Believe
« on: March 24, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »
We need to believe on something over us. Most of our knowledge must start from real stander which can only lead us to truth

Re: Believe
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:13:55 AM »
I don't follow, can you clarify?

Offline nametaken

• ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 02:28:26 AM »
The search for Truth need not conflict with any belief. Each belief may highlight a different path, is all.
The Flat Earth Society has members all around the Globe
[H]ominem unius libri timeo ~Truth is stranger.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 02:45:25 AM »
What ever we reach of knowledge we still know nothing. There is only one book can prove the truth, book which's not belong to me or for any one on this earth this book belong only for who is creating us and everything on earth, skys and between them

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 06:55:54 AM »
What book?  WHY ARE YOU KEEPING ME IN SUSPENSE??
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

geckothegeek

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 11:53:49 PM »
Just a quick question.

How many flat earthers are either veterans of previous service or presently on active duty of any navy - of any  nation ?
If so  how does that go along with your belief that the earth is flat ?

Are believers in a flat earth considered Conscientious Objectors ?

Of course I realize that all the navies of all the nations  in the world are all part of The Great Round Earth Conspiiracy

This goes for all similar  government and civilian occupations.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:26:59 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 01:34:03 AM »
Just a quick question.

How many flat earthers are either veterans of previous service or presently on active duty of any navy - of any  nation ?

Of course I realize that all the navies of all the nations  in the world are all part of The Great Round Earth Conspiiracy

You thought this thread was the best place to ask this?  ???
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline nametaken

• ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 01:38:54 AM »
The Great Round Earth Conspiiracy

With great power comes great responsibility. Being in the military requires a lot of work on all human levels, and thus a specific character. There are very few jobs that have transparency of all levels, or handle all data. Though, if you *really* wanted, you could say, look at a brochure or even the recruitment site of each country/branch's websites at all the jobs. I'm not going to go too far into that train of thought, but obviously certain jobs have 'higher transparency' than others; but they either require clearance, rank, or a lot of work in general so you have to balance many different types of knowledge and essentially organize references.

Obviously a good place to start would be airport jobs, IFR/VFR, anything involving boats/ships, lighthouses, radar, landscaping... well, almost anything that requires extensive knowledge/use of geography.

Update Roundy beat me to it, but strange place to ask this :s
The Flat Earth Society has members all around the Globe
[H]ominem unius libri timeo ~Truth is stranger.

geckothegeek

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 06:02:42 PM »
Just a quick question.

You thought this thread was the best place to ask this?  ???

I thought this was at least a good place to ask as the title is "Believe" . And believing-or  not- that the earth is flat is part of "Believe."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:05:12 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 06:17:38 PM »
The Great Round Earth Conspiiracy

With great power comes great responsibility. Being in the military requires a lot of work on all human levels, and thus a specific character. There are very few jobs that have transparency of all levels, or handle all data. Though, if you *really* wanted, you could say, look at a brochure or even the recruitment site of each country/branch's websites at all the jobs. I'm not going to go too far into that train of thought, but obviously certain jobs have 'higher transparency' than others; but they either require clearance, rank, or a lot of work in general so you have to balance many different types of knowledge and essentially organize references.

Obviously a good place to start would be airport jobs, IFR/VFR, anything involving boats/ships, lighthouses, radar, landscaping... well, almost anything that requires extensive knowledge/use of geography.

Update Roundy beat me to it, but strange place to ask this :s

Quite true.
For example there are many "Specialty Ratings" in the United States Navy.  For examples , a Quartermaster  (QM) or someone involved in navigation would need to know, or believe, whether the earth was a flat disc or a globe. On the other hand a Yeoman (YN) wouldn't need to know in his line of work, although he might have his own knowledge and belief on the subject.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 10:01:19 PM »
A Quartermaster (QM) or someone involved in navigation would need to know, or believe, whether the earth was a flat disc or a globe. On the other hand a Yeoman (YN) wouldn't need to know in his line of work, although he might have his own knowledge and belief on the subject.
This is true.  I myself was in a Navy rating involved indirectly with navigation: I ran the engine room producing the propulsion to move the ship.  This gave me indirect evidence that the flat earth map is inaccurate and the globe is accurate.  I knew what our speed was, since I was producing it.  As we made our transit from the Persian Gulf to Australia I saw that the further south we got, the fewer hours it took to cross time zones.  This is because on a globe, the time zones get narrow as you move toward either pole.  If the earth were flat, and if it took the form shown on the Gleason map, the time zones should have taken longer and longer to cross the further south we went.  And I know the time zones were not a lie, because I called home from Australia and we were the correct number of hours different than the U.S.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

geckothegeek

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:20:02 PM »
A Quartermaster (QM) or someone involved in navigation would need to know, or believe, whether the earth was a flat disc or a globe. On the other hand a Yeoman (YN) wouldn't need to know in his line of work, although he might have his own knowledge and belief on the subject.
This is true.  I myself was in a Navy rating involved indirectly with navigation: I ran the engine room producing the propulsion to move the ship.  This gave me indirect evidence that the flat earth map is inaccurate and the globe is accurate.  I knew what our speed was, since I was producing it.  As we made our transit from the Persian Gulf to Australia I saw that the further south we got, the fewer hours it took to cross time zones.  This is because on a globe, the time zones get narrow as you move toward either pole.  If the earth were flat, and if it took the form shown on the Gleason map, the time zones should have taken longer and longer to cross the further south we went.  And I know the time zones were not a lie, because I called home from Australia and we were the correct number of hours different than the U.S.

I was in the Navy, too. My rating involved the maintenance on the surface search radar, which was of a design and frequency such that its range was limited to the distance to the horizon. I knew from observation that the distance to the horizon was limited to the height of the observer or the height of the radar antenna. If the earth was flat radars could have an infinite range. I knew that the well known distances to the horizon were true. (There are charts in Navy Manuals showing distances for different heights.) All of this involved the curvature of the earth. The flat earth explanation of the horizon seems to be at least one its greatest fallacies,at least to anyone who has ever been to sea. The horizon is not some indistinct blur which fades away in the distance. If this was true the earth would have to be flat.

And if you are in any line of work such as this, you have to "Believe" what the scientists, designers and engineers have written.if you want to make things work as they should.
I don't know about the other  Navies in the world , but in the USA Navy, you have to "Believe" a lot of persons - Beginning with "Bòot Camps" Company Commanders and down to the Senior Petty Officer in charge of the radar systems on your ship.LOL.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:48:23 PM by geckothegeek »