Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #300 on: September 05, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »
The majority of the world didn't hate Israel, but it is making it damn hard not to.  Everything that has been invented by a Jew would probably have been invented by a non-Jew eventually, even possibly at the same time. There isn't a single race or nationality that the world needs to keep going, someone else is always waiting to fill in the void.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2014, 01:41:56 PM »
As I said, the world needs Jews just to have a convenient whipping boy, if nothing else. But I'll give you one thing that ALL of Western Civilisation depends upon. Hell, for that matter, so do the Muslims, even if they hate to admit it. Without it, none of you would be where you are today. So, let me grant that you could invent everything you have without our help (which I doubt, but for the sake of argument, fine). There is one thing you could not have created. The Jewish Bible (the Old Testament to you Christian influenced types). Without that, your entire worldview falls apart.

Without the Hebrew Bible, you would only have Greek philosophy, which in and of itself is not enough to keep a civilisation of any sort afloat long term. The fact is, they denigrated women and promoted homosexuality as ideal. That alone was a fatal fault that would have (eventually) destroyed their way of life. The Greeks were fine philosophers, and great artists, and so-forth, but their morality was in the toilet.

The pagan Germanics and Norse could not have welded themselves into a unified force without the fiction of "the Holy Roman Nation" and all that, which harks back to Roman Empire, which itself was Christianised, which religion came from guess what, Judaism!

Fundamentally, without Judaism as a motive force, Western Civilisation (and the Muslims as well, but that is a different conversation) breaks down. This is a fact that simply cannot be denied. Welcome to real life.

Rama Set

« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
Certainly we prize it more than Muslims, who make up 23% of the world's population but have earned only 1% of the Nobel Prizes to date.

The Nobel Prize is not the only nor the most accurate measure of the level of education of a culture.  It was probably euro-centric for a good part of its history, and it is limited to only a few fields of study.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2014, 03:33:08 PM »
So, answer me a simple question: in the last 300 years, what, other than oil and thoroughbred horses, of value has the Muslim World managed to produce? Ok, I'll grant, Persian rugs, and Persian kitties are nice. The last are nice and cuddly.

But seriously, the Middle East especially,and Muslims generally, have not been able to produce one thing of value that the world couldn't live without in 300 years. All they have done in 300 years is basically get in the way and piss the rest of the world off.

Rama Set

« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2014, 03:50:05 PM »
So, answer me a simple question: in the last 300 years, what, other than oil and thoroughbred horses, of value has the Muslim World managed to produce? Ok, I'll grant, Persian rugs, and Persian kitties are nice. The last are nice and cuddly.

But seriously, the Middle East especially,and Muslims generally, have not been able to produce one thing of value that the world couldn't live without in 300 years. All they have done in 300 years is basically get in the way and piss the rest of the world off.

Naguib Mahfouz

Also, why do you have to make a contribution to the world at large to be considered educational?  Productivity is not the only index to measure education by.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:59:52 PM by Rama Set »

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #305 on: September 05, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
Part of the 1% I've already accounted for, thank you.

Rama Set

« Reply #306 on: September 05, 2014, 04:29:51 PM »
Part of the 1% I've already accounted for, thank you.

Don't move the goalposts.  You asked:

So, answer me a simple question: in the last 300 years, what, other than oil and thoroughbred horses, of value has the Muslim World managed to produce?

So you were wrong.  Moving on.

By the way, do you hold the same contempt for developing countries that you hold for Islamic countries?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2014, 04:48:19 PM »
I just looked at the list of Jew Nobel pre winners and why they won.

Its not exactly unique research.  Hell, most of Jews win in Economics.
So.... Yeah.

Also, Muslims have won a few peace prizes, like for brokering peace between Egypt and Israel.
Weird, a Muslim who didn't want to wipe out Israel and Jews.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2014, 06:04:17 PM »
Like I said, I already accounted for the 1% who DO receive Nobel Prizes, so that does not figure into the argument. As far as developing states, no, not generally. And its pretty bad when you have so many Muslims who want to kill Jews and wipe out Israel that the rare one who doesn't has to be given a Nobel fucking Peace Prize.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2014, 06:12:13 PM »
And its pretty bad when you have so many Muslims who want to kill Jews and wipe out Israel that the rare one who doesn't has to be given a Nobel fucking Peace Prize.

The Muslim wasn't given the prize for not wanting to kill Jews, though.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #310 on: September 05, 2014, 06:14:15 PM »
Well yes, Anwar Sadat was, and so was Yassir Arafat, but that is beside the point.

Rama Set

« Reply #311 on: September 05, 2014, 06:40:45 PM »
The reverse is exactly why the three Israeli Peace Prize winners won the award.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #312 on: September 05, 2014, 07:18:48 PM »
Well, yes, that is to be expected. And look where it got any of the five. NOWHERE. The only peace that will ever exist between Israel and its neighbours is the one where Israel says, "Don't fuck with me, because if you do, I will blow your ass to smithereens, so just say thank you for my civilisation and move along."

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 05, 2014, 08:01:40 PM »

Islam pretty much brought Europe out of the dark ages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe
You're welcome.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:03:30 PM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Re: Ask a Zionist anything.
« Reply #314 on: September 05, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »
Can a mod please change the title to "Ask a Zionist anything"

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 05, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »

Islam pretty much brought Europe out of the dark ages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe
You're welcome.

literally 300 years ago
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 05, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »
What is the "Muslim World"? For comparison, what has the Jewish World produced?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #317 on: September 05, 2014, 11:00:44 PM »

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 05, 2014, 11:42:44 PM »

That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Ghost of V

« Reply #319 on: September 05, 2014, 11:43:40 PM »