Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #1220 on: November 28, 2021, 10:46:32 PM »

Honestly, with the new Omnicron varient, we probably will
Becaues of people like Tom, this won't go away.  Ever.  So we'll need to keep getting booster shots for the newest strain.
1) We do not yet know how Omnicron reacts to the current vaccines.
2) Mutation is a natural by product of replication.  So the more replication the more chances of mutation.  The vaccines greatly reduce replication as they beat back the infection so much faster. We can wipe out the disease entirely if we  just administered vaccines to everyone..  It is a huge failing of the modern world that while we have produced the vaccines that could have stopped Covid by now if we just vaccinated the world, but the west has not vaccinated nearly enough of their own populations let alone made good on our promises to get vaccines to the poor.  No one is safe unless everyone everywhere is safe.
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

« Reply #1221 on: November 29, 2021, 12:45:12 AM »

Honestly, with the new Omnicron varient, we probably will
Becaues of people like Tom, this won't go away.  Ever.  So we'll need to keep getting booster shots for the newest strain.
1) We do not yet know how Omnicron reacts to the current vaccines.
2) Mutation is a natural by product of replication.  So the more replication the more chances of mutation.  The vaccines greatly reduce replication as they beat back the infection so much faster. We can wipe out the disease entirely if we  just administered vaccines to everyone..  It is a huge failing of the modern world that while we have produced the vaccines that could have stopped Covid by now if we just vaccinated the world, but the west has not vaccinated nearly enough of their own populations let alone made good on our promises to get vaccines to the poor.  No one is safe unless everyone everywhere is safe.

I bet that pharma companies don't mind covid being an omnipresent threat - maybe vaccines are a good cash cow right now.

For the good of humanity you would think they could release the patents and allow developing countries to manufacture their own. Not every vaccine that has worked requires uber cold storage. Australia had astrazenica pumping out a million doses worth a week. We shut it down because we didn't need it anymore. Disgraceful.

But continents like Africa ensure we continue to get mutated varients. One day enough to require an updated vaccine. Good for their companies bottom line, not so good for millions of victims

« Reply #1222 on: November 29, 2021, 04:24:53 AM »
I bet that pharma companies don't mind covid being an omnipresent threat - maybe vaccines are a good cash cow right now.

For the good of humanity you would think they could release the patents and allow developing countries to manufacture their own. Not every vaccine that has worked requires uber cold storage. Australia had astrazenica pumping out a million doses worth a week. We shut it down because we didn't need it anymore. Disgraceful.

But continents like Africa ensure we continue to get mutated varients. One day enough to require an updated vaccine. Good for their companies bottom line, not so good for millions of victims
I agree.  It's really a question time.  The patent holders can not possibly make enough to vaccinate the world in a timely manner.  Big Pharma is not participating in the African market and does not seem likely to do so any time soon.  Why not let a market you ave not addressing nor likely to address anyway be fulfilled in another way (make it themselves) and get great press and a huge tax deduction?
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 29, 2021, 07:37:40 PM »
lol @ anyone who thought that they were, or ever would be, fully vaxxed

I guess I'm fully vaxxed now. Cool.
Nope. You aren't Omicron vaxxed.

You realise that coronavirus infects wild animals that can re-infect humans again, right? No one ever ever said we could eradicate coronavirus. You made that up in your own head. You are blaming Tom for things you imagine now.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 29, 2021, 07:47:53 PM »

Do you have some sort of direct line to the researchers around the world trying to determine how transmissible and how severe illness could be from Omicron and the efficacy of current vax's against it? Apparently, you know something no one else on the planet knows yet. Delusions of grandeur?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 29, 2021, 07:56:53 PM »

Do you have some sort of direct line to the researchers around the world trying to determine how transmissible and how severe illness could be from Omicron and the efficacy of current vax's against it? Apparently, you know something no one else on the planet knows yet. Delusions of grandeur?
If being able to read is a 'delusion of grandeur', sure.

My government already told us how it wishes to strip us of our civil liberties using omicron as the excuse. And they don't give a crap if you're vaccinated or not. We all get treated as 'not'.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/11/29/new-covid-rules-uk-omicron-variant-tests-face-masks-christmas/

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 29, 2021, 08:00:52 PM »

You realise that coronavirus infects wild animals that can re-infect humans again, right? No one ever ever said we could eradicate coronavirus. You made that up in your own head. You are blaming Tom for things you imagine now.
Eh.  Technically the Corona virus has been around for decades.  But I was more referring to it as a constant and large threat moreso than "total eradication".
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 29, 2021, 08:04:22 PM »

Eh.  Technically the Corona virus has been around for decades.  But I was more referring to it as a constant and large threat moreso than "total eradication".
Its going to stay a constant threat for as long as people are fat as fuck. When people start making sensible health choices, less will be in danger from coronavirus and restrictions will ease. That will likely never happen because most people are lazy and stupid. But that isn't Tom's fault.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 29, 2021, 08:15:06 PM »

If being able to read is a 'delusion of grandeur', sure.

My government already told us how it wishes to strip us of our civil liberties using omicron as the excuse. And they don't give a crap if you're vaccinated or not. We all get treated as 'not'.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/11/29/new-covid-rules-uk-omicron-variant-tests-face-masks-christmas/

Apparently, you missed a bit from your article:

"We don't yet exactly know how effective our vaccines will be against omicron but we have good reasons for believing they will provide at least some measure of protection.
"If you're boosted, your response is likely to be stronger so it's more vital than ever that people get their jabs and we get those boosters into arms as fast as possible."

You stated I'm not vaxxed against Omicron. How would you know? And what does your claim that somehow you know vax's don't work for Omicron have anything to do with your government stripping you of your civil liberties?

Do you know something about Omicron that no one else does?

« Reply #1229 on: November 29, 2021, 08:24:49 PM »
Its going to stay a constant threat for as long as people are fat as fuck. When people start making sensible health choices, less will be in danger from coronavirus and restrictions will ease. That will likely never happen because most people are lazy and stupid. But that isn't Tom's fault.
There is indeed a correlation between a higher BMI and more sever illness (https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2021/03/10/obesity-coronavirus) among those who received a COVID diagnosis.  But no correlation has been found (that I am aware of or that you have posted) between BMI and the likelihood of getting infected or BMI and vaccine effectiveness.   

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: November 29, 2021, 09:05:04 PM »
Fun fact: if you can't pay enough attention to spell a word you hadn't encountered before (it's omicron, not omnicron, you absolute dolts), you probably hadn't paid enough attention to understand what you're discussing.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 29, 2021, 09:25:58 PM »

"We don't yet exactly know how effective our vaccines will be against omicron but we have good reasons for believing they will provide at least some measure of protection.
"If you're boosted, your response is likely to be stronger so it's more vital than ever that people get their jabs and we get those boosters into arms as fast as possible."

You stated I'm not vaxxed against Omicron. How would you know? And what does your claim that somehow you know vax's don't work for Omicron have anything to do with your government stripping you of your civil liberties?

??? No one cares about the facts. Least of all, governments. How will you be TREATED now we have a new variant? Answer: As though you haven't been vaccinated again. Go put on your masks, work from home and live exactly like you did before the 'world saving' vaccines were developed.

There is indeed a correlation between a higher BMI and more sever illness (https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2021/03/10/obesity-coronavirus) among those who received a COVID diagnosis.  But no correlation has been found (that I am aware of or that you have posted) between BMI and the likelihood of getting infected or BMI and vaccine effectiveness.   
So what? If people are healthy and covid poses no risk, we don't have to have all the drama-filled restrictions that go with that. We've had almost 2 years to get people fitter, eating better and looking after themselves and we have done zero. The message is stay at home on your fat arse and wait for science to save you. It's a pretty shitty message.

« Reply #1232 on: November 29, 2021, 10:29:09 PM »
So what? If people are healthy and covid poses no risk, we don't have to have all the drama-filled restrictions that go with that. We've had almost 2 years to get people fitter, eating better and looking after themselves and we have done zero. The message is stay at home on your fat arse and wait for science to save you. It's a pretty shitty message.
Nothing in that paper indicates that COVID is "no risk" to healthy fit people.  Only that it is MORE of a risk for obese folks.   I don't know what messaging you are getting but I see a constant stream of fitness exhortations from many sources (along with plenty from the other side we well).  Just how would you propose that the government go about this task of getting everyone fit?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 29, 2021, 10:55:44 PM »

??? No one cares about the facts. Least of all, governments. How will you be TREATED now we have a new variant? Answer: As though you haven't been vaccinated again. Go put on your masks, work from home and live exactly like you did before the 'world saving' vaccines were developed.

From your article:

The new restrictions are as follows:

- Anyone arriving in the UK will be asked to take a PCR test for Covid-19 by the second day and must self-isolate until they provide a negative test.
    - All contacts of people who do test positive with the suspected variant will have to self-isolate for 10 days. The Government confirmed that this applies to children.
    - The rules on face coverings are changing. They will become compulsory on public transport and in shops from next week, but not including hospitality. Teachers and pupils in Year 7 and above are now being "strongly advised" to wear masks in communal areas outside classrooms in England.

So you have to wear masks in shops and you get tested when arriving in the UK? Is that really that burdensome for you? Seems like a fair precaution not knowing whether this variant is worse than Delta or not. Where's the mandatory work from home bit?

Or do you know something about Omicron that no else does? You're acting like you do.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 29, 2021, 11:01:55 PM »
Just how would you propose that the government go about this task of getting everyone fit?

Ban multipacks of crisps, sweets and cakes. You have to buy everything individually. No BOGOF deals or discounting of any sort allowed.
Change the weights. Every bag of crisps max 40 grams. Every chocolate bar or bag of sweets, max 40g.
Soft drinks only to be sold individually. You can only buy cans. Can size reduced from 330ml to 250ml.
Now I have the portions under control each sweet or crisps or soft drink is a treat. 3 treats a day for a man, 2 for a woman, 1 for children under twelve as a guideline. 20g half treats can now be a thing.
No VAT on exercise equipment, training gear or training memberships.
Annual fitness check costing £50. If you are deemed in great shape, you get a massive reduction on your national insurance reflecting your risk to the NHS. Sliding scale. Fatties get hammered for taxes.
Proper cycle lanes everywhere. Smooth, no cars. Then make companies install a shower at work by law for every 15 employees, they have to make sure people can freshen up after commuting to work.
Start a culture war against the big is beautiful brigade. Vilify fat people. Use shame.
Place strong metal bars in the doorway of every fast food shop and bakery, spaced 8 inches apart. If you can't squeeze through the gap, you can't go in to buy anything.
Fast food delivery made illegal. You want to eat shit, get off your fat arse and go and get it. I hope you can get through the 8 inch bars or you better learn to cook.
Cooking lessons mandatory in schools until the age of 18.
TV and streaming services shut down at midnight to make sure people get a proper night's sleep.
Doctors retrained to ensure they only give drugs to people who actually need them. Doctors handing out too many drugs get struck off.

Vote Thork for a better healthier future where personal responsibility is heaped upon the individual.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:04:55 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 30, 2021, 05:32:03 AM »
You want your government to mandate all of that, but you think government mask mandates are an overreach?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 30, 2021, 08:51:57 AM »
Thork: policing happens by consent and we will take that consent away at a moment's notice. Veev la rey-vo-loo-shun!
Also Thork: let's destroy modern society because I dislike fat people

Thork: Personal responsibility is great
Also Thork: TV curfews at midnight!!1!! We can't trust people to manage their time!!1!!!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:39:53 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 30, 2021, 10:36:36 AM »
You want your government to mandate all of that, but you think government mask mandates are an overreach?

You have to look at it from his perspective.
If he isn't affected, its not overreach.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 30, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. I'm not someone who needs health policing. I look after myself. It is why I get so annoyed when a guy who looks like he could die at any minute starts issuing mandates. Shitty mandates at that.

^This is a man who never exercises. Ever. A man with poor sleep hygiene. A man with a dreadful diet who is flushed red with his sky high blood pressure. A man who dives into his medicine cabinet every time he picks up a sniffle and fills himself with drugs. I don't want a man like that giving me health advice. He knows fuck all about health. Look at him.

I'm healthy. If people lived a little more like me, we wouldn't have all these health issues. And so yes, if you want to treat your body badly and go outside of what is sensible, then you need to be picking up the bill if we have socialised health care. You need higher premiums. Your premiums are low because people like me aren't accessing the services. I'm paying for you.

So you have to wear masks in shops and you get tested when arriving in the UK? Is that really that burdensome for you? Seems like a fair precaution not knowing whether this variant is worse than Delta or not. Where's the mandatory work from home bit?

Or do you know something about Omicron that no else does? You're acting like you do.
I know that this variant cannot be allowed to just pass without action. It is a great opportunity for government. They must maintain the fear. They must maintain the mantra that citizens need them.
Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59426353
European stock markets have fallen after the boss of Moderna cast doubts on the effectiveness of vaccines against the new Omicron Covid variant.
^Oh, that's very very convenient. Yup, that'll keep people subservient until February.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:40:39 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 30, 2021, 05:39:22 PM »

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. I'm not someone who needs health policing. I look after myself. It is why I get so annoyed when a guy who looks like he could die at any minute starts issuing mandates. Shitty mandates at that.

^This is a man who never exercises. Ever. A man with poor sleep hygiene. A man with a dreadful diet who is flushed red with his sky high blood pressure. A man who dives into his medicine cabinet every time he picks up a sniffle and fills himself with drugs. I don't want a man like that giving me health advice. He knows fuck all about health. Look at him.

I'm healthy. If people lived a little more like me, we wouldn't have all these health issues. And so yes, if you want to treat your body badly and go outside of what is sensible, then you need to be picking up the bill if we have socialised health care. You need higher premiums. Your premiums are low because people like me aren't accessing the services. I'm paying for you.

So that's Chris Witty, kinda the UK's version of the US's Fauci?

How do you know so much about his exercise & sleep regime and his diet? Or that he over medicates himself? You seem to have this inside track of information about virus strains and health practices of UK officials that no one else seems to have - How do you do it?

I know that this variant cannot be allowed to just pass without action. It is a great opportunity for government. They must maintain the fear. They must maintain the mantra that citizens need them.
Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59426353
European stock markets have fallen after the boss of Moderna cast doubts on the effectiveness of vaccines against the new Omicron Covid variant.
^Oh, that's very very convenient. Yup, that'll keep people subservient until February.

Wearing a mask is "subservient", and the government is stoking fear. Yet your mandates, banning chips, metal bars in front of shops only allowing the emaciated to get in, no TV after midnight, vilifying fat people, that's at all not subservient and stoking government fear? What's the government penalty for eating banned, contraband chips in your new world order?  I thought you were against most government intervention in people's personal lives. Now you seem super gung-ho at the government peering into your cabinets and checking your scale and penalizing you accordingly. What a bizarre thorkian twist.