Beyond the Ice Wall
« on: December 27, 2014, 03:12:38 PM »
Hello everyone ! I started looking for information on the Flat Earth topic, and I have seen maps. According to the Flat Earth Theory, the flat earth is surrounded by Antartica, which is a mass of ice that surrounds the Earth.

You agree with me when I say that now, in 2014, we have planes that can go really far away (since a long time now actually).

What if a plane tried to go beyond this ice mass ? It must have an end. So what ? Does the plane just fall into the vacuum of space ? I need to know  ???

(Btw, don't flame me, I'm not trying to bother you guys. Just asking questions.)

Ghost of V

Re: Beyond the Ice Wall
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 11:21:33 PM »
The howling winds, hail/snow storms, and hurricane-like weather prevents safe travel beyond the Ice Wall. Most pilots are not brave enough (or stupid enough) to fly into such a dangerous enviroment. The ones who have (if any) have vanished without a trace.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:52:57 PM »
The howling winds, hail/snow storms, and hurricane-like weather prevents safe travel beyond the Ice Wall. Most pilots are not brave enough (or stupid enough) to fly into such a dangerous enviroment. The ones who have (if any) have vanished without a trace.
You are making this up.  Measured distances prove there is no such wall,

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:58:28 PM »
You are making this up.

Good rebuttal.

If you have something substantial to add, please do.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 12:26:06 AM »
You are making this up.

Good rebuttal.

I will.  Measured distances prove the shape of the earth.  It is not a circular shape centered on the North Pole.  Travel distances prove this.  This means that as you circle round the South Pole you do not travel huge distances, every distance is proven.

Ghost of V

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »
You are making this up.

Good rebuttal.

I will.  Measured distances prove the shape of the earth.  It is not a circular shape centered on the North Pole.  Travel distances prove this.  This means that as you circle round the South Pole you do not travel huge distances, every distance is proven.

If it was that simple this forum would not exist.

Please provide data. Your posts are basically spam at this point.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 12:31:37 AM »
You are making this up.
Good rebuttal.

If it was that simple this forum would not exist.

Please provide data. Your posts are basically spam at this point.
Look up distances between various places, list any you disagree with.  The only way they will work is on a sphere.

It would help to know the distance from Cape Town to the Ice Wall.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:34:47 AM by inquisitive »

Ghost of V

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 12:36:32 AM »
Look up distances between various places, list any you disagree with.  The only way they will work is on a sphere.

Please provide data.

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 12:38:08 AM »

Please provide data.
All available, as you know.  Google Earth will give you distances, please tell us any that are incorrect.

Ghost of V

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 12:39:03 AM »

Please provide data.
All available, as you know.  Google Earth will give you distances, please tell us any that are incorrect.

We're done.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »

Please provide data.

We're done.
As expected you cannot prove the earth is not round.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »

Please provide data.

We're done.

Expecting someone to prove a negative?  I believe the burden of proof is on you to prove that it is.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 07:54:42 PM »

Please provide data.

We're done.

Expecting someone to prove a negative?  I believe the burden of proof is on you to prove that it is.
Sigh... Okay to help you with that... I challenge you to provide any verifiable, objective evidence that the earth is flat. We've provided many pieces of verifiable, object evidence that the earth is round, including the navigation by polar route around the earth. See: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/fastest-circumnavigation-via-both-poles-by-aeroplane. So there is a "beyond the Ice Wall". FET fails again.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »

Please provide data.

We're done.

Sigh... Okay to help you with that... I challenge you to provide any verifiable, objective evidence that the earth is flat. We've provided many pieces of verifiable, object evidence that the earth is round, including the navigation by polar route around the earth. See: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/fastest-circumnavigation-via-both-poles-by-aeroplane. So there is a "beyond the Ice Wall". FET fails again.

Well, not all of us think there's an ice wall.  I personally don't. 

Captain Mullins also performed a circumnaviation the conventional way.  The route left from JFK airport in New York, passed through New Dehli, then Tokyo, and then arrived back in New York at JFK.  That trip had a total flight time of 25 minutes, 53 seconds. 

The polar circumnavigation, on the other hand, took over twice as long, with a flight time of 54 hours, 7 minutes, 12 seconds.  Now, I realize that the first trip was entirely in the northern hemisphere, and so dealt with shorter distances on both the flat and spherical models, but I wonder what the record for an equatorial circumnavigation by air is, if one exists, and if it's comparable with the polar one, as it should be on a sphere.  Ideally, one that crosses the intersection of the Prime Meridian (and 180th meridian) and the Equator on both sides of the globe.  Hm.  I'll have a look and see if I can find one.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:48:12 PM by Tintagel »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »
Please do tell us why you don't "think" there's an ice wall--in a thread on that topic. For this Ice Wall thread, perhaps you'll consider the OP's question please. We've provided VOE of what's beyond the Ice Wall, the RE.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »
Please do tell us why you don't "think" there's an ice wall--in a thread on that topic. For this Ice Wall thread, perhaps you'll consider the OP's question please. We've provided VOE of what's beyond the Ice Wall, the RE.

Please leave thread moderation to the mods, if you don't mind.  I mentioned it in passing because there *are* threads about it, and there are certain obtuse RE'ers here that would see me stating I didn't think there was an ice wall in one thread, while actively participating in an ice wall debate on another, and would call it out as hypocrisy.  Moreover, I felt that it would enrich the OP's experience to know that the ice wall hypothesis is just one of the many "flavors" of the model.  This is a discussion forum, not a lecture hall.

Back to the point, your VOE doesn't prove a spherical earth, as a transpolar circumnavigation is still possible on a flat earth - and yes, even on the ice wall model, in theory, though I'd need to see the actual route flown to verify.  An aircraft pilot would follow the lines of force, which are curved at the outer rim in the ice wall model by aetheric flow.  This would lead the plane to ultimately turn and fly north again relative to the disc, most likely without the pilot's noticing at all, since all the instruments would indicate otherwise.

Just because I don't subscribe to a particular model doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »
Back to the point, your VOE doesn't prove a spherical earth, as a transpolar circumnavigation is still possible on a flat earth - and yes, even on the ice wall model, in theory, though I'd need to see the actual route flown to verify.  An aircraft pilot would follow the lines of force, which are curved at the outer rim in the ice wall model by aetheric flow.  This would lead the plane to ultimately turn and fly north again relative to the disc, most likely without the pilot's noticing at all, since all the instruments would indicate otherwise.

Just because I don't subscribe to a particular model doesn't mean it doesn't work.
So you need to use special pleading AND ignorance to deal with just one of the pieces of VOE the disproves FET. How sad. I particularly like your resorting to "aethic" flow, something never measured yet you claim produces the same effect as a RE. No one is going to take that seriously.

That's a goof reason not to subscribe to a particular model--when it doesn't work.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 03:37:59 PM »
So you need to use special pleading AND ignorance to deal with just one of the pieces of VOE the disproves FET. How sad. I particularly like your resorting to "aethic" flow, something never measured yet you claim produces the same effect as a RE. No one is going to take that seriously.

I "resort" to aetheric flow just as other physicists "resort" to hypothetical particles and substances when their expectations do not match observations.  Fermi guessed that neutrons had to exist in the nuclei of atoms to explain how they worked.  Pauli "resorted" to saying Neutrinos must exist because they explained observed results.  At the time, the scientific community said these ideas had no basis in reality.  They were "pleading."  Of course, years later, neutrons and neutrinos were detected.  Aether explains much of what we experience here on the flat earth, so if we are pleading when we discuss those effects, it is only in the sense that Fermi and Pauli were.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:58:53 PM by Tintagel »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 03:53:24 PM »

I "resort" to aetheric flow just as other physicists "resort" to hypothetical particles and substances when their expectations do not match observations.  Fermi guessed that neutrons had to exist in the nuclei of atoms to explain how they worked.  Pauli "resorted" to saying Neutrinos must exist because they explained observed results.  At the time, the scientific community said these ideas had no basis in reality.  They were "pleading."  Of course, years later, neutrons and neutrinos were detected.  Aether explains much of what we experience here on the flat earth, so if we are pleading when we discuss those effects, it is only in the sense that Fermi and Pauli were.
Special pleading is well defined and you're doing it. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading While AWT never claimed that it affects ALL flight instrument to make a transpolar flight seem like it's on a RET, you now plead that it does--without any evidence but your pleading. Fermi had experimental evidence in hand before hypothesis. You have AWT in had then try to argue that it fits the real world evidence. You can't even tell me if the aether is even atomic in nature.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »

Special pleading is well defined and you're doing it. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading While AWT never claimed that it affects ALL flight instrument to make a transpolar flight seem like it's on a RET, you now plead that it does--without any evidence but your pleading. Fermi had experimental evidence in hand before hypothesis. You have AWT in had then try to argue that it fits the real world evidence. You can't even tell me if the aether is even atomic in nature.

You may ought to speak to Tausami, as he's the resident aetheric wind theorist here.  I'm just relaying things as I understand them, but I do believe that in the disc model with AWT, as you near the edge,  aetheric flow causes this sort of navigational havoc.