Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #740 on: October 07, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »
Alex, I suspect the answer to that is generally, No. I think they were tolerant of me because they might have realised that I would shut up. They happened to be right. Plus, they realised they could shut me up if I stepped out of line even slightly. I chose not to. I wouldn't try it, if I were you.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 07, 2014, 06:27:26 PM »
We're allowed to completely circumvent our bans with alts?

No.

Did you and the other censors arrange a special agreement for Yonah/Yaakov, then?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 07, 2014, 06:31:02 PM »
We're allowed to completely circumvent our bans with alts?

No.

Did you and the other censors arrange a special agreement for Yonah/Yaakov, then?

He didn't circumvent a ban.

Ghost of V

« Reply #743 on: October 07, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »
Ok, there's a conspiracy going on then.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #744 on: October 07, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »
Of course there is, Dodo. The world is flat! There are evil people who want to make us believe it is round! Haven't you heard that yet? *GRIN*

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 07, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »

Yaakov was banned again on Oct. 4th. He registered as Yonah the same day and continued posting.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 07, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »

Yaakov was banned again on Oct. 4th. He registered as Yonah the same day and continued posting.

Indeed, as there was no ban imposed on Yonah. What did he circumvent, exactly?

Ghost of V

« Reply #747 on: October 07, 2014, 06:36:44 PM »
Yaakov was banned. Whoever is in control of Yaakov created Yonah to circumvent the ban on his original account. Are you trying to say that Yaakov and Yonah are not the same person??  ???

The plot thickens.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 07, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »

I thought the purpose of a ban was to keep a particular person from posting for a certain amount of time, not a particular account.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 07, 2014, 06:39:22 PM »

I thought the purpose of a ban was to keep a particular person from posting for a certain amount of time, not a particular account.

Not this ban.

Ghost of V

« Reply #750 on: October 07, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
In short, Yaakov makes up 75% of the this entire forum's discussions. If he was banned this whole place would cease to function. You guys made the right choice.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 07, 2014, 07:04:05 PM »
Yaakov, why do you think theists gets so offended when people offend their religion, when literally no one gives a crap when theists offends atheism?
The Mastery.

« Reply #752 on: October 07, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
Because there's about 1 atheist (not non-religious) to every 10 theists in pretty much every country around the world.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 07, 2014, 07:07:49 PM »
Because there's about 1 atheist (not non-religious) to every 10 theists in pretty much every country around the world.

Um, no. A lot of European countries are 50%+ atheist.

« Reply #754 on: October 07, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »

Atheist or non-religious? Regardless, everyone knows America is the whole world, eurofag.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 07, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »

Atheist or non-religious? Regardless, everyone knows America is the whole world, eurofag.

Atheistic religions aren't particularly common in Europe, so I don't know why you're asking.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #756 on: October 07, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »
BEARDO, it really depends on where you live, and what kind of theist you are. If you live in say, Pakistan, and you're a Catholic, you'd better not get offended at anything, or you will rapidly be told to shut the fuck up and do what your told by the Muslim majority, and if you don't like it, you will go bye-bye real quick. If you live in Ireland, and you are a Jew, you won't go bye-bye, but if you make your objections known too loudly, you will experience considerable social pressure to conform by shutting the fuck up.

If you live in Estonia, which is one of the most atheist countries in the world, nobody really gives a flaming fuck who says what. And anybody who gets too nasty, irrespective of their beliefs or lack thereof tends to get laughed at. In this country (the US), most Americans are theistic. We also have the highest "church" attendance of any Western nation in the world. I put the word "church" in quotes because I mean churches, temples, synagogues, etc. 86% of our population claims to be Christian. 46% attends a house of worship of some sort 2 times a month or more. In an environment like that, being an atheist is not likely to be easy, except in certain environments, like college campuses, which are known for their liberalism. I think you get my point.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 07, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »

Atheistic religions aren't particularly common in Europe, so I don't know why you're asking.
Are you implying that if someone is non-religious, they have to be atheist?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #758 on: October 07, 2014, 11:12:19 PM »
It's an important distinction, I'm sure many people here identify as non-religious but not atheist. Sometimes they're still counted a Christian despite not practicing/believing.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 07, 2014, 11:24:50 PM »
Or would consider themselves deist or something.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.