Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #420 on: September 09, 2014, 02:07:37 PM »
Well, certainly of the Amalekites when they were identifiable as such. Now that they no longer ARE identifiable as such, the question is debatable. The origin of the "Palestinians" themselves is questionable. When I called them descendants of Amalek, I did so for the sake of argument. They themselves often try to say that they are indigenous to "Palestine". IF they were, that would make them Amalekites, yes.

My own personal belief, and what most scholars, Jewish and otherwise say, is that they are Arabs. That they arrived in Holy Land after the year 632 CE with the invading armies from Arabia and took up residence there. Which means that they shouldn't be "genocided" (to coin a new word) out of existence (which is rather brutal) but simply removed and put where they belong, with other Arabs. But if they insist on calling themselves "natives", then yes, treat them as Amalekites and deal with them accordingly.

« Reply #421 on: September 09, 2014, 02:26:44 PM »
I'd say that 1,400 years of living there gives them a strong claim to being natives.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #422 on: September 09, 2014, 02:49:13 PM »
And I'd say that 4500 years of living there gives the Jews a stronger claim.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 09, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »
The origin of the "Palestinians" themselves is questionable.
Even if that's true, it doesn't matter. No one cares how they got where they are. The problem here is that they exist, and you're not letting them live in peace in their homes.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #424 on: September 09, 2014, 04:30:26 PM »
Well, certainly of the Amalekites when they were identifiable as such. Now that they no longer ARE identifiable as such, the question is debatable. The origin of the "Palestinians" themselves is questionable. When I called them descendants of Amalek, I did so for the sake of argument. They themselves often try to say that they are indigenous to "Palestine". IF they were, that would make them Amalekites, yes.

My own personal belief, and what most scholars, Jewish and otherwise say, is that they are Arabs. That they arrived in Holy Land after the year 632 CE with the invading armies from Arabia and took up residence there. Which means that they shouldn't be "genocided" (to coin a new word) out of existence (which is rather brutal) but simply removed and put where they belong, with other Arabs. But if they insist on calling themselves "natives", then yes, treat them as Amalekites and deal with them accordingly.

You understand how deranged it is to approve of the genocide of any ethnic or religious group yes?

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 09, 2014, 05:05:17 PM »
Jews are literally nazis
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #426 on: September 09, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »
Man, you are as stupid as you look. He has us do that to punish them for being so wicked. Have you ever even READ the first six books of the Old Testament?

That's stupid. Why would an omnipotent being want us flawed creatures to painfully kill thousands of other humans? He can just snap them out of existence if He wanted. Your old testament is written by morons and followed by them too.

« Reply #427 on: September 09, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »
I suspect God

Wait. Didn't you used to type "g-d" because you were paranoid about God reading this forum and getting angry that you wrote his name.

Times have changed man. I remember when you used to fear God.

« Reply #428 on: September 09, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »
He thinks Israel is God, and they're busy wiping out the innocent Palestinians. So he doesn't need to worry.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 10, 2014, 02:13:39 AM »
But I submit to you that we live in the best of all possible worlds.
The optimist thinks that we live in the best of worlds.  The pessimist is afraid that it's true.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #430 on: September 10, 2014, 04:10:15 AM »
I've got about five minutes to reply to all of you. VERY busy day.

QUOTE: "Even if that's true, it doesn't matter. No one cares how they got where they are. The problem here is that they exist, and you're not letting them live in peace in their homes."

Population transfer, while not pleasant, has often been used to resolve diplomatic issues. The Sudeten Germans after WWII. Many Muslims in India, and Hindus in Pakistan in 1947 ring a bell right now.

QUOTE: "You understand how deranged it is to approve of the genocide of any ethnic or religious group yes?"

I'm inclined to agree, which is probably why the Amalekites are no longer identifiable, thus rendering the commandment null.

QUOTE: "Jews are literally nazis."

Godwin's Law. You lose.

QUOTE: "Wait. Didn't you used to type "g-d" because you were paranoid about God reading this forum and getting angry that you wrote his name. Times have changed man. I remember when you used to fear God."

Actually, no, I have never held to that radically Orthodox approach, although when quoting something, I have generally not changed it if that is how it is written. I would recommend reading a little closer.

QUOTE: "He thinks Israel is God, and they're busy wiping out the innocent Palestinians. So he doesn't need to worry."

That's just a stupid thing to say, but then, we've already determined that you ARE as stupid as you look.

QUOTE: "The optimist thinks that we live in the best of worlds.  The pessimist is afraid that it's true."

I am neither. I simply acknowledge the world as it is, without placing a value judgment on it. It is neither good nor bad that we live in the best of all possible worlds. It is what it is.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:48:24 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

« Reply #431 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:51 AM »
Godwin's law isn't a logical fallacy. That's like saying "Universal gravitational constant! You lose".

That's just a stupid thing to say, but then, we've already determined that you ARE as stupid as you look.

At least we agree that wiping out innocent Palestinians is very stupid.

Rama Set

« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2014, 05:15:21 AM »
Population transfer, while not pleasant, has often been used to resolve diplomatic issues. The Sudeten Germans after WWII. Many Muslims in India, and Hindus in Pakistan in 1947 ring a bell right now.

That seems to have worked out swimmingly for India and Pakistan.  No sectarian violence between those countires right?

QUOTE: "You understand how deranged it is to approve of the genocide of any ethnic or religious group yes?"

I'm inclined to agree, which is probably why the Amalekites are no longer identifiable, thus rendering the commandment null.

And yet, you would carry out the commandment if you identified and Amalekite.  You don't see a quandary here do you?

Ghost of V

« Reply #433 on: September 10, 2014, 06:07:33 AM »
Yaakov always says he has time restrictions but manages to post often. He must be on Jew time.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 10, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
It occurred to me a few nights ago as I played candy crush that the Jews seem to be behaving in a way to compensate for something.  Then his comment of .2% of the population clicked:
Jews are trying to compensate for a failing culture and religion.

Of the major religions in the world, jeudaism is second to last only by Ba'al.  The Jewish population, while not in decline, isn't even keeping up with population growth.  Statistics aren't easy to come by but their low populatiin tells me they have a very low conversion rate.

Based on this, I feel their religion is failing and they compensate by trying to seem more important than they are.

Also, if they were God's chosen people, God gave them a crappy piece of land.  North America or even France would have been much better.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 10, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »
Yeah, who wants to live in a desert anyway?
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
QUOTE:"Godwin's law isn't a logical fallacy. That's like saying "Universal gravitational constant! You lose".

Not quite. But it is widely recognised as a law that you cannot easily break without losing an argument. So, again, Godwin's Law. You lose.

QUOTE:"That seems to have worked out swimmingly for India and Pakistan.  No sectarian violence between those countires right?"

The only reason sectarian violence exists is because of the failure to remove ALL of the Muslims from India.

QUOTE: "It occurred to me a few nights ago as I played candy crush that the Jews seem to be behaving in a way to compensate for something.  Then his comment of .2% of the population clicked: Jews are trying to compensate for a failing culture and religion.
Of the major religions in the world, jeudaism is second to last only by Ba'al.  The Jewish population, while not in decline, isn't even keeping up with population growth.  Statistics aren't easy to come by but their low populatiin tells me they have a very low conversion rate. Based on this, I feel their religion is failing and they compensate by trying to seem more important than they are.
Also, if they were God's chosen people, God gave them a crappy piece of land.  North America or even France would have been much better."

Well, one, we don't want a high conversion rate. Two, .2% of the population is not unusual for a small nation. Imagine being a Rohingya, which nation is small enough to NOT have its own nation, but to be ruled (rather badly) by Myanmar. Or how about a tiny tribe of naked Natives in the Venezuelan rain forest?

What you consider crappy is classified as pretty choice by large numbers of people. Israel, with proper irrigation, has some of the richest farmland in the world.Everything from dates and nuts to oranges and other fruits is produced exported from the Land. Granted, a weakness is the supply of water, but that IS and has ALWAYS BEEN a perennial problem that will hopefully be resolved evolved eventually. You obviously have little knowledge about that which you speak.

QUOTE: "And yet, you would carry out the commandment if you identified and Amalekite.  You don't see a quandary here do you?"

Not at all. During the day when biblical law was interpreted more strictly, nobody, neither the Hebrews, nor their enemies were inclined to be gentle about the way they fought. So if Amalek were tring to kill off the Hebrews, then it was only appropriate that the Hebrews should return the favour. It is our modern age that seems to consider that inappropriate, probably do to the rise of weapons of mass destructive power. Even on a personal level, the damage you can do with a broadsword vs what you can do with a submachine gun is clearly much less.

Would I carry out the commandment to eliminate Amalek if I found it? I'm not so sure. Since the Bible indicates that they are from the Holy Land, the only other choice would be to deport them. And again, the most likely candidate for being them if they do still exist is the "Palestinians". But that does seem to fly in the face of logic, which show the "Palestinians" to be Arab, despite their claims of being descended from pretty much everybody who ever resided in the Holy Land!

To be honest, I think God knew what he was doing  I suspect he knew that a time would come when people would no longer wish to murder their neighbour's family because of his ethnic or religious ties, so, up to a certain point, he allowed for that, but once human values changed he found a way to render the commandment null.

« Reply #437 on: September 10, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »
It seems from earlier posts, you support the genital mutilation of Jewish male children.

Does his extend to female infant genital mutilation?

Do you recommend that we all mutilate the genitals of our children?
My I.Q. is 85......or was it 58.

I am the stupiderist person on the FES.

THORK IS TERRIBLE.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #438 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:08 PM »
Male circumcision is not mutilation and never has been. It is widely done in the the USA by non-Jews simply as a health measure, to aid in the cleaning of the penis.

There has never been any practice of female cutting of any sort by Jews.

On a male, the pain, if any, is very brief.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »
If you echo the Nazis so precisely (this isn't saying Israel does or doesn't) then Godwin's law is fucking stupid, as you ARE echoing the Nazis and to not learn from history is the height of idiocy.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.