Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #340 on: June 20, 2021, 10:49:51 AM »
I thought I'd calculate the odds of Joe Biden dying in office. Below are the actuarial tables so you can see my sources.
https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

Joe is 78 years old. He has a 4.78% chance of dying this year.

Out of 100,000, people only 56,065 would be left to make the ripe old age of 78.
4 years later 44,553 will be left to celebrate their 82nd birthday.

56,056 - 44,553 = 11503
100 / (56056 / 11503) = 20.5% chance of death in those 4 years. Joe didn't have his birthday on the day he was inaugurated so his chances are a fraction more.

I honestly thought his odds of dying would be a lot higher.  :-\

Edit: Joe has dementia.
Quote from: https://www.liftedcare.com/what-is-the-life-expectancy-for-someone-with-dementia/
General life expectancy for someone with Alzheimer’s is around 8-12 years.
After diagnosis, the average lifespan of someone with dementia with Lewy bodies was found in one study to be around 5-7 years after onset.
The average life span for someone with frontotemporal dementia (sometimes called Pick’s disease) is around eight years.

So its about 50-50. Ok, I feel better about this now.

Does your numbers take into account that, as president, he has the best healthcare money can buy?
Or is this based on the average American, who (just fyi) does not have the best medical care or even very good medical care.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 20, 2021, 10:26:07 PM »
Does your numbers take into account that, as president, he has the best healthcare money can buy?
Or is this based on the average American, who (just fyi) does not have the best medical care or even very good medical care.
Between you and me Dave, I think Biden died sometime last year on the campaign trail and what you are seeing on TV, is his reanimated corpse. I don't want to start a conspiracy theory, but I'm sure I read something about 'Project Weekend at Bernie's".
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 21, 2021, 04:01:34 AM »
Between you and me Dave, I think Biden died sometime last year on the campaign trail and what you are seeing on TV, is his reanimated corpse. I don't want to start a conspiracy theory, but I'm sure I read something about 'Project Weekend at Bernie's".
So a reanimated corpse was better than Donald Trump?
Yeah... Yeah that makes sense.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #343 on: June 21, 2021, 11:37:06 AM »
Hey America, would it be possible to start speaking out against the drive for extreme domestic counter-terrorism powers now instead of waiting until it’s too late?

Sincerely,

Your concerned neighbor. (Canada)

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 21, 2021, 11:47:34 AM »
Hey America, would it be possible to start speaking out against the drive for extreme domestic counter-terrorism powers now instead of waiting until it’s too late?

Sincerely,

OMG, if there was ever anyone who needed to get their political house in order before worrying about others, its Canada.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 21, 2021, 11:50:50 AM »

Sincerely,

Hey Canada, would it be possible to start speaking out against acts of terrorism committed by government officials against your citizenry now instead of waiting until it's too late?

Sincerely,

Your unconcerned neighbor (The US)
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #346 on: June 21, 2021, 12:20:55 PM »

Sincerely,

OMG, if there was ever anyone who needed to get their political house in order before worrying about others, its Canada.

Everyone needs work. This is a Biden thread though. If you want to start a Trudeau bad thread, go ahead.

Sincerely,

Hey Canada, would it be possible to start speaking out against acts of terrorism committed by government officials against your citizenry now instead of waiting until it's too late?

Sincerely,

You obviously are concerned, hence the effort of replying while trying to be a cool kid. You and Thork can go get your rage-boners about Trudeau in another thread.

Interesting that you don’t want to speak out against the Biden administration’s rhetoric about Domestic Terrorism being a bigger threat than Islamic terrorism and calls for increased domestic powers.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 21, 2021, 12:35:48 PM »

Sincerely,

Everyone needs work. This is a Biden thread though. If you want to start a Trudeau bad thread, go ahead.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

You obviously are concerned, hence the effort of replying while trying to be a cool kid. You and Thork can go get your rage-boners about Trudeau in another thread.

Interesting that you don’t want to speak out against the Biden administration’s rhetoric about Domestic Terrorism being a bigger threat than Islamic terrorism and calls for increased domestic powers.
I understand anyone shouting out "terrorism," is most likely a terrorist.

All started many moons ago.

Rama Set

« Reply #348 on: June 21, 2021, 12:49:20 PM »
No need to quote my post to talk about how smart you are.

Anyway, to people interested in discussing, it seems like Biden and the establishment Dems are interested in ratcheting up funding and legislation to increase already disastrous power wielded by the FBI and CIA, using Jan 6th as the political smokescreen.

Unfortunately MSNBC and CNN won’t cover it and Fox News will cover it badly and no one will realize that their government is amping up the surveillance state.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 21, 2021, 12:51:56 PM »

Anyway, to people interested in discussing, it seems like Biden and the establishment Dems are interested in ratcheting up funding and legislation to increase already disastrous power wielded by the FBI and CIA, using Jan 6th as the political smokescreen.

Unfortunately MSNBC and CNN won’t cover it and Fox News will cover it badly and no one will realize that their government is amping up the surveillance state.
Forget China and Russia. The US government sees its own citizens as the real enemy. It watches them far more closely than any would be geopolitical rival.

Rama Set

« Reply #350 on: June 21, 2021, 12:58:13 PM »

Forget China and Russia. The US government sees its own citizens as the real enemy. It watches them far more closely than any would be geopolitical rival.

Not so much the enemy and more of a pawn in my estimation. The government, billionaires and media are just putting the public against one another.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 21, 2021, 01:11:27 PM »

Not so much the enemy and more of a pawn in my estimation. The government, billionaires and media are just putting the public against one another.
With you acting as a willing agent those same people you supposedly decry?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 01:51:28 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2021, 02:31:28 PM »
With you acting as a willing agent those same people you supposedly decry?

*for those

I am not sure why you think I am an agent for them.  You sound a little paranoid.  Anyway, we aren't talking about me, we are talking about the Biden administration.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 21, 2021, 03:01:34 PM »

How many weapons and soliders does China and Russia have in the US?
Alot less than the number who stormed the capital on January 6.

So yeah, it is a bigger threat.  "A gun in every bush" applies to domestic terrorists as well as peaceful citizens.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
Stormed the capital?[sic] These extremely dangerous looking people who have calmly stopped to have their photos taken by the assembled press who a) knew they would be there and b) felt in absolutely no mortal danger whatsoever? You think is gaggle have more weapons and soldiers than China?

I think you've been watching too much CNN again.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2021, 04:32:42 PM »
Yes Thork, because that's all they did, was casually stroll in, take a few pictures and calmly voice their displeasure.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2021, 05:45:36 PM »
assembled press who a) knew they would be there and b) felt in absolutely no mortal danger whatsoever?

You do realize there was this extremely minor, unimportant to American democracy, detail of certifying the votes of the electoral college happening in congress at that time that may have warranted media attendance at the capitol even though it's such a trivial thing.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 22, 2021, 07:46:04 PM »
Stormed the capital?[sic] These extremely dangerous looking people who have calmly stopped to have their photos taken by the assembled press who a) knew they would be there and b) felt in absolutely no mortal danger whatsoever? You think is gaggle have more weapons and soldiers than China?

I think you've been watching too much CNN again.

a) This was taken before the riot occurred.
b) There was an armed officer there.

But I was thinking more this:

or this

You know, that time people tried to break into a blockaided door and someone got shot by Secret Service?

I mean...

That's alot of trump supporters right there.  All wanting THEIR president to be in power, not the one person who actually won.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 23, 2021, 08:05:59 AM »
The thing that gets me is that most of the Jan 6th rioters seem to be regular folks. Regular folks with a lot of disposable income, since a lot of them seem to have travelled from far and wide to get there.... but;

I don't get the impression that they thought they would storm the building, stop the process, then actually DO something. I get the impression they thought they would stop the process, then go back home, go back to work, and it would then be someone else's problem.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 23, 2021, 09:30:59 AM »
The thing that gets me is that most of the Jan 6th rioters seem to be regular folks. Regular folks with a lot of disposable income, since a lot of them seem to have travelled from far and wide to get there.... but;

I don't get the impression that they thought they would storm the building, stop the process, then actually DO something. I get the impression they thought they would stop the process, then go back home, go back to work, and it would then be someone else's problem.

And steal Pelosi's mail.
And maybe kill someone.