Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
Can we get an AlwaysTheSkeptic Megathread?
« on: March 01, 2019, 03:00:35 PM »
At this time, 11 of the 20 threads on the first page of AR are this dude's threads. It's not like they're haha funny, they're just shit.
I want an AR full of ranting, now! >o<
Also if possible abuse your power and ban him. ;)
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Can we get an AlwaysTheSkeptic Megathread?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 03:36:35 PM »
Seconded. I have been warned for spamming twice when I’ve just posted something which has been deemed against the rules. This dude actually is spamming and...nothing.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 04:41:44 PM »
Seconded. I have been warned for spamming twice when I’ve just posted something which has been deemed against the rules.
In AR? I strongly doubt it, and your warning record doesn't seem to corroborate your story.

You have to remember that Angry Ranting + Complete Nonsense is nothing other than this forum's garbage bin. It's the only place where spamming low-quality bait is allowed. This is something both of you make generous use of, and I'd be reluctant to apply one set of rules to you and another to this noob.

Granted, per section 6 of the manifesto we can use discretion to extend moderation action beyond what's been predicted by the rules, but that should generally be a last resort. If there is a strong consensus among our users that this guy's behaviour is beyond the pale even for the "anything goes" boards, then so be it - let us know.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:44:22 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 05:02:23 PM »
No, not in AR and I never said that. Both times it was for one off posts which fell afoul of Svarrior’s tightly run ship. Neither time was I spamming but let’s not bicker about semantics.

I love AR, me. It’s by far my favourite section. But I would spam in there with endless threads which sort of should be in the upper fora but he knows the way he writes them they wouldn’t fly there. I’m finding it a bit annoying but maybe it’s just a phase he’s going through and I agree you probably should’nt do something on the basis of one or two people’s grumbles about it. I just added my 2 cents because I agree with the OP
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 05:10:01 PM »
So, you already know this, but just to make sure no one else falls for it: you say you were "warned for spamming" because that's the phrasing used in the warning notification sent to your PMs. The actual reason of each warning was stated to you, and it's really difficult to assume good faith when you keep restating the same nonsense over and over.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 05:18:59 PM »
Is it beyond the wit of Parsifal to make PM templates which more accurately reflect what someone is warned for though? Anyway, stop being belligerent. The OP is making a suggestion, I only piped up because I agree with it. Over to you, boss.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 05:26:58 PM »
Is it beyond the wit of Parsifal to make PM templates which more accurately reflect what someone is warned for though?
As you already know, it's on my to-do list. Given our model of contribution, you could just write them and post a proposal instead of angrily demanding that someone does it.

Anyway, stop being belligerent.
Heed your own advice.

As for the OP, we'll see how popular the suggestion is.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:28:31 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 05:37:45 PM »
I was gently suggesting, not angrily demanding. I don’t know enough about how the automated PM system works to help but am happy to if it’s explained.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 09:21:31 PM »
I don’t know enough about how the automated PM system works to help but am happy to if it’s explained.
This is veering off-topic, and it's blatantly my fault. I'll open a separate thread on the matter clarifying the format, and inviting people to join in.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 10:34:20 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 10:30:30 PM »
At this time, 11 of the 20 threads on the first page of AR are this dude's threads. It's not like they're haha funny, they're just shit.
I want an AR full of ranting, now! >o<
Also if possible abuse your power and ban him. ;)

There is some precedent to moderating those overly spamming the lower fora to the extent it impacts how others enjoy the forum. Having been involved in such moderation, I don't think we have quite reached that point yet. The only thing ATS is doing is making one liners without substance because he isn't smart enough to argue them or debate his position. Some of them would be proper upper fora topics if he had even a cursory understanding of what he was arguing, which he doesn't.