Resurrecting the Antiquated Flat Earth Model
« on: July 03, 2017, 03:32:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure the flat earth model modern flat earth individuals and societies champion, with north in the center, as opposed to, well, in the north, is not the original flat earth model of old.
The old flat earth model had north in the north.
The continents weren't encircling the center of the earth, they were laid out just as they are on the Mercator map.
The sun literally rose in the east, went from being down below the earth, to being up above it, and set in the west, it didn't encircle the center of the earth, and neither did the moon and stars (I mean if the sun whirled around the center of the earth, how do modern flat earthers explain the sun appearing to move in a straight line from east to west? It's trajectory doesn't curve).

So the old flat earth model is dead in the hearts and minds of modern men, and the new flat earth model is incubating, it may never catch on, never see the light of day.
While I think the round earth model is better, nothing is absolutely certain for me.
I'm here to explore possibilities, and probabilities, not to arrive at truth with a capital T, for me there's no such thing.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are any flat earthers out there who believe in the old model, and regardless of whether there are any, I'm wondering if it's possible to make the old model work, I mean it has some glaring holes, like the sun still being visible for some after it goes down for others, but the new flat earth model has some glaring holes also.
I'm also wondering why modern flat earthers fail to mention this fact, that the new flat earth has nearly nothing to do with the old one ancient men believed in.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:48:38 PM by Antithecystem »

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
Re: Resurrecting the Antiquated Flat Earth Model
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:10:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure the flat earth model modern flat earth individuals and societies champion, with north in the center, as opposed to, well, in the north, is not the original flat earth model of old.
The old flat earth model had north in the north.
The continents weren't encircling the center of the earth, they were laid out just as they are on the Mercator map.
The sun literally rose in the east, went from being down below the earth, to being up above it, and set in the west, it didn't encircle the center of the earth, and neither did the moon and stars (I mean if the sun whirled around the center of the earth, how do modern flat earthers explain the sun appearing to move in a straight line from east to west? It's trajectory doesn't curve).

So the old flat earth model is dead in the hearts and minds of modern men, and the new flat earth model is incubating, it may never catch on, never see the light of day.
While I think the round earth model is better, nothing is absolutely certain for me.
I'm here to explore possibilities, and probabilities, not to arrive at truth with a capital T, for me there's no such thing.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are any flat earthers out there who believe in the old model, and regardless of whether there are any, I'm wondering if it's possible to make the old model work, I mean it has some glaring holes, like the sun still being visible for some after it goes down for others, but the new flat earth model has some glaring holes also.
I'm also wondering why modern flat earthers fail to mention this fact, that the new flat earth has nearly nothing to do with the old one ancient men believed in.

Flat Earthers fail to mention facts in general.