Ghost of V

Spiderman movies
« on: July 25, 2014, 02:59:49 AM »
I just read that The Amazing Spiderman 3 was pushed back to 2018 while a Spiderman Sinister Six movie is slated for release on November 11th, 2016. This movie will have many villains, including Venom.

Are they making the same mistake again? The Sinister Six movie undoubtedly will have a lot of villains that haven't been touched on in the new Spiderman reboot movies. Meaning, villains are going to come out of nowhere and its going to be a convoluted mess just like Spiderman 3. I'm most worried about Sony fucking up Venom again.

They should just make a movie titled Venom with a legitimate back story for it. Venom is the most popular Spiderman villain, why does Sony not seem to understand this?

Fuck you, Sony. Fuck your electronics too.

/end rant

Re: Spiderman movies
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »
The Spiderman reboot has been pretty average anyway. Who cares?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 02:32:57 PM »
The first one was okay, the second one was shit.  This new one will most likely be shit as well.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
They should just make a movie titled Venom with a legitimate back story for it. Venom is the most popular Spiderman villain, why does Sony not seem to understand this?

Well, they do.  Otherwise they wouldn't include him in their movies.  They just don't care what geeky fanboys like you think because your opinion doesn't matter to them.  They are going to make the movie that they think the public at large wants to see and you geeky fanboys make up such a small part of that wider audience who cares what you think?

But yeah, I think a Venom movie would be an excellent idea and I think it would be very successful if they did it right (like getting the right person to play Eddie Brock, Christ but Topher Grace was so horribly miscast).
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 12:50:50 AM »
Well, Eddie Brock was a scrawny wimp when he first showed up, but started working out and became the buff motherfucker everyone knows about. Guess they didn't have time for that in the movie.
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 12:52:19 AM »
The first one was okay, the second one was shit.  This new one will most likely be shit as well.
I liked the second one.  It felt like a spiderman story.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 12:58:55 AM »
I haven't even seen the new reboot movies with Andrew Fuckface. Are they worth watching?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 01:10:10 AM »
No. But neither were the old ones.
The Mastery.