i got a question on flat earth
« on: December 10, 2018, 01:44:51 AM »
if the earth was truely flat why is the sun round and the moon round? and why is any other planet through a telescope is round you can actually see them move if they were flat you would see the flat side of a planet

Curiosity File

Re: i got a question on flat earth
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:56:38 AM »
I believe everybody concedes to all other celestial bodies not being flat. A better question would be, "why is and/or what made this planet different?"
I believe there are many threads investigating/and debating whether its flat or not, and if so how did it happen.

LoveScience

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:35:19 AM »
Yes a common answer seems to be along the lines of 'just because it is'.  I have also read references to the Earth being the only planet (that we know of) which harbours life so why shouldn't it be the only planet that is flat as well.

Take that as you will but when placed against the overwhelming evidence that the Earth is not flat I find that a less than persuasive argument.  As I alluded to elsewhere, the membership list (as contained under 'Members' is not exactly huge considering how long the FES has existed so that kind of infers something as well!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:54:46 AM by LoveScience »

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 08:29:56 AM »
I also have a question on this. What happens when you reach the edge?? And how do we not realize that we are traveling in a loop rahree then in a straight line??