Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
Dark forum theme
« on: December 11, 2019, 04:41:05 PM »
As the title suggests,  would be aesthetically pleasing and easier on the eyes(to my eyes at least) to have the option of a dark grey forum with white ish text. Maybe because I stare at dark grey themed software all day, but I think most people would agree for example that the white theme vs the grey theme on something like Discord is pretty one sided and most people would rather use the dark grey. I think it would be a decent look for this place (presented as an option, not as a replacement).

Of course, just a suggestion, I don't expect to anyone to rush to doing it but just wanted to mention it as a possibility. :) If there is already different themed options available I haven't spotted them yet, by all means let me know if I'm just not seeing it. ^^
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: Dark forum theme
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 07:21:25 PM »
You can select a theme in your settings, though we don't have a dark one.

In general, though, I'm opposed to pushing this into a user-visible option. If we implement a dark mode, it should activate automatically if the user has configured their browser in dark mode.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »
Without being too cynical, the only way this will happen is if you play a major role in creating the theme. A somewhat organic consequence of the model we're operating under means that doers get what they want much more often than askers.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »
Hmm, that would be nice. Maybe I'll work on one.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 05:55:52 PM »
Without being too cynical, the only way this will happen is if you play a major role in creating the theme. A somewhat organic consequence of the model we're operating under means that doers get what they want much more often than askers.

Honestly I think this is the only sustainable long term solution