Offline Binder

• View Profile
Gravity,Weight and Altitude?
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:26:14 AM »
So supposedly the father you are from the mass of the earth the less you will weigh. Has anyone tried this? I live in a city with a top floor at 579 feet. I wonder if I were to measure 10 grams of something at the bottom and then at the top could I see a difference? I think I can get a scale that maxes out to 20 grams and reads in .001 gram increments.

Anyone have an idea if 579 feet would work?

Thork

Re: Gravity,Weight and Altitude?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:30:07 AM »
579 feet from what? The surface of earth that is an arbitrary height above sea level?

There will be too much rounding for you to work this out over such a small distance. You need the mass of the earth, your mass and the distance from the centre of the earth. You won't get accurate enough numbers on those to spot a difference in the real world. Also, NASA like to muddy the water by telling you gravity isn't uniform around the world anyway. Nice theory, no practical way to test it.

Offline Binder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:52:58 AM »
Well, no....

In my city I have a high building. 579 feet from bottom to the top floor. If I weigh 10 grams on the bottom and weigh the same 10 grams on the top, it should weigh less than it did on the bottom.

Universal Acceleration says it should weigh the same. The top floor is accelerating at the same rate the bottom floor is.

Gravity says the mass of the earth and the mass of the 10 grams effect each other less the farther away they are.

So we could prove or disprove UA or Gravity. No?

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 09:50:30 AM »
You can use an atomic clock to verify that the theory of general relativity predics the correct change in time. Use an atomic clock and place it on the ground floor of a high building, and anotherone on top of the building. You will see the clock at the top of the building goes faster than the clock on ground floor.

You can use any building anywhere on the world to do this test.

Just using a weight or a scale might not work as the change in gravity is very small at small altitude differences. Even on an airplane it might be difficult, although impossible.

Suggestion: Take a flight from Sydney to Buenos Aires instead to fly over the 'wall' at the edge of the world...

Thork

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »
Well, no....

In my city I have a high building. 579 feet from bottom to the top floor. If I weigh 10 grams on the bottom and weigh the same 10 grams on the top, it should weigh less than it did on the bottom.

Universal Acceleration says it should weigh the same. The top floor is accelerating at the same rate the bottom floor is.

Gravity says the mass of the earth and the mass of the 10 grams effect each other less the farther away they are.

So we could prove or disprove UA or Gravity. No?
You asked if you could practically measure it. My answer is no. We all understand the theory. You asked 'can I measure it? I'm saying there is no way because at 579 feet you won't be able to detect the supposed minute distance even if it did exist.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 10:49:26 PM »
I moved from a city near the ocean of approximately 100 meters above sea level to one in the mountains that is over 1000 meters above sea level.  I did not detect any change in my weight over this great distance.   

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 02:10:48 AM »
Do you notice the change in your weight when you eat a sandwich?  Odds are that eating a sandwich will affect your weight more than 1000 meters of altitude.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 07:14:12 AM »
579 feet from what? The surface of earth that is an arbitrary height above sea level?

There will be too much rounding for you to work this out over such a small distance. You need the mass of the earth, your mass and the distance from the centre of the earth. You won't get accurate enough numbers on those to spot a difference in the real world. Also, NASA like to muddy the water by telling you gravity isn't uniform around the world anyway. Nice theory, no practical way to test it.

NASA doesn't have to tell you anything (also, when did they say this? And why does it have to be NASA? lol), you can verify this for yourself. Gravitational force detectors are a very real thing.

Isn't that what FEF is all about? Verifying things yourself instead of relying on helpful information from people smarter than you?

Also, sea level doesn't matter. You simply have to measure the gravitational force at 2 heights relative to each other.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 10:57:35 PM »
Also, NASA like to muddy the water by telling you gravity isn't uniform around the world anyway. Nice theory, no practical way to test it.
Of course there is:  http://gnomeexperiment.com/

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Offline dave

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 05:49:31 AM »
there is no gravity...our weight keeps us stuck to the earth.

Offline Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 01:55:10 AM »

Hm I wonder what causes weight...

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 02:13:52 AM »

Denpressure.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 07:21:56 AM »

Hm, I wonder if you can make a complete post.

Denpressure.

Thank you for not shitting up  the thread, but you are shitting up the thread. 

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »

Denpressure.

Thank you for not shitting up  the thread, but you are shitting up the thread.
Are you saying that denpressure is not a legitimate FE theory proposed by an esteemed FE'er? ???

Offline Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »
Hm, I wonder if you can make a complete post.

Asking questions related to the thread topic in an attempt to spark scientific discussion is not complete?

Ok.

Offline Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 02:54:04 AM »

The object's mass.

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 06:35:24 AM »

The object's mass.

Well,  seeing it's a flat earth Q&A,  and Gravity doesn't exist here,  the answer has to be the Earth is accelerating upwards at 1g,   or is on the end of a cosmic string rotating to give a centripetal force of 1g,

But to answer the original question a height of  1 km  would be  a reduction in weight of 0.03%  if you weighed 80 kg,  you would be 23 grams lighter at a height of 1 km.   Under UA,  you would be the same weight.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:41:02 AM by Rayzor »

Thork

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 01:51:33 PM »

The object's mass.

Well,  seeing it's a flat earth Q&A,  and Gravity doesn't exist here,  the answer has to be the Earth is accelerating upwards at 1g,   or is on the end of a cosmic string rotating to give a centripetal force of 1g,

But to answer the original question a height of  1 km  would be  a reduction in weight of 0.03%  if you weighed 80 kg,  you would be 23 grams lighter at a height of 1 km.   Under UA,  you would be the same weight.

The op wasn't talking about 1km. The OP asked could they test for themselves at 579 feet. The answer is still no. 579 feet is one sixth of a km. And Gravity is supposed to be inversely proportional to the squared distance. So you'd be lucky to see a 2 gram change. You'd lose more than that in sweat getting up there.

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 01:52:45 PM »
There are causes for a downwards force other than UA. In many FE models UA is considered outdated.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 07:04:47 AM »
Yes you will weigh less if you go very high, especially on the right day with the right conditions.

If you go under water you will [appear] to have more weight the farther down you go. This is simply because you have more weight above you weighing you down.

With the billions of particles in the air: vapor, oxygen, other gasses, dust particles, etcetera, as well as the clouds weighing thousands of tons, all of these things weigh down upon us (remember to a scientists there's no difference between liquid and gas). Just like in the water, the higher we go the less there is weighing down on us. We appear to weigh less. But in reality our weight hasn't changed, it's the particle density. And particle density is also reliant upon atmospheric conditions - humidity and heat. Talk to any seasoned pilot and he will tell you about particle density.

Because gas and air is the same, we are in water - though it is much less dense water. This is the Aether. When the Bible says that there is a separation between the waters and the waters above, it's possible that it's speaking about the different densities between water and gasses—ans we move within the upper waters. The more accepted theory, which may be true, is that the waters above is speaking about the waters above the firmament, which came down during the deluge. Either or both could be true. It's quite apparent that according to the Bible there is literal H2O water above, because otherwise how would it add to the amount of H2O that physically covered the earth? One day we will know.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:57:39 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”