Ancient Aliens
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:33:18 AM »
First time poster, long time reader.

I was wondering, what is the general view of Ancient Aliens on this forum?

Ghost of V

Re: Ancient Aliens
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 06:46:24 AM »
Are you talking about the show? Or just the theory in general? Either way, it's mostly accurate.

Thork

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:36:36 AM »
Aliens are about as likely as leprechauns.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:43:06 AM »
It would seem that the general view is conflicted just as in most any population you sample.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:53:33 PM »
Aliens are about as likely as leprechauns.
Incorrect. Given that there are no leprechauns on Earth, any leprechauns that exist (if they do), would have to be aliens. However, it is significantly more likely that any aliens out there, should they exist, would not be leprechauns. In other words, non-leprechaun aliens are more likely than leprechauns.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 01:07:08 PM »
Given that there are no leprechauns on Earth

What are you trying to say?
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 01:51:10 PM »
Are you talking about the show? Or just the theory in general? Either way, it's mostly accurate.
The theory, though I've seen the show before, too. It makes complete sense to me to think of ourselves as a mold of something outside of this earth, considering how advanced we are compared to other species -- not saying that other species are not intelligent either. In short, we're hybrids!

I'm wondering how this fits in with FET though? Ancient civilizations thought the world was flat, so did aliens come here and tell them that? Obviously, to the naked eye, the Earth looks flat from our perspective. Or maybe the Aether was somehow involved and is the "alien."

Sorry if this is in wrong thread. I'm just curious if someone has a theory about them and if it ties into the general FET somehow.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »
Ancient aliens is a terrible scam created by a known con artist.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 02:20:40 PM »
Wrong. Who is this known con artist?

If you make a claim like that then you need to be able to back it up with a name and source, otherwise the only thing you're contributing to this thread is post count.

I'm only asking about ancient alien theorist because it seems most of then are roundies, but it's perfectly plausible with a flat earth.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 02:29:03 PM »

How are you so sure that Rooster is wrong if you don't even know who the con artist is that she's referring to?

Thork

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 02:30:58 PM »
I cannot see why, should aliens exist, what their motives of remaining hidden would be?

It'd be far easier to turn us all into slaves or replace us entirely with alien tech robots and strip the earth of commodities. But if they can get to earth, they can get anywhere and aren't likely to need commodities. In other words by the time an alien race has the tech to get here, there isn't anything of interest to them when they arrive. We think we are fascinating. An alien race that could traverse the galaxy would likely find us incredibly dull. Especially Americans.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »

How are you so sure that Rooster is wrong if you don't even know who the con artist is that she's referring to?
Because it would take more than one "known" con artist to pull off a scam like that. It would take hundreds even. There is plenty of data out there to support ancient aliens, and it spans across several cultures, not just one. Maybe I'm the wrong who is wrong but why would she say that without backing herself up in the same post?

But I digress, my original post is for Flat-earthers who believe in ancient aliens, or of you don't, data for why not. That is what I'm concerned about.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:39:38 PM by rigilkent »

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 02:38:22 PM »
I cannot see why, should aliens exist, what their motives of remaining hidden would be?

It'd be far easier to turn us all into slaves or replace us entirely with alien tech robots and strip the earth of commodities. But if they can get to earth, they can get anywhere and aren't likely to need commodities. In other words by the time an alien race has the tech to get here, there isn't anything of interest to them when they arrive. We think we are fascinating. An alien race that could traverse the galaxy would likely find us incredibly dull. Especially Americans.
I don't think they are hidden. We are them, and the truth to our origin was lost over time. As to why we don't see their "machines," the Aether explains this.

Thork

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »
Our DNA is very similar to most other mammals on earth. We don't seem very alien at all.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »

If you make a claim like that then you need to be able to back it up with a name and source, otherwise the only thing you're contributing to this thread is post count.

I'm only asking about ancient alien theorist because it seems most of then are roundies, but it's perfectly plausible with a flat earth.
Erich von Däniken. He made this fringe bullshit more mainstream with his string of books. His first book, Chariots of the Gods? was even heavily rewritten by a Nazi German screenwriter before it was ever published. Däniken is absolutely a con artist. He was a thief as early as 19 and has been embezzling and conning in different enterprises ever since.

There is a myriad of information debunking every single one of his claims. I can help start you down the right path if you give me an example or instance that you're particularly interested in.

Thork

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 03:02:33 PM »
I thought ancient aliens was made mainstream by fantasy author and con artist L.Ron Hubbard?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »
I thought ancient aliens was made mainstream by fantasy author and con artist L.Ron Hubbard?
I'm not really aware of any of Hubbard's theories or the kind of evidence he draws on. The show Ancient Aliens on the History channel is based on Däniken's books. And before that awful tv show no one was really talking about this.

It's possible that Däniken was influenced by Hubbard. Chariots of the Gods? was published in 68.

Thork

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 03:12:48 PM »
L. Ron Hubbard is the guy that founded Scientology.

There is some ancient alien nonsense of his linked below.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
I know who Hubbard is - I just don't know how much of Scientology is about aliens building pyramids or Pumapunku which is what "Ancient Aliens" refers to.

I guess Hubbard's line of thinking is more that we are aliens. I don't know, his shit is so out there.

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 03:43:23 PM »
What about all the smooth stones that are almost perfectly flat at Pumapunka and the pyramids? How did they get them so smooth without using modern technology. Today's technology has a hard time making some of the things from ancient times. How did ancient civilizations make it?