Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #700 on: February 15, 2017, 09:52:04 PM »
True. Considering that timescale, it could be possible her firing was already in motion and her dissent was merely a perfect opportunity to fulfill that plan.
Agreed.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 15, 2017, 10:03:30 PM »
Side note: We've been duped. The Flynn tweet that Trekky linked and another tweet from the same thread that I linked were both made by a parody account which has now revealed itself as one. In retrospect, shit was obvious and we really should have noticed sooner, but hindsight is 20/20

F A K E   N E W S
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #702 on: February 15, 2017, 10:17:16 PM »
Side note: We've been duped. The Flynn tweet that Trekky linked and another tweet from the same thread that I linked were both made by a parody account which has now revealed itself as one. In retrospect, shit was obvious and we really should have noticed sooner, but hindsight is 20/20

F A K E   N E W S

This might be the first time I've heard the words "fake news" used correctly since the election... thank you.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 15, 2017, 10:18:31 PM »

F A K E   N E W S

Huh...
How do we KNOW it's fake?
I mean, it says it's fake but even Donald Trump's "official" twitter account could just write "fake" on itself.

Fake Fake is Fake.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 16, 2017, 12:20:08 AM »
>mfw I already pointed this out:

Also, the media is reporting that the Twitter account is fake.

As for Sally Yates, she was going to be replaced when Sessions was confirmed as the new AG, so it's highly unlikely that there was any plan to fire her prior to her taking a stand against the travel ban.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #705 on: February 16, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »
it only took a month for trump to become a parody of himself

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 16, 2017, 04:12:44 PM »
Donald wants it both ways.  He wants it to be fake news AND Real Leaks.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #707 on: February 16, 2017, 04:45:07 PM »
Donald wants it both ways.  He wants it to be fake news AND Real Leaks.

i can't get over the irony that he was basically elected on leaked information stolen from the dnc.  good thing that nfo got out tho because otherwise we'd never have uncovered that hillary was a well-connected politician.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #708 on: February 16, 2017, 05:02:23 PM »
Does anyone think it is acceptable for an unelected and unimpeachable government body to actively undermine and engage in espionage against our elected officials for political reasons?

If anyone thinks that the CIA doesn't like Trump because he is a "bad guy" obviously doesn't have a clue what the CIA actually is or does. This is a power struggle, plain and simple, between the Deep State and our Democratically Elected President.

Either Trump will have to strike a deal with them to get them to stop their smear campaign or we may eventually get a reminder what happens when a President doesn't play ball with the powers that be. 

« Reply #709 on: February 16, 2017, 05:13:47 PM »
Does anyone think it is acceptable for an unelected and unimpeachable government body to actively undermine and engage in espionage against our elected officials for political reasons?

I'm confused. Is making them an elected body supposed to make them LESS political?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 16, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »
Hold on, are you talking about the President Appointed head of the CIA, it's hired and fireable members, and the fact that it was monitoring a foreign diplomat and not our elected officials, who aren't even elected officials.  No one implicated in this is an elected official.  Every single one of them either worked on Trump's campaign or was APPOINTED.

If anyone thinks that the CIA doesn't like Trump because he is a "bad guy" obviously doesn't have a clue what the CIA actually is or does. This is a power struggle, plain and simple, between the Deep State and our Democratically Elected President.
You do know they haven't said Trump did anything wrong, right?  Hell, they haven't said any of his appointed staff did anything wrong after January 20th.  So again, how can they have a power struggle?

Either Trump will have to strike a deal with them to get them to stop their smear campaign or we may eventually get a reminder what happens when a President doesn't play ball with the powers that be.
You realize this is literally the FBI E-mail server scandal all over again, right?  Where an investigative body of the government is investigating a political figure and making their lives difficult?
Trump was very happy when the FBI sent that memo that they'll reopen the investigation.  Why can't he be happy now?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 16, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »
Trump called a press conference.
Spent the time complaining about the press, the media, Democrats sad that they lost, and fake news.
Does this man have anything better to do than bitch?  He is literally the bitchiest president we have ever had and still people follow him, treating him like some god given savior of America.
(Yes, I've seen facebook comments that say just that.)

« Reply #712 on: February 16, 2017, 11:33:32 PM »
Trump called a press conference.
Spent the time complaining about the press, the media, Democrats sad that they lost, and fake news.
Does this man have anything better to do than bitch?  He is literally the bitchiest president we have ever had and still people follow him, treating him like some god given savior of America.
(Yes, I've seen facebook comments that say just that.)

The neverending cringe-fest of doom. On the plus side, the longer he keeps this up, the more of his supporters he will drag down with him when he inevitably sinks.

Rama Set

« Reply #713 on: February 16, 2017, 11:35:17 PM »
What if he doesn't sink?

« Reply #714 on: February 16, 2017, 11:37:35 PM »
What if he doesn't sink?

Then I weep for the state of America in 4 years.

Edit: Who knows. Maybe all this Russia business is smoke without substance. Maybe he will learn to stop insulting other world leaders for stupid reasons. Maybe he will start making sane policy decisions based on intelligent analysis and verifiable data rather than InfoWar's latest conspiracy theory or that morning's cable news opinion pieces. Maybe he will make the effort to understand our various trade and security agreements with other nations and refrain from making rash decisions based on uninformed campaign talking points. Maybe he won't undermine the constitutional integrity of our nation by ignoring judicial authority. Maybe, maybe, maybe.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:52:41 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 17, 2017, 01:46:14 AM »
My favorite part of the press conference:

QUESTION: I just want to get you to clarify this very important point. Can you say definitively that nobody on your campaign had any contacts with the Russians during the campaign? And on the leaks, is it fake news or are these real leaks?

TRUMP: Well the leaks are real. You’re the one that wrote about them and reported them, I mean the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake.

Okay.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #716 on: February 17, 2017, 02:43:22 AM »
lock him up

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 17, 2017, 03:34:17 AM »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #718 on: February 17, 2017, 03:36:18 AM »
Best moments:

1. Passing the buck off to some rando who probably doesn't exist for telling Trump lies about his electoral college win, something easily Googled.

2. Asking a black reporter to set up a meeting for him with the Congressional Black Caucus.

3. Trump doesn't discuss military responses. Because super top secretsies. Or something.

4. Bringing up Hillary Clinton again, like he's still on the campaign.

5. Real leaks, Fake news.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 17, 2017, 05:48:45 AM »
I think, based on his usage, "fake news" means "News that paints me in a negative light".