Offline theEdgyOne

• sounds good in practice but what about in theory
    • View Profile
Explaining creation
« on: April 16, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »
I was recently arguing with a very stubborn roundy, and even after I disproved all of his points, and presented new ones that he simply couldn't explain, he still had me beet on one point...

How was the earth created if it's flat?

I couldn't think of a rational answer to this question and would like help so this question doesn't blind side me in the future.

this is especially important as the roundies do have an explanation for this, while it does include their delusional theory of gravity their is no other way I can disprove it, so any help on that would also be appreciated.
the truth

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Explaining creation
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 05:21:25 PM »
If you believe in creation in the sense of a creator then I’d suggest He could create the universe and the earth pretty much however He liked.

He happens to have created earth round and the physical laws and forces which exist in the universe explain why. But had He created a different universe with different laws then why not create a flat earth? In fact I’d suggest a flat earth strongly implies a creator - more than a round earth which science increasingly tells us is just another planet going round just another star in just another galaxy.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline theEdgyOne

• sounds good in practice but what about in theory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 05:56:58 PM »
while i do appreciate the explanation as I am christian, some are not. I know that religion can sometimes be explained through science so if anyone could help me with an explanation that would be excepted by even the most blasphemous that would be very appreciated.
the truth

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 10:52:10 PM »
while i do appreciate the explanation as I am christian, some are not. I know that religion can sometimes be explained through science so if anyone could help me with an explanation that would be excepted by even the most blasphemous that would be very appreciated.

First off don't discount the biblical aspect of it
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=14436.msg189981#msg189981

Second off

There are flat earth models which have gravity and the earth is the center of the universe. If a bulk of the mass of the universe was spinning around the earth maybe the gravity stretched it into a flat plane.

There are flat earth models in which the earth is infinite. Because of the big Bang the flat plane of the earth is ever expanding in all directions.

Here's another answer:

https://www.facebook.com/FlatEarthToday/posts/asking-why-is-earth-the-only-flat-planet-betrays-a-logical-fallacy-karl-popper-r/1572472576164956/
Asking why is earth the only flat planet betrays a logical fallacy. Karl Popper relates it like this; you may spend your whole life seeing only grey geese. This would lead you to assume there were only grey geese. Of course the next day you might wake up and see a white goose. Earth, in this analogy, is the white goose.

Just because we only see round planets does not make ours round.

Here's another answer

https://www.newsweek.com/we-asked-two-flat-earthers-what-about-other-planets-728959

-other planets only appear spherical but are really flat disks
-other planets are just lights in the sky
-the shape of other planets does not matter. We still don't live on a sphere

https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions#If_the_planets_are_round.2C_why_isn.27t_the_Earth.3F

-other planets are round because they are planets. The Earth is not a planet
-The earth is an infinite plane therefore can never be pulled into a sphere

Offline Jeppspace

• 0 + 0 = 0
    • View Profile
    • YllwChlk
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 11:39:31 PM »
How was the earth created if it's flat?

That depends on the cosmological context of a Flat Earth.

If the Earth were the center of the universe, it wouldn't really matter how, purely that it were the divine work of God.

If the Earth were one world amongst trillions of others, I presume you mean to ask:

"What astronomical mechanism did God engineer to allow Flat Earths, or planes in general, to form of their own cosmologically bound laws?"

Now that, may be unanswerable.

Yet to entertain the notion, of course we could hypothesize as to variable laws of gravity, or of quantum mechanics, or indeed of necessary spacial environments for life and so forth.

Things like that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:55:00 PM by Jeppspace »
Anyone who would pay Richard Branson hundreds of thousands of dollars for the visual confirmation that we are all doomed to the unforgiving abyss of space, definitely deserves to know that.

: Infinite ¥ : Szion = : Plane