Ghost of V

Re: WiiU & 3DS thred
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2015, 05:34:45 AM »
I was looking at this from a more 1 on 1 perspective. I have never played 8 player mode, and I don't look forward to it either. Strategy and mindgames go out the window, and I would imagine it being a real clusterfuck.

We should really play a round sometime.

Ghost of V

« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »
Well, I caved and bought a New 3DS Xl despite Nintendo's money grubbing. Thork was right. :(

« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2015, 08:26:37 PM »
So yesterday I found out that the Metroid Prime trilogy was available on the Nintendo store for $26. I bought that shit instantly, given it was not only cheaper than real life options (since when is that the case with the eShop?) but I didn't have to leave the house or deal with weirdo's on eBay. Then I found out that you need a Wiimote and nunchuck to play :(

Still really happy they finally added it to the shop, wasn't expecting them to do that. Has anyone played it on the Wii? I remember the GC controls being somewhat awkward, it would seem to me that the Wii controls would be worse.

Ghost of V

« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2015, 10:33:09 PM »
I've played them on the Wii. The first one. The controls were much better, for aiming at least. You're seriously in for a treat.

I want to get the metal box version of the Metroid Trilogy, which is why I haven't bought the digital copy yet.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:48:08 PM by Vauxhall »

« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2015, 11:20:45 PM »
Googling also seems to confirm that the controls with the Wiiremote are better. Now my nunchuck needs to hurry the fuck up and get here, it's been too long since I played MP.

Ghost of V

« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2015, 11:22:41 PM »
Wiimote improves Twilight Princess considerably as well. That and MP benefit a lot from it.

Have you ever played Sin & Punishment: Star Succesor? Great wiimote controls.

« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2015, 11:23:49 PM »
Nope, I never picked up a Wii and haven't bought any Wii games besides the MP trilogy yet. So I'm a Wii noob.

Ghost of V

« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2015, 11:24:32 PM »
Well I recommend Sin & Punishment if you ever find the time.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »
So yesterday I found out that the Metroid Prime trilogy was available on the Nintendo store for $26. I bought that shit instantly, given it was not only cheaper than real life options (since when is that the case with the eShop?) but I didn't have to leave the house or deal with weirdo's on eBay. Then I found out that you need a Wiimote and nunchuck to play :(

Still really happy they finally added it to the shop, wasn't expecting them to do that. Has anyone played it on the Wii? I remember the GC controls being somewhat awkward, it would seem to me that the Wii controls would be worse.

I had MP:3 on the Wii and loved the controls (Apart from flicking the Wiimote upwards to jump). When I saw that they'd remade the other two MPs on it I really wante d to get it, but then I moved out and didn't have the opprtunity to play it.

« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2015, 05:12:08 AM »
I was skeptical as to whether I'd enjoy the game after all these years or if it was just nostalgia prompting my play through. Now that I've sat down and played it for an hour, it's definitely lived up to the personal hype.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2015, 10:47:20 PM »
Will you guys play my WWI themed mario maker level? 9869-0000-0099-2AD0
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.