Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
I want good news
« on: November 25, 2019, 07:39:04 PM »
I get a bit fed up with the news. Everyday its the same depressing crap. Someone got stabbed in London, Greta Thunberg is being 'wonderful', the EU is a utopia and we're going to be so so sorry we left, Trump is orange and bad, Putin is also bad because he meddles and on and on and on it goes.

Now there are some 'good news' websites ... but to me they aren't full of good news.

try this one
https://www.positive.news/

Front page is full of stories I consider to be bad news.
"Non-binary cabin announcements take off" - so the weird gender bender thing is getting more traction. That's not good news.
"European Investment Bank to end fossil fuel funding" - so energy is going to cost more. That's not good news either.
"Green party: how are festivals upping their environmental credentials?" - the paedophiles and alarmists getting more popular ... no, not good news either.

^ This is a liberal echo chamber. To me, its all bad news. If all those people died in a horrible fire, then that would be good news.

Let's try another.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx2pk70323et/uplifting-stories

Uplifting stories from the BBC.
"Man hands out free boots so kids can play sport" - yeah, I don't really care about this. Its such a small thing. Labour promising to steal people's money in the next election isn't countered by a man giving out free boots.
"At 26, Max lives alone in a caravan five miles outside Fort William, managing university pressures whilst fighting for settled status, yet he’s happier than he’s ever been." - great, a happy immigrant. Super. Again, too small and he shouldn't be there in the first place.
"The first ever Global Happiness Conference is being held at a school in Worcestershire." - Ok none of this is good news.

Its just small community news. I want good news. Good big news.
Elon Musk losing money hand over fist.
Google on the end of a $170m fine.
Hilary Clinton falls down the stairs.
USA declares war on France, rest of the world agrees to help.

Like proper big good news. Does anyone know of a website that does good news that I would like?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: I want good news
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 07:50:52 PM »
I get a bit fed up with the news. Everyday its the same depressing crap. Someone got stabbed in London, Greta Thunberg is being 'wonderful', the EU is a utopia and we're going to be so so sorry we left, Trump is orange and bad, Putin is also bad because he meddles and on and on and on it goes.

Now there are some 'good news' websites ... but to me they aren't full of good news.

try this one
https://www.positive.news/

Front page is full of stories I consider to be bad news.
"Non-binary cabin announcements take off" - so the weird gender bender thing is getting more traction. That's not good news.
"European Investment Bank to end fossil fuel funding" - so energy is going to cost more. That's not good news either.
"Green party: how are festivals upping their environmental credentials?" - the paedophiles and alarmists getting more popular ... no, not good news either.

^ This is a liberal echo chamber. To me, its all bad news. If all those people died in a horrible fire, then that would be good news.

Let's try another.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx2pk70323et/uplifting-stories

Uplifting stories from the BBC.
"Man hands out free boots so kids can play sport" - yeah, I don't really care about this. Its such a small thing. Labour promising to steal people's money in the next election isn't countered by a man giving out free boots.
"At 26, Max lives alone in a caravan five miles outside Fort William, managing university pressures whilst fighting for settled status, yet he’s happier than he’s ever been." - great, a happy immigrant. Super. Again, too small and he shouldn't be there in the first place.
"The first ever Global Happiness Conference is being held at a school in Worcestershire." - Ok none of this is good news.

Its just small community news. I want good news. Good big news.
Elon Musk losing money hand over fist.
Google on the end of a $170m fine.
Hilary Clinton falls down the stairs.
USA declares war on France, rest of the world agrees to help.

Like proper big good news. Does anyone know of a website that does good news that I would like?

Www.foxnews.com
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 07:58:53 PM »
So .... whilst that's on the right side of the political spectrum, its full of bad news. Scare stories about how Nancy Pelosi is skin stretched over a 400 year old metal endoskeleton and how Bernie Sanders wants to turn anyone who isn't on welfare into a stew. Also, and this is going to come as a shock to you ... but I don't really give a Th*rk about what is going on in the USA. I haven't been there for almost 30 years and even then it was only a 2 week stay. I care as much about who your President is, as I do about who Morocco's President is. It honestly effects me about the same amount. Something a little less USA only please.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 09:16:26 PM »
Sadly, then I have nothing.  Your side of politics is basically fear and hate.  The Dark Side, in essence.  There is no good news.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 09:40:03 PM »
Sadly, then I have nothing.  Your side of politics is basically fear and hate.  The Dark Side, in essence.  There is no good news.
A business opportunity is presenting itself. Unfortunately someone has already registered schadenfreude.com.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 09:56:06 PM »
A business opportunity is presenting itself. Unfortunately someone has already registered schadenfreude.com.

I could fake some for you.

"Tonight in Britton, a sweat shop full of illegal immigrants was raided.  It happened shortly after 4 with scottland yard officers surrounding the building and grabbing people as they exited.  In total 218 people have been detained and are awaiting trial.  It is estimated 90% of them will be deported in a month "

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 11:03:06 PM »

Earlier today a reptile skinned man staggered from his home after being overcome by fumes from a malfunctioning oil diffuser and was ran over by a Tesla full of marxist transgender environmental activists.

police at the scene said "Meh."
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.