Offline SupaGama

• Not sure if flat or round earther
    • View Profile
What makes the Earth so special?
« on: December 20, 2017, 02:07:35 PM »
So the Earth is flat. But almost every other natural celestial body is spherical. What makes the Earth the only unique one?
Official Leader of the Anti-Normie Society, Supa

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
Re: What makes the Earth so special?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 04:06:28 PM »
So the Earth is flat. But almost every other natural celestial body is spherical. What makes the Earth the only unique one?

FE flippant answer: Why shouldn't it be unique? Read Earth is Not a Globe.

Welcome to our world!
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 04:10:44 PM »

So the earth has life on it. But almost[sic] every other natural celestial body has none. What makes the Earth the only unique one?

Earth is special. The centre of the universe, the focus of the heavens and the spawning ground for intelligent life. Why are you under the impression earth isn't special? One could infer flatness is a prerequisite for life. It has not been possible on any balls we observe.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 04:13:12 PM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 04:47:28 PM »

So the earth has life on it. But almost[sic] every other natural celestial body has none. What makes the Earth the only unique one?

Earth is special. The centre of the universe, the focus of the heavens and the spawning ground for intelligent life. Why are you under the impression earth isn't special? One could infer flatness is a prerequisite for life. It has not been possible on any balls we observe.

We are only on Earth because it is at a range where water exists in a liquid state. Center of the universe? We aren't even the center of our solar system (or galaxy). Here is the problem, Earth is only special because we are here. If here was Venus, we would claim Venus was special. Life is absolutely possible in the Martian soil or the oceans of Europa. Maybe not as complex as life on Earth, but still possible. We are finding exoplanets all the time. Some are within what we would consider the habitable zone. Life is probably ubiquitous throughout the universe. The recent video from the US Navy of an encounter with a maneuvering craft with no know power source or control surfaces is pretty compelling, if not completely conclusive, that we are possibly being visited.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 04:49:07 PM »
Thank you for the sci-fi version.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 04:56:41 PM »
Thank you for the sci-fi version.

Says the guy who thinks the Earth is flat...

There is nothing Sci-fi about life existing on other planets/exoplanets. Aliens visiting us? That is admittedly sci-fi as the logistics are pretty daunting. (even travel at the speed of light isn't really fast enough)
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 05:07:34 PM »

Welcome to our world!

Yeah, I will give you one more warning to refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Next is a 3-day ban.

If you aren't going to add anything to the thread, then refrain from posting.

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »

Welcome to our world!

Yeah, I will give you one more warning to refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Next is a 3-day ban.

If you aren't going to add anything to the thread, then refrain from posting.

Actually, that was not low content. It was pro-bono clerical assistance. You can ban me if you please, but it will not be seen well. I will, however, apologize for calling your responses flippant when in reality you must get worn out from the continually repetitive questions. I would think you would count your blessings and thank the heavens every day that nice folks like me give your answers for you. I will do so in a more gracious way in the future.

To reiterate, your issue is not with any lack of content in my post, but in my lack of tact. Let's be clear, and I will take the reproach duly.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:45:02 PM by Tom Haws »
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »
To reiterate, your issue is not with any lack of content in my post, but in my lack of tact. Let's be clear, and I will take the reproach duly.

No, I assure you it is a lack of content. I'd suggest you get back on topic. If you want to complain about moderation, take it to the appropriate forum.

Offline Scroogie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 06:34:15 AM »

The only real answer to this question is that the bible says it is so. Fundamentalists who read their bibles literally must have a flat earth as it is a necessary piece of their belief.  I don't know how to state it more succinctly.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 07:06:28 AM »
The only real answer to this question is that the bible says it is so. Fundamentalists who read their bibles literally must have a flat earth as it is a necessary piece of their belief.  I don't know how to state it more succinctly.

Rubbish.  This is simply not true.  I don't know how to state THAT more succinctly. 

That story was invented by people trying to discredit religious people.  Please read the long version, it's illuminating.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 09:36:58 PM »
You can ban me if you please, but it will not be seen well.
Oh no, the RE peanut gallery might think less of Junker.

Oh no.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume