Re: Amateur radio shows the earth is round
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2018, 05:34:02 PM »
Height of Kanterra Castle (where that image is from) is 610 meters.  Average Height of Lebanon Mountains is 2500 meters.....  Distance to Lebanon Mountains varies a lot but let’s use 240 km as that looks about average.

Why not increase the altitude of the observer to 900 meters?

BD = (R + h)/{[2Rh + h2]1/2(sin s/R)(1/R) + cos s/R} - R

BD = visual obstacle

h = altitude of observer

h = 0.9 km
s = 233 km
R = 6378.164 km

BD = 1.242 km

On a spherical Earth, you could not see anything under 1.242km, yet we can see the full view of the mountains from Lebanon.

Funny, I worked on navy ships for several years, and even held a secret clearance, but never ran across any of the kind of equipment you say exists.

Nikola Tesla, using only longitudinal waves to transmit the equivalent of 1016 Joules of energy, for a distance of over 8,100 km (New York - Tunguska river), without radio towers:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1994713#msg1994713 (three consecutive messages)

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2018, 07:20:49 PM »
It sounds like you have the longitudinal wave technology down pat.  Again, make use of that technology.  Design some microwave equipment, but don't try to sell it in the US.  As you said, only the military is allowed to use it.  Instead go to China, or better yet meet a Chinese agent in Thailand.  Don't let them steal your technology but get them to manufacture the equipment in Vietnam.  Then those items can be sold in places like Sim Lim Tower in Singapore.  I can then get a new longitudinal wave radio made by Baofeng in a shop there.  A few years ago I bought some radio equipment there that I still have. I just don't think I can reveal what it was.  Don't get left out in the cold.  Think like an international entrepreneur and put your ideas in motion.  Don't let the US government tell you what you can and can't do.  The power is in your hands and the time is wasting away.
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »
On a spherical Earth, you could not see anything under 1.242km, yet we can see the full view of the mountains from Lebanon.

You see the top half of the mountains because they are 2500 meters high. That's twice as much as the height hidden by the horizon, 1250 meters.

Your calculations are coherent with a spherical Earth. Thank you for your service.
Where does Earth Not a Globe say that all beliefs contrary to the Scriptures are necessarily wrong?  ???

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2018, 07:15:51 PM »
It sounds like you have the longitudinal wave technology down pat.  Again, make use of that technology.  Design some microwave equipment, but don't try to sell it in the US.  As you said, only the military is allowed to use it.  Instead go to China, or better yet meet a Chinese agent in Thailand.  Don't let them steal your technology but get them to manufacture the equipment in Vietnam.  Then those items can be sold in places like Sim Lim Tower in Singapore.  I can then get a new longitudinal wave radio made by Baofeng in a shop there.  A few years ago I bought some radio equipment there that I still have. I just don't think I can reveal what it was.  Don't get left out in the cold.  Think like an international entrepreneur and put your ideas in motion.  Don't let the US government tell you what you can and can't do.  The power is in your hands and the time is wasting away.

This "be an entrepreneur" meme of yours has run its course, and is adding nothing to the discussions you post it in. Stop derailing threads with it. Warned.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2018, 05:15:34 PM »
In the Merchant Marines we had a moto   "Acta Non Verba".   Catch you later. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2020, 04:06:29 PM »
On the subject of amateur radio, I am one. I'm also a new Flat Earther. One thing I want to point out that effects of methods of radio communication cannot prove the earth is flat or round. There are workable models for both. therefore we must proceed on other bases. This is basic logic.

By the same token, I would welcome anyone who can postulate on how radio long-distance communication can occur on the HF bands (1.8 Mhz - 28 Mhz) on a flat earth. I am thinking the firmament (which is a hard metal-like surface, likely) can accomplish this nicely. And the time of day and sunlight can and does affect it. I know of no other ham operators who believe in flat earth, altho I have read of a couple on the web. So anyone wanting to chime in on this, fel free.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2020, 05:41:18 AM »
I'm still waiting for an answer.

I'm new to radio waves, but I might have a point.  can not short wave broadcasts reflect off the upper atmosphere in both RE and FE models?  I don't know why Short Waves can't travel far in line of sight.  Maybe signal dispersion?  Maybe the curvature of earth is not the only explanation?  Why do Long Waves bend with the curvature of earth? Im not a scientist.
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2020, 09:45:01 AM »
I'm still waiting for an answer.

I'm new to radio waves, but I might have a point.  can not short wave broadcasts reflect off the upper atmosphere in both RE and FE models?  I don't know why Short Waves can't travel far in line of sight.  Maybe signal dispersion?  Maybe the curvature of earth is not the only explanation?  Why do Long Waves bend with the curvature of earth? Im not a scientist.

Here's some reading for you

https://www.bbceng.info/additions/2016/No.%2010%20-%20Long-Wave%20And%20Medium-Wave%20Propogation.pdf
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2020, 03:05:31 PM »
I am also a ham operator (Amateur Radio). Radio waves do travel in the line of sight. I have talked to the ISS three times from my home. It is easy but only when it passes overhead. And yes the distance I can use my VHF radio on the earth will be about 60 miles. If the earth would be flat I could communicate thousands of miles but because of the curvature of the earth, I can't.
Is there any ham operated that believe the earth is flat?