Moon phases
« on: October 22, 2023, 05:43:46 PM »
I am researching the concept of FE. I am confused however in respect to moon phases.

The wiki says
...a shadow created from the sun illuminating half of the spherical moon at any one time.

The common argument I see online however is that the sun and moon are local to earth and that the moon emits its own light rather than being a reflector.

My questions:
1. If the moon emits its own light, what is causing moon phases. Surely something would have to obstruct the moon light in this case?

2. If the moon does not emit its own light - why is this argument showing everywhere.

Back to moon reflecting the light...

3. How can it reflect light with its surface the way it does if it is a sphere? Only flat reflectors can reflect the light this way.

4. The reflected light appears white (cold) while the colour temperature of sun light is much warmer. So the reflected light should be much warmer in colour too

Appreciate your feedback on this...

Michael

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Moon phases
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 05:38:16 AM »
The wiki says
...a shadow created from the sun illuminating half of the spherical moon at any one time.

The common argument I see online however is that the sun and moon are local to earth and that the moon emits its own light rather than being a reflector.

Well, there is your problem. The Wiki says one thing and you want us to answer for a different comment someone made somewhere that said something else.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 08:39:50 AM »
I thought we all agreed its bio luminescence lifeform in perfect migratory unison.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 02:31:02 PM »
The Moon reflects the light of the Sun, and the phases of the Moon depend on its position relative to the Sun and the Earth.  The Moon does not emit light by itself - this is a myth.  The spherical Moon reflects light in any direction, and not necessarily by flat reflection.The same mechanics are used in https://bo3.gg/valorant  The perception of the color of reflected light may differ due to the peculiarities of human perception.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 10:28:39 AM by ClaytonGardner »