Why is Nasa cheating us?
« on: February 20, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »
Hello,

I will be honest with you. I do not believe that the earth is flat, but I can not assure that it is not. Indifferently with that, what I want is to understand exactly how the FE model works. From what I understand, NASA along with other government agencies, are those who deceive the population by making them believe that the earth is round, when it is not. My question is, what do they earn with that? I want to make it clear that I am someone with a strong scientific education, and arguments like, "there is a satanist elite ..." will not work with me. Please, I have heard so many arguments for and against that I do not know what to think about this topic anymore.

Re: Why is Nasa cheating us?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 07:55:15 AM »
Hello,

I will be honest with you. I do not believe that the earth is flat, but I can not assure that it is not. Indifferently with that, what I want is to understand exactly how the FE model works. From what I understand, NASA along with other government agencies, are those who deceive the population by making them believe that the earth is round, when it is not. My question is, what do they earn with that? I want to make it clear that I am someone with a strong scientific education, and arguments like, "there is a satanist elite ..." will not work with me. Please, I have heard so many arguments for and against that I do not know what to think about this topic anymore.

If you have a good scientific education then you shouldn´t even think about the earth being flat since you know it isn´t. Nasa isn´t faking anything and the government isn´t lying to us if you think that. How´s it lying to 9 billion people???? Please just don´t go over to the retarded Flatards on this page.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »
Please read the FAQ.

NASA is not actively lying to people specifically about the earth's shape. The people that aid NASA genuinely believe it to be round, as this is what they were told their entire lives. When the moon landing was faked, it was therefore natural to depict a round earth in the background.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »
Please read the FAQ.

NASA is not actively lying to people specifically about the earth's shape. The people that aid NASA genuinely believe it to be round, as this is what they were told their entire lives. When the moon landing was faked, it was therefore natural to depict a round earth in the background.

Sorry Rushy, but that just doesn't make any sense.  Geodesy is the study of the earth's shape and NASA has a space geodesy program.  That means that NASA must be actively lying about the shape of the earth.
https://space-geodesy.nasa.gov/

Also, don't forget about all of the earth observing satellites that NASA is supposedly running.
https://eospso.nasa.gov/content/nasas-earth-observing-system-project-science-office

I don't think that very many people (RE'ers and FE'ers alike) realize how much of NASA's space technology is pointed right back at the earth.  If the earth is flat, then every bit of that space based earth observing technology would be a lie that NASA must actively maintain.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

manicminer

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 03:13:23 PM »
When the moon landing was faked

Really...  you say that as if it is a fact. Can you prove it?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 07:23:12 PM »
Sorry Rushy, but that just doesn't make any sense.  Geodesy is the study of the earth's shape and NASA has a space geodesy program.  That means that NASA must be actively lying about the shape of the earth.
https://space-geodesy.nasa.gov/

Also, don't forget about all of the earth observing satellites that NASA is supposedly running.
https://eospso.nasa.gov/content/nasas-earth-observing-system-project-science-office

I don't think that very many people (RE'ers and FE'ers alike) realize how much of NASA's space technology is pointed right back at the earth.  If the earth is flat, then every bit of that space based earth observing technology would be a lie that NASA must actively maintain.

"Check out this other fake thing NASA does"

Good one.

When the moon landing was faked

Really...  you say that as if it is a fact. Can you prove it?

It's not possible to prove that someone didn't do something, as that inherently makes no sense or requires enormous amounts of circumstantial evidence. (e.g., prove that I haven't been in your home) Instead, the onus is on NASA to prove they actually went to the moon, which they have never done.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:25:16 PM by Rushy »

Offline JCM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
NASA may be cheating us, but Australia’s Richard Branson’s ship just carried its first non pilot passenger to suborbital altitude.  Hundreds of people are in line to pay $250,000 for the ride. 

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 08:35:47 PM »
FEers will immediately call hoax due to the fact that the non-pilot passenger was an astronaut trainer there to do checks on the cabin design. Is she in on it??? One may never know.
BobLawBlah.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 10:35:28 PM »
It's not possible to prove that someone didn't do something, as that inherently makes no sense or requires enormous amounts of circumstantial evidence. (e.g., prove that I haven't been in your home) Instead, the onus is on NASA to prove they actually went to the moon, which they have never done.
But you should be able to provide evidence that they did do something. The something here being that they faked the moon landings well enough that the missions have gone down as recorded history, unchallenged by the Russians and other 3rd parties who were tracking the craft.

All the “evidence” I’ve seen around this are vague assertions about shadow angles or flapping flags and so on, a lot of it is based on ignorance. It’s not compelling evidence but I can see how confirmation bias could make it seem so.

So it’s not prove you haven’t been in my home. You’re claiming you have been in my home and you have plenty of photographic and video evidence of the journey there and of you in my home. You also left things in my home and took some objects from it. In that circumstance if someone didn’t believe you had been in my home then they’d have to provide some evidence as to how you could have made it appear as though you had to the point where most people accept you have.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:49:22 PM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Mysfit

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 09:57:58 PM »
I don’t live in the US and am pretty sure my government could not keep a secret anywhere near as well as this one has been kept... except from the folks here.

But, I bet I can think of something...
Ooo, maybe they have put so much money and effort into the lie that letting anyone know the truth would be the worst possible shame. An international shame, at this point. No one would respect anything sciencey ever again. You just gotta dig deeper, as admitting it would be horrible.
Good luck refuting my shame hypothesis.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 11:27:14 PM »
I don’t live in the US and am pretty sure my government could not keep a secret anywhere near as well as this one has been kept... except from the folks here.

But, I bet I can think of something...
Ooo, maybe they have put so much money and effort into the lie that letting anyone know the truth would be the worst possible shame. An international shame, at this point. No one would respect anything sciencey ever again. You just gotta dig deeper, as admitting it would be horrible.
Good luck refuting my shame hypothesis.

Any government not capable of keeping secrets from its citizens is too incompetent to discover the truth in the first place.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 02:45:50 AM »
But you should be able to provide evidence that they did do something. The something here being that they faked the moon landings well enough that the missions have gone down as recorded history, unchallenged by the Russians and other 3rd parties who were tracking the craft.

All the “evidence” I’ve seen around this are vague assertions about shadow angles or flapping flags and so on, a lot of it is based on ignorance. It’s not compelling evidence but I can see how confirmation bias could make it seem so.

So it’s not prove you haven’t been in my home. You’re claiming you have been in my home and you have plenty of photographic and video evidence of the journey there and of you in my home. You also left things in my home and took some objects from it. In that circumstance if someone didn’t believe you had been in my home then they’d have to provide some evidence as to how you could have made it appear as though you had to the point where most people accept you have.

Show us how this sole tread of the Apollo boots:

Can make this footprint:

High Res version from NASA's website: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a15/AS15-86-11670HR.jpg

Another angle is found here: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a15/AS15-86-11671HR.jpg
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:47:44 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 05:35:04 AM »
Perhaps a pivot or even a Pas de Bourree.

Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 12:24:32 PM »

Can make this footprint:

High Res version from NASA's website: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a15/AS15-86-11670HR.jpg

Another angle is found here: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a15/AS15-86-11671HR.jpg

Ever stepped on sand? The circled print is skewed because of the other boot print. You can even see how the rounded portion on the top left of the circled print is pushed forward by the pressure from the boot on the print below. You can even see the top two treads of the lower print are slightly skewed as well, indicating, as stack mentioned, the likelihood of pivoting.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 01:13:59 PM »
Sorry Tom, I don't see a problem with that footprint, could explain why it doesn't match?
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

manicminer

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 01:52:57 PM »
You say that the onus is on...

NASA to prove they actually went to the moon, which they have never done

So how could they do that in a way that would satisfy the FES?  If as you say it is not possible to prove that someone (someone could be an individual or several individuals) didn't do something, then surely it is impossible for the conspiracy theorists about the Moon landings to prove that NASA didn't go to the Moon?

Again your wording suggests that you are telling us that NASA have never been to the Moon as if you know they haven't.  It is my opinion that there is more than enough proof out there that the Moon landings were real and genuine.  How else did the mirrors get put on the Moons surface that have allowed us to measure the distance of the Moon by laser ranging during the last half century?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 01:54:36 PM by manicminer »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 02:42:07 PM »

Can make this footprint:
What do you think that photo IS?
Is it completely fake, a painting? If so then why the hell would they paint the lines in a way which apparently doesn't match the boot?
Which leaves us with the possibility that it is a real photo, just not really taken on the moon.
In which case do you think they randomly wore a boot different to the one they say they wore just for the photo?
Why would they do that? Just to give future conspiracy theorists a "clue"?
Or maybe, as others have suggested, the lines got twisted as they pivoted. That seems like the simplest explanation.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Mysfit

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 10:13:46 PM »
I have never seen the shoe before, thanks for showing me it, but it does look like someone twisted their leg as they lifted their foot. Maybe in a low-g twirling jump.
Would love to see that on one of their clips. One for the bloopers, at least.

Wait, Tom used sources from NASA. Is that a reputable source?
What government agency would be silly enough to share pictures that shoot it in the foot-print?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 10:20:20 AM »
... the onus is on NASA to prove they actually went to the moon, which they have never done.

Well, it's just as well there are numerous third parties who have done that for them, then ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

.. on top of NASA providing;

Photos
Film
Video
Live broadcast
Geological samples
Results from ALSEP experiments
Anecdotal evidence from participants
Audio transcripts
Design and build documentation
etc
etc

Do you actively disbelieve any of the above? If so, which? Pick one for discussion.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »
... the onus is on NASA to prove they actually went to the moon, which they have never done.

Well, it's just as well there are numerous third parties who have done that for them, then ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

.. on top of NASA providing;

Photos
Film
Video
Live broadcast
Geological samples
Results from ALSEP experiments
Anecdotal evidence from participants
Audio transcripts
Design and build documentation
etc
etc

Do you actively disbelieve any of the above? If so, which? Pick one for discussion.
Not to mention NVIDIA proving that the lighting was perfectly accurate on the moon landing photo to show off their latest tech.

Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?