Re: The South Celestial Pole
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 08:26:50 AM »
The educational system in turkey leaves much to desire, it seems.

The educational system depends on according to opinion of atheist / satanist /NASA. So it means nothing. The only reality is IQ's of 160.  :)

Do not worry. After i prove gravitation's fake, all you will get like educated.  ;)
To quote Hawking: "People who boast about their IQ are losers"
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 04:15:03 PM »
The educational system in turkey leaves much to desire, it seems.

The educational system depends on according to opinion of atheist / satanist /NASA. So it means nothing. The only reality is IQ's of 160.  :)

Do not worry. After i prove gravitation's fake, all you will get like educated.  ;)
To quote Hawking: "People who boast about their IQ are losers"

"People who boast about their IQ on the internet probably used a free IQ test from a click-bait website" -- Isaac Newton

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 11:09:08 AM »
So do we have a better Flat Earth explanation for the "The South Celestial Pole" than
"SCP is a lie. There is noone on the South Pole. Because there is nowhere as SP. if it is really there, so why nobody can't show us the compass turning on the SP like NP. ? Because there isin't SP."

??? Really  ???

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
See the Bi-Polar model.

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 02:58:25 PM »
See the Bi-Polar model.

See the very first post in this thread.

2. The South Celestial Pole is always exactly due South. It is always 180 degrees in the opposite direction of North. In the "Celestial Gears" model, moving east or west would cause the South Celestial Pole to no longer be due South. There would be a non 180 degree angle between the North Celestial Pole and South Celestial Pole.

The Bipolar Model has the exact same problem.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »
I don't see a problem with the bi-polar model. The South Celestial pole is always in one spot.

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 04:17:26 PM »
I don't see a problem with the bi-polar model. The South Celestial pole is always in one spot.

*sigh*

In the bipolar model, depending on where you are, the north celestial pole is not directly 180 degrees away from the south celestial pole.
In reality, no matter where you are, the north celestial pole is directly 180 degrees away from the south celestial pole.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »

*sigh*

In the bipolar model, depending on where you are, the north celestial pole is not directly 180 degrees away from the south celestial pole.
In reality, no matter where you are, the north celestial pole is directly 180 degrees away from the south celestial pole.

The magnetic field lines are curved in the Bi-Polar model, making the direction of North and South relative to the position of the field lines. If you follow the field lines North or South anywhere on the map you will eventually reach the North or South poles.

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »

*sigh*

The magnetic field lines are curved in the Bi-Polar model, making the direction of North and South relative to the position of the field lines. If you follow the field lines North or South anywhere on the map you will eventually reach the North or South poles.

Once again, this has nothing to do with the magnetic north or south poles. I am referring to the celestial poles.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 04:38:08 PM »

*sigh*

Once again, this has nothing to do with the magnetic north or south poles. I am referring to the celestial poles.

The celestial poles are located near the magnetic poles. We can't see the Southern celestial pole from the Northern Hemiplane. To get to it we follow our compass South, which will take us to the Southern Hemiplane from wherever we are in the North.

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 04:41:00 PM »

*sigh*

The celestial poles are located near the magnetic poles. To get to them we follow our compass. We can't see the Southern constellations from the Northern Hemiplane.

We don't need to "get to them". We can just measure where they are visually. And if we are at the equator, both of them are visible at the same time at the horizon. No matter where you are on the equator, they are in exact opposite directions from one another. Based on your bipolar model, we would not expect this to happen.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 04:48:02 PM »
And if we are at the equator, both of them are visible at the same time at the horizon. No matter where you are on the equator, they are in exact opposite directions from one another. Based on your bipolar model, we would not expect this to happen.

You don't have any evidence for that.

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
And if we are at the equator, both of them are visible at the same time at the horizon. No matter where you are on the equator, they are in exact opposite directions from one another. Based on your bipolar model, we would not expect this to happen.

You don't have any evidence for that.

Well I'm not currently at the equator, so I am not going to go outside and take a picture for you. However, I have been to the equator and can affirm that it is 100% true. Millions of people around the world can verify this. You can verify this yourself by going to the equator. Anywhere on the equator that isn't surrounded by mountains will do.

In another thread you blamed me for lack of research... oh the irony.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »
Well I'm not currently at the equator, so I am not going to go outside and take a picture for you. However, I have been to the equator and can affirm that it is 100% true. Millions of people around the world can verify this. You can verify this yourself by going to the equator. Anywhere on the equator that isn't surrounded by mountains will do.

Really, you thought to perform this experiment before the subject came up in this thread?

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »

Really, you thought to perform this experiment before the subject came up in this thread?

Well I didn't break out a protractor. But stargazing has always been a hobby of mine. The south celestial pole is always in the opposite direction of the north celestial pole. Do you have any other argument besides personal incredulity?

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »
I think Tom is missing the main point for some reason.

If three people are standing looking south in South Africa, Argentina, and Australia at the same time they all are looking in the same direction to see the South Star.

If the Earth is flat regardless of model I can think of only the following to explain it:

Light is capable of having much greater alterations to it's path then we are aware of.  In this case light is bending a tremendous amount in at least two directions. 

There is some mirror effect happening.  Maybe reflecting off a dome.

Current maps are far more off than the FE hypothesis suggest.  All the continents are aligned differently than we are told.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
And if you dig deep enough eventually the earth will give way and you will fall into the abyss!

We will need actual evidence to demonstrate those suppositions, I am afraid.

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »
And if you dig deep enough eventually the earth will give way and you will fall into the abyss!

We will need actual evidence to demonstrate those suppositions, I am afraid.

Interesting. So, you would rather believe that the ~400 million people living near the equator are all too moronic to notice that the celestial poles don't line up like modern astronomy says they should? Even when you have absolutely no evidence to suggest that they don't line up, other than the fact that if they do line up, your theory doesn't work? I am starting to see a pattern.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 12:20:05 AM »
Where is the evidence for this fact? Solely in your head?

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 12:51:58 AM »
Where is the evidence for this fact? Solely in your head?

Which fact? The number of people near the equator or the fact that the celestial poles are in opposite directions from each other?

If the first, I just added up the populations of Indonesia, Kenya, DRC, and Ecuador, then rounded up because I didn't feel like trying to figure out the population of just the northern part of Brazil. It's just an estimate.

If the second... honestly I don't know what else to tell you. Believing that the celestial poles don't line up is almost as bad as other flat earthers claiming that Polaris can be seen from Australia, or that the South Celestial Pole doesn't exist, or some other head-stuck-in-sand nonsense.