Inform me
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:24:33 PM »
So I was recently having a discussion with some others about the theory of the flat earth and some questions arose.
(These might have been asked before but I am new to this, so any reply would be greatly appreciated).
1. Lets say someone travels from Canada to Russia, do they have to go from one side of the planet to the other (assuming they aren't side by side like the modern day map projects)?
2. The north pole and south pole, are they just in their usual places (north and south).
3. How is visualization of the earth from areas in space observed as spherical yet it's theorized to be flat?
4. The 'original' earth structure (Pangea), does continental drift still apply to the flat earth?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Inform me
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 08:30:42 PM »
So I was recently having a discussion with some others about the theory of the flat earth and some questions arose.
(These might have been asked before but I am new to this, so any reply would be greatly appreciated).
1. Lets say someone travels from Canada to Russia, do they have to go from one side of the planet to the other (assuming they aren't side by side like the modern day map projects)?
2. The north pole and south pole, are they just in their usual places (north and south).
3. How is visualization of the earth from areas in space observed as spherical yet it's theorized to be flat?
4. The 'original' earth structure (Pangea), does continental drift still apply to the flat earth?

1. Google 'polar azimuthal equidistant map'. You'll be most of the way there.
2. Google 'polar azi ...
3. No one has ever been to space so ...
4. I don't think continental drift is a thing. It relies on malevolent plumes of magma driving plates of crust around. I think entropy is a more likely suspect, with the land masses spreading themselves out equally before they eventually fall into the sea. Magma just being the friction heated rocks in this process. It makes no sense that all the continents get together, then split up, then get together again ... its just another unfounded theory from RErs.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Re: Inform me
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 12:17:25 AM »

1. Google 'polar azimuthal equidistant map'. You'll be most of the way there.
2. Google 'polar azi ...
3. No one has ever been to space so ...
4. I don't think continental drift is a thing. It relies on malevolent plumes of magma driving plates of crust around. I think entropy is a more likely suspect, with the land masses spreading themselves out equally before they eventually fall into the sea. Magma just being the friction heated rocks in this process. It makes no sense that all the continents get together, then split up, then get together again ... its just another unfounded theory from RErs.
Thanks for replying. Just out of curiosity in your response to question 3, how do we see the moon as a spherical shape?