Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6180 on: September 16, 2020, 09:22:58 AM »
I wonder who the occupants of this house actually voted for. There's a non-zero chance of a fantastic dunk here.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: September 16, 2020, 09:29:55 AM »
While the original creation of the image is unknown, it was taken at least in 2014.  So...  twist tha.

Twist what? It's a picture of a house with flags on it. Those exist. This is like your argument that I need to post a picture of American looters to make a comment about looters and thugs.

Just another avoidance argument, and not an actual response or rebuttal to the content.
Yes they do.  Now twist how a picture from 2014 (or earlier) implies they voted for Trump.  Or that its easy to guess who they voted for.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: September 16, 2020, 09:52:38 AM »
While the original creation of the image is unknown, it was taken at least in 2014.  So...  twist tha.

Twist what? It's a picture of a house with flags on it. Those exist. This is like your argument that I need to post a picture of American looters to make a comment about looters and thugs.

Just another avoidance argument, and not an actual response or rebuttal to the content.

It's from mid-term, not from an election year. What IS the content, beyond the picture? Why ask about the voting preference, when elections were in 2012 and 2016? Explain.   
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: September 16, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »
Idk, I don't know how patriotic someone can be that would support someone who openly disdains our military the way Trump does. I would definitely have gone with Biden unless the occupants of the house are simply hypocrites (which, to be fair, a lot of Trump supporters are).
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: September 18, 2020, 09:13:02 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/17/914127266/trump-announces-patriotic-education-commission-a-largely-political-move

Summary:
Trump thinks schools are too liberal and are lying to our kids so they need to teach "Patriotic" American history.

And all his supporters would cheer at the concept of losing state power of control over the educational curriculum in favor for Federal Government crafted Education.  Because they are totally in favor of a strong, all powerful federal government teaching their kids American History.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: September 18, 2020, 01:28:52 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/17/914127266/trump-announces-patriotic-education-commission-a-largely-political-move

Summary:
Trump thinks schools are too liberal and are lying to our kids so they need to teach "Patriotic" American history.

And all his supporters would cheer at the concept of losing state power of control over the educational curriculum in favor for Federal Government crafted Education.  Because they are totally in favor of a strong, all powerful federal government teaching their kids American History.

A strong, overarching federal government appears to be what the Republican Party is all about nowadays. That and doing whatever it takes to hold on to their scraps of power as they slowly slip more and more into irrelevance.

It's really kind of pathetic.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: September 19, 2020, 02:01:43 AM »
The federal government already has primary control over what's taught in state schools. It's called the Department of Education and, as far as I know, it's not exactly a new thing.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: September 19, 2020, 06:02:24 AM »
The federal government already has primary control over what's taught in state schools. It's called the Department of Education and, as far as I know, it's not exactly a new thing.

They do not, actually.

Some national professional or educational policy organizations have suggested standards and curricula, but there are no federal national standards for any academic area. Education is mainly a state and local responsibility in the Unites States. When the Department of Education was created, Congress made clear that the secretary of education and other Department officials be prohibited from imposing "any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution, school, or school system." (20 USC 3403). It is left to the states to create standards while States and local agencies develop curricula. To determine specific standards or curricula in your state, please contact your state department of education.
https://www.ed.gov/answers/

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: September 19, 2020, 06:07:19 AM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/obama-mcconnell-ruth-bader-ginsburg-scalia-supreme-court-b491539.html

Every single one of them will not care they said it and none of their supporters will either.

Because they're a bunch of partisan fuckards who should all die.

Rama Set

« Reply #6189 on: September 19, 2020, 12:10:54 PM »
Why you post twice?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: September 19, 2020, 12:24:42 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #6191 on: September 19, 2020, 12:32:00 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/obama-mcconnell-ruth-bader-ginsburg-scalia-supreme-court-b491539.html

Every single one of them will not care they said it and none of their supporters will either.

Because they're a bunch of partisan fuckards who should all die.

McConnell has already said he will advance a Trump nominee. What a surprise that he has zero integrity.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: September 19, 2020, 01:39:53 PM »
It's not even something that they're embarrassed by or ashamed of. They're delighted at the thought of doing something they stopped Democrats from doing. "Triggering the libs" has become a priority for Republicans lately.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: September 19, 2020, 01:56:09 PM »

They do not, actually.

Some national professional or educational policy organizations have suggested standards and curricula, but there are no federal national standards for any academic area. Education is mainly a state and local responsibility in the Unites States. When the Department of Education was created, Congress made clear that the secretary of education and other Department officials be prohibited from imposing "any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution, school, or school system." (20 USC 3403). It is left to the states to create standards while States and local agencies develop curricula. To determine specific standards or curricula in your state, please contact your state department of education.
https://www.ed.gov/answers/

They do, actually. I didn't say state and local governments have zero control, just that the federal government has primary control. If the federal government tells schools "you must do X" then they must, as state law cannot override federal law. How stringent that control is maintained is up to the Department of Education.

« Reply #6194 on: September 19, 2020, 03:33:41 PM »
the federal government is actually extremely limited in its direct control of education. it's a 10th amendment issue.

that's why the fed always has to resort to "do what we say or we'll withhold federal dollary-doos from y'allery-youse" to fuck with education shit. they can't just direct public schools to teach x/y/z.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6195 on: September 19, 2020, 05:06:55 PM »
the federal government is actually extremely limited in its direct control of education. it's a 10th amendment issue.

that's why the fed always has to resort to "do what we say or we'll withhold federal dollary-doos from y'allery-youse" to fuck with education shit. they can't just direct public schools to teach x/y/z.

^
This.

They have general things like "Kids must learn Math"
But can't tell you how to teach it.  They can give guidelines (and god do they) but thats it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: September 19, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/death-of-ruth-bader-ginsburg/2020/09/19/914774433/use-my-words-against-me-lindsey-graham-s-shifting-position-on-court-vacancies

TLDR:
Republicans: Everything is different since 2016 so the rules have changed.  And by changed, I mean we have to do whatever Trump wants and he wants to pack the courts.  Oh and Libs suck.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: September 19, 2020, 06:56:04 PM »
If Democrats could have nominated and passed a judge in 2016, they would have done so. If Democrats could nominate and pass a judge right now, they would be doing so. A Republican Senate supports Republicans. Everyone please proceed to act shocked and gasp loudly.

Rama Set

« Reply #6198 on: September 19, 2020, 07:41:14 PM »
If Democrats could have nominated and passed a judge in 2016, they would have done so. If Democrats could nominate and pass a judge right now, they would be doing so. A Republican Senate supports Republicans. Everyone please proceed to act shocked and gasp loudly.

Democrats weren't the ones who said a judge shouldn't be nominated in 2016, Republicans did, that's the source of the issue.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: September 19, 2020, 07:42:09 PM »

Oh yes.  And I'm not saying its not Trump's right to have one.  I mean, Ruth did ask to not pick one until the next President but ignoring that, its his right as President.
Just like it was Obama's right in 2016.  Which the Repubicans ignored.

See, I just hate the Hypocracy.