The sun
« on: April 21, 2015, 10:19:21 PM »
I would like to ask FETers how they think the sun works, namely: 1)why it moves in a circle 2)why it doesn't fall down onto the earth 3)why it shines like a spotlight if it is a ball.
None of this is in the wiki, so please don't just direct me there. Thanks.
Mostlyharmless

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: The sun
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:55:53 PM »
1)why it moves in a circle
The sun, moon, and stars are all rotating around a central point over the North Pole. The underlying cause for this rotation is a vast cornucopia of stellar systems orbiting around its center of attraction - an imaginary point of shared attraction. This is an extrapolated and more complex binary star movement. Think of a binary (two) star system which moves around an invisible common barycenter. Now add a third body which shares that common center of attraction. Now a fourth. When we add enough bodies the system looks like a swirling multiple system.

The stars in the night sky rotate around common barycenters above the earth just as the sun and moon do. From a location on the earth's surface the stars in the sky might seem to scroll across the night sky with Polaris at the hub.

Each star in a cluster is attracted to one another through gravitational vectors. Formation is created through gravitational capture - at least three objects are actually required, as conservation of energy rules out a single gravitating body capturing another. The stars maintain their movement over the years through Newton's first law: An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

2)why it doesn't fall down onto the earth
there is a force that produces identical effects as observed from the surface of the earth. This force is known as "Universal Acceleration" (abbreviated as UA).

Objects on the earth's surface have weight because all sufficiently massive celestial bodies are accelerating upward at the rate of 9.8 m/s^2. The mass of the earth is thought to shield the objects atop it from the direct force of UA. Alternatively, it is possible that the force of UA can actually pass through objects, but its effect on smaller bodies is negligible (similar to gravity in RET cosmology, which only has a noticeable affect on very large objects).

3)why it shines like a spotlight if it is a ball.
I can't answer that one, not being a spherical Sun believer myself.

I'm sorry that you're finding it difficult to find content on the Wiki. If you have any suggestions on how to make it easier to navigate, I'd be genuinely interested to hear those. If you have any feedback on that, please post it in S&C.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:58:51 PM by pizaaplanet »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Re: The sun
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:34:58 AM »
1)why it moves in a circle
The sun, moon, and stars are all rotating around a central point over the North Pole. The underlying cause for this rotation is a vast cornucopia of stellar systems orbiting around its center of attraction - an imaginary point of shared attraction. This is an extrapolated and more complex binary star movement. Think of a binary (two) star system which moves around an invisible common barycenter. Now add a third body which shares that common center of attraction. Now a fourth. When we add enough bodies the system looks like a swirling multiple system.

The stars in the night sky rotate around common barycenters above the earth just as the sun and moon do. From a location on the earth's surface the stars in the sky might seem to scroll across the night sky with Polaris at the hub.

Each star in a cluster is attracted to one another through gravitational vectors. Formation is created through gravitational capture - at least three objects are actually required, as conservation of energy rules out a single gravitating body capturing another. The stars maintain their movement over the years through Newton's first law: An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

2)why it doesn't fall down onto the earth
there is a force that produces identical effects as observed from the surface of the earth. This force is known as "Universal Acceleration" (abbreviated as UA).

Objects on the earth's surface have weight because all sufficiently massive celestial bodies are accelerating upward at the rate of 9.8 m/s^2. The mass of the earth is thought to shield the objects atop it from the direct force of UA. Alternatively, it is possible that the force of UA can actually pass through objects, but its effect on smaller bodies is negligible (similar to gravity in RET cosmology, which only has a noticeable affect on very large objects).

3)why it shines like a spotlight if it is a ball.
I can't answer that one, not being a spherical Sun believer myself.

I'm sorry that you're finding it difficult to find content on the Wiki. If you have any suggestions on how to make it easier to navigate, I'd be genuinely interested to hear those. If you have any feedback on that, please post it in S&C.
Thank you very much for your replies. Just a couple of further questions:
1) Why would all the stars rotate around each other if gravity isn't real?
2) How can something be "shielded" from a force, or if that isn't the case, why would UK affect smaller masses less?
3) As an illustrious (to say the least) member of tfes, how do you believe the sun works?
Thanks again,
Mostlyharmless