got all the exclusives the consoles do, I would not buy consoles. As it is, it doesn't. :[

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2013, 02:32:30 AM »
If PC got all the exclusives the consoles do, I would not buy consoles. As it is, it doesn't. :[
Yes, because people buy consoles.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 02:32:58 AM »
I will buy a console.