Offline Panzerfaust

• So You Think
    • View Profile
Re: Rotations of the stars?
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »
The difference is that everybody can repeat the experiment - take your own sun pictures - but only NASA can 'take pictures' of the 'round Earth'..

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2016, 05:54:11 PM »
The difference is that everybody can repeat the experiment - take your own sun pictures - but only NASA can 'take pictures' of the 'round Earth'..

Actually, you are free to build and launch your own satellite. This is a rewarding experience on many levels.

Offline Panzerfaust

• So You Think
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2016, 05:57:23 PM »

Actually, you are free to build and launch your own satellite. This is a rewarding experience on many levels.

Thank you Sir!

But I doubt that I'll have any success, since NASA failed 100% of their attempts. Do you have a better plan?

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »

Thank you Sir!

But I doubt that I'll have any success, since NASA failed 100% of their attempts. Do you have a better plan?

If you are not willing to put in the effort to see for yourself, what makes you think you deserve the info?

Also, NASA and many others have succeeded in putting satellites into orbit.

Offline Panzerfaust

• So You Think
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2016, 06:10:06 PM »

Thank you Sir!

If you are not willing to put in the effort to see for yourself, what makes you think you deserve the info?

Sir 'Sputnik',

The 'Space Dog' Laika died in the attempt to make it into 'space'. That was the first proof that space is a 'no go' place. Thanks for reminding me with your name.

RIP Laika

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »

Thank you Sir!

Sir 'Sputnik',

The 'Space Dog' Laika died in the attempt to make it into 'space'. That was the first proof that space is a 'no go' place. Thanks for reminding me with your name.

RIP Laika

People have died in cars as well. Your "argument" isnt even close to valid.

Offline Panzerfaust

• So You Think
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »

Thank you Sir!

Sir 'Sputnik',

RIP Laika

So driving to kmart is = going to space?   ::)

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2016, 07:46:40 PM »

Thank you Sir!

Sir 'Sputnik',

RIP Laika

So driving to kmart is = going to space?   ::)

Is that the conclusion you really come to? You cant draw any other inferences at all? You actually need this explained to you?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »
Please get it on point/topic, everyone.

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »

I would love to! But it looks like we are going to need some remedial reading comprehension classes first.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2016, 08:18:15 PM »

I would love to! But it looks like we are going to need some remedial reading comprehension classes first.

Please refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2016, 09:39:02 PM »

Please refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

I'm sure you mean low quality. As you can see, your post has less content than mine did.

Hello, please consider this your final warning. You are free to post your nonsense in either the Complete Nonsense or Angry Ranting fora. It is not welcome here, regardless of how witty you think you are.

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »

How is this change in direction explained in Round Earth Theory?

That pattern can be observed when you are far enough North  ( or South ) to see the sun following the horizon,    it was a solagraph taken with a pinhole camera pointed south.  And, as Enlightenmental noted  the film is curved    So it would be a very wide FOV.   

More detail can be found here ...  http://paulinewoolleyartist.blogspot.com.au/search/label/PIN%20HOLE%20PHOTOGRAPHY

So you admit that the sun changes direction in the sky mid day in your model?

Here's another one:

I know what you mean, but, no the sun doesn't reverse direction,  but it rises and falls in an arc,  the lowest point of the arc being close to midnight,  the highest point being midday.   Those solar graphs are made with a pinhole camera that has a very wide field of view,  that might be confusing the issue.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:07:07 PM by Rayzor »

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2018, 10:23:50 PM »
Brothers and sisters,

I think we're all missing the point. The movement of the stars and how they differ "hemispherically" is indeed intriguing. The movement of the sun and the moon and the various seasons are also intriguing. The spherical Earth theory can be debunked out of hand. It's utterly ridiculous. You can CLEARLY see that the Earth is flat. You can CLEARLY see (if you do the proper research) that we've never been to the moon or space.. and there are NO satellites or a space station. That is all man-made illusion. So it's not about whether the Earth is flat or not. Anyone still indoctrinated will say (and provide ridiculous proof of) it being a round ball hurtling through "space". Those of us that have done our research and have questioned know that it's flat. The problem here is not the Earth itself... it's the behavior of the luminaries. THAT'S what doesn't make sense to mankind. Perhaps it never will. But that is the territory we should explore. Not the shape of the Earth.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:26:08 PM by phenomblaze »

Offline Teut

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2018, 02:30:32 AM »
People do still use celestial navigation - I have a friend who is currently sailing from LA to NZ using celestial navigation only. It's still part of the curriculum for the yachtmaster exam, precisely because a: it works, and b: it doesn't require electricity.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2018, 01:45:02 AM »

Yes it is. During the first gulf war gps was turned off so many times that a sailor couldn't use it.
Had to go old school.

On a sail boat in the ocean off the coast of Mexico I could see the southern cross  but it was very low.
Not like as if you were in Australia where it is right over your head.

If the earth is flat then those stars have to be very low.
If it was a ball then those stars would be far far away as science claims.
So point being made by me is mute.

The point I would like to bring up is that we are the center of the universe.
The north star proves it by never moving.
All other stars circle the north star, all of them.
So the north star is the center of the universe and we are inline perfect with it.
I don't think this is coincidental.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2018, 05:54:20 AM »
I have no idea how you made that logical leap.
Care to elaborate?
It does move slightly, by the way...

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/north-star-movement
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2018, 05:26:59 PM »
I have no idea how you made that logical leap.
Care to elaborate?
It does move slightly, by the way...

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/north-star-movement
\
Sure thing. Have you heard the phrase "Do you think the world revolves around you?"
The world isn't revolving around anything.
Everything is revolving around the world.
Proof is that the earth and north star stay aligned.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2018, 04:03:10 AM »
Proof is that the earth and north star stay aligned.
1) That isn't proof. A distant star positioned "above" the north pole of a globe would not appear to move either
2) I literally just posted a link showing the north star's position does wobble slightly, just not enough to be a problem for navigation.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"