Offline John Quinton

• flat earthers unite
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth rocket launch this weekend
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 04:05:12 AM »
of course there are other governments outside of the US that have a space programme. im talking about the US government since they are perfectly fine shooting things out of the air as long as they benefit. in this case they benefit by having this guy not expose the truth. and obviously they wouldn't explicitly shoot down the guys rocket, they would have someone else do it so they can easily cover it up

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 01:56:23 PM »
of course there are other governments outside of the US that have a space programme. im talking about the US government since they are perfectly fine shooting things out of the air as long as they benefit. in this case they benefit by having this guy not expose the truth. and obviously they wouldn't explicitly shoot down the guys rocket, they would have someone else do it so they can easily cover it up

Forgive my stupidity, but how does the US government shooting down a stuntman in a rocket hide their cover up, when every other space agency around the world is putting satellites into orbit on a regular basis which clearly show that the world is spherical, along with all the other meteorological and astronomical data collected daily by other countries?

Roger

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2018, 02:38:18 PM »
Whelp, he's managed to get it off the ground without killing himself.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 03:24:47 PM »
OK, so he got it up to ... 1,875 feet.

To put that in context, the highest mountain in Scotland is Ben Nevis, at 4,413 feet.  He's barely got to half the height of this small mountain.

Everest is 29,000 feet.

Why all the fuss? It's scarcely epic stuff, and if FE could be proved from 1,875 feet, then FEers would be proudly proclaiming this from the top of Ben Nevis ... but they're not.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
He could do his next launch from the top of Ben Nevis. Checkmate, round earthers.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 05:36:48 PM »
I'll give him credit for putting his life on the line to prove a point. None of this relates to FEH, but still pretty ballsy.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 07:07:47 PM »
He could do his next launch from the top of Ben Nevis. Checkmate, round earthers.

Er ... why?

1875 + 4413 = 6288 ft, still barely one-fifth the height of Everest.
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 09:13:38 PM »
He could launch from the top of Everest!  :-B

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 10:52:38 PM »
He could launch from the top of Everest!  :-B

Why? 29,029' + 1,875' is 30,904', about 8-9,000' less than that of a transatlantic flight.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 04:18:31 PM »
I think people are confusing this launch with his next one. He's a rocket scientist, he needed this launch not just as a 'beta', so to speak, but to raise awareness of when he does launch into space. And then he'll be able to record that their is no curve. He couldn't prove anything from the height he went to. Though when he does go up to space, I expect the people who worship science will say "but but... he needed to go higher".

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »
I think people are confusing this launch with his next one. He's a rocket scientist, he needed this launch not just as a 'beta', so to speak, but to raise awareness of when he does launch into space. And then he'll be able to record that their is no curve. He couldn't prove anything from the height he went to. Though when he does go up to space, I expect the people who worship science will say "but but... he needed to go higher".

Yes, people will say he needed to go higher if he doesn't actually reach space. The ISS is around 250 miles up there.

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »
That's not what I said. I said when he goes to space, he will be able to record what he sees. A flat world, with no curve. But people will still go "well, um, no, no... he needs to go higher." And the iss isn't there. There is no iss.

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 04:46:51 PM »
That's not what I said. I said when he goes to space, he will be able to record what he sees. A flat world, with no curve. But people will still go "well, um, no, no... he needs to go higher." And the iss isn't there. There is no iss.
And if he records a curve FE will just wave it away like you lot already do so what's the point? Presuming he actually gets high enough, provides details on the equipment and it's FOV should be enough to capture a curve if there is one, AND he still shows just flatness. Yes, that will be something interesting. Personally I predict he'll show just like the image on that wiki page, and the FE response will be the same as it is to that image, or any of the dozens even hundreds of other high altitude shots that show a curve.

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
No, because if he goes up and sees a curve, he's not going to come down saying its flat. And we won't 'wave it away', nor will he show the wiki image because everyone will see right through it.

Offline Spycrab

• Wait what's going on I fell asleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »
No, because if he goes up and sees a curve, he's not going to come down saying its flat. And we won't 'wave it away', nor will he show the wiki image because everyone will see right through it.
So if he goes up and sees the globe, the FES is done for? Great! let's get him going!
The espionage crustacean strikes again.
Spycrab, you're the best memeber on the fora. Thank you for being born.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
Sadly, he isn't a flat earther.

He originally wanted to do his rocket thing and managed to crowd fund about $310. This wasn't going to get him very far. He noticed flat earth was a thing people were interested in, and so claimed the earth was flat and he wanted to find out for himself. Suddenly he had $8000 on his project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hughes_(daredevil)

He's just another round earther cashing in on flat earth.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:46:24 PM by Baby Thork »

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »
Sadly, he isn't a flat earther.

He originally wanted to do his rocket thing and managed to crowd fund about $310. This wasn't going to get him very far. He noticed flat earth was a thing people were interested in, and so claimed the earth was flat and he wanted to find out for himself. Suddenly he had $8000 on his project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hughes_(daredevil)

He's just another round earther cashing in on flat earth.

And you guys fell for it?  ;D

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2018, 06:15:12 PM »
No, we've always known.

But he's getting funding and the flat earth movement gets publicity. No one really loses.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:20:12 PM by Baby Thork »

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2018, 07:21:43 PM »
He converted to flat earth, there's no evidence to say it was financial.