Just some thoughts from a FYEC lol
« on: September 17, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
Just some thoughts from a flat young earth creationist. lol

I hold to the ancient Hebrew view of the universe, which I’m kind of surprised I couldn’t find here on this site in the library.

I believe in 'flat earth' because I trust what I can actually see with my eyes, history, and the authority of the Bible. Until I see the ball earth with my own eyes and/or from non-government funded sources I will not believe it.

Here are some things I've pulled together... (warning: I accept the Book of Enoch as it was significant to the Hebrews up until 1600 years ago when the Romans decided to make some changes…)

The Bible never mentions "planets". It mentions sun, moon, stars and wandering stars. The greek for "wandering" is πλανήτης, or planētēs. The word we get "planets" from. HELPS Word-studies tells us that planētēs is properly defined as “a planet”, but figuratively defined as “a false teacher, operating without moral compass, and exploding other aimless people. ie: prompting them to also stray from God's sound doctrine.”

In Enoch we learn of the Watchers, the fallen angels that come down and took wives from the children of men. Their children were the giants; heroes of old, men of renown, who cause havoc on the earth. The Watchers taught men how to beautify themselves, create weapons of war, sorcery, astrology, wicked smiting of spirits and demons, abortion, and the science of the constellation / clouds / sun / moon. If you don’t like Enoch, we also read something similar in the watchers in the Jubilees given to Moses.  Does that not sound an awful lot like the ‘gods’ the Roman ’planets’ are named after? I don’t think it’s a stretch that these “planets” / “wandering stars” are linked to the Watchers, and that the Egyptian / Greek / Roman gods were created as different ways of worshiping the Watchers / their offspring.

God’s name is YHWH (יהוה). The “H” (ה) essential meaning “being” or His “essence” … I am who I am.  When God renamed Abram (אברם) and Sarai (שָׂרָי), He added the H to their names; His essence. Abraham (אַבְרָהָם) and Sarah (שרה). The Hebrew word Nasha (נָשָׁא) means “to beguile, deceive.” or “To lead astray, mentally to delude, or morally to seduce — beguile, deceive.) I think this is where it started. God's essence wouldn't be in this word to begin with, but in English they took it a step further. Remove the H, and you have NASA. Just a theory, and not a significant one at that. I just thought it was interesting. People defend the NASA controversy by saying the word is “נסא”, but you’ll see that I am using a different word (נָשָׁא). Funny how both the word for wandering and the word nasha mean to deceive. I don’t think it’s far fetched.