Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2680 on: April 10, 2018, 06:25:43 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/10/601059471/xi-says-china-ready-to-lower-import-tariffs-and-trade-barriers

The... fuck? ???

I...
I have no words.

It worked?
Trump being a hardass worked?

This is frightening on multiple levels.  But I have to give him the credit.

He started an easy to win trade war.  My god, his ego will feed off this for the rest of his life.

Correlation != Causation
Yes, but its pretty convincing evidence of correlation.  Feel free to find another reason they decided to lower tariffs on automobiles just as Trump complained about it.

I will refer you to Rushy's previous comments about us debating global economics and also posit that there could be more at play than just Trump's complaints.  I feel on safe ground in saying that Trump's comments and the subsequent comments by China are only the tip of the iceberg in this process.
Maybe.  I found evidence that lowering the tariff won't really change much.  Maybe they're doing it to placate him without having to do anything else.  Giving him nothing for peace.

In any case, Trump is gonna signal this a major win for himself and his "Trade Wars are Easy to Win" comment.  This can do nothing good.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #2681 on: April 11, 2018, 03:50:40 AM »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: April 13, 2018, 07:33:01 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/04/13/602209933/president-trump-pardons-scooter-libby-former-cheney-chief-of-staff

He also did that.
Cause apparently a proven leaker is fine if he's a republican linked leaker.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: April 18, 2018, 12:11:10 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/04/17/603039236/npr-marist-poll-gop-dems-divided-on-mueller-as-special-counsels-favorability-dro

And one again, proof that America is basically the land of "You're ok as long as you support my views."
When the president appoints the FBI director and the FBI is STILL investigating something shady around him, most people would think "Ok, the FBI might know what they're doing" but nope.  It's "The FBI is shit and tainted and evil and Trump should clean house again cause the last two picks have kept looking into him like he's a criminal...."

It's sad when the only outcome to boost the FBI's rating in the eyes of Republicans is for them to do whatever Trump wants them to do and/or stop doing their jobs when it comes to Trump.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: April 18, 2018, 08:13:43 PM »
www.cnn.com/2018/04/18/politics/donald-trump-immigrants-california/index.html

We can't have foreigners breeding in our country. Before you know it we'll be infested, ew.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: April 19, 2018, 04:24:15 AM »
www.cnn.com/2018/04/18/politics/donald-trump-immigrants-california/index.html

We can't have foreigners breeding in our country. Before you know it we'll be infested, ew.

I see his analytics team found a new word to use.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: April 20, 2018, 04:55:20 AM »
Trump is right, its the worse its ever been.
Cause we all know black people weren't human so it wasn't "human trafficking"....

::)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: April 22, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »
I don't know who Mr. Peepers is but I sure as hell know who Magoo is.
Of course, Trump could have been shielded from that as a kid.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: April 25, 2018, 12:49:22 PM »
http://www.latlmes.com/nation/mueller-says-he-has-ample-evidence-to-impeach-trump-1

OMFG!
I knew it!  I'm so glad Meuller found the pee tape.  Though I didn't expect that he also had all of Hillary's missing emails.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: April 25, 2018, 01:07:17 PM »
http://www.latlmes.com/nation/mueller-says-he-has-ample-evidence-to-impeach-trump-1

OMFG!
I knew it!  I'm so glad Meuller found the pee tape.  Though I didn't expect that he also had all of Hillary's missing emails.
You've just been rickrolled! In all seriousness though, I think Trump means well. The problem is that he doesn't really take criticism well. Or stick to the facts. There was also the time where he admitted the border wall would be easy to get over:
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: April 26, 2018, 11:07:41 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/26/605948086/michael-cohen-says-he-will-take-the-fifth-in-stormy-daniels-suit

Well, he's obviously just protecting himself from a witch hunt.

"The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?" - Trump

Oh...

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: April 26, 2018, 06:46:53 PM »
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/04/donald-trump-fox-and-friends-interview

lol. Even his buddies at Fox and Friends can't keep him from fucking himself up in an interview. You would think they'd know better than to encourage him... Oh yeah, it's the morons on Fox and Friends, never mind.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: April 26, 2018, 07:04:24 PM »
I am super not shocked.

Its also interesting to see Fox and Friends have more intelligence and insight than the president.  XD

Still gotta give him props for the NK SK peace stuff though.  Who knew actual threats of death and destruction would work?

Rama Set

« Reply #2697 on: April 27, 2018, 02:28:05 AM »
I am super not shocked.

Its also interesting to see Fox and Friends have more intelligence and insight than the president.  XD

Still gotta give him props for the NK SK peace stuff though.  Who knew actual threats of death and destruction would work?

You keep giving him props for this. Do you have any evidence that correlation=causation here? Why not credit the Olympics? Or international sanctions finally taking their toll?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: April 27, 2018, 04:14:04 AM »
I am super not shocked.

You keep giving him props for this. Do you have any evidence that correlation=causation here? Why not credit the Olympics? Or international sanctions finally taking their toll?

Because its the only thing that's really changed: America is threatening actual war with North Korea and Trump is crazy enough to ignore MAD.

The olympics were just a place to meet and international sanctions have always had little effect since they starve their people anyway.

Rama Set

« Reply #2699 on: April 27, 2018, 10:21:04 AM »
What do you know about the current state of affairs inside North Korea? Considering how insular they are, I’m going to bet you don’t know anything.