Saddam Hussein

The saga of Cliven Bundy
« on: April 26, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »
Apparently this guy has been grazing his cattle on public land for years and refuses to pay grazing fees to the US govt because he doesn't believe the US govt even exists (while riding around on a horse waving a US flag). From what I understand the grazing fees on public land are much less than they are on private land (like less than $2 per cow and calf compared to about $16 a month).  Conservative media fell all over itself praising this guy for standing up the Feds, and he's been giving press conferences almost every day... but now that he's been on camera "a wondering" if the negro wasn't better off as slaves picking cotton they've had to distance themselves from him.

What really boggles my mind is that so many people showed up to defend him, armed with weapons, threatening to put their women out front as human shields. What's wrong with these people? These are the same people who denigrate poor people for being lazy govt moochers. Why should this guy get to graze his cattle for free? The claims he has made to the land are seriously questionable. I don't if he really believes what he's saying, or if he's flat out lying:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/22/property-records-cast-doubt-on-cliven-bundys-ancestral-claims-to-disputed-federal-land/

Also, this:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bundy-ranch-uncensored

Ghost of V

Re: The saga of Cliven Bundy
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 06:35:48 PM »
Blacks would make good manual labor slaves. Why hasn't anyone thought of that before? This man is a visionary.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:47:16 PM »
I thought Jon Stewart's rant against Hannity covered the contradictions pretty well.
http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/jxvcqy/april-23--2014---robin-roberts

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 06:50:52 PM »
He sounds like a bit of a nutter.

I hope they throw the book at him. Why should he make money (that's what he's doing) from land he doesn't own? I would say he's committing theft against the tax payer.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 07:08:32 PM »
That guy's hilarious. I love him.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Ghost of V

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »
I really don't understand why this guy is getting so much attention.
How is he different than all the other racist rednecks I meet everyday? My theory is that the media found him amusing so they chose him to be their new face of bigotry. I doubt he'll surpass his predecessor though, Kanye West.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:20:23 PM by Ghost of V »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 07:17:58 PM »
I never hear about these news articles that rile up Saddam until Saddam actually posts them here. Funny.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 07:29:02 PM »
Apparently this guy has been grazing his cattle on public land for years and refuses to pay grazing fees to the US govt because he doesn't believe the US govt even exists (while riding around on a horse waving a US flag). From what I understand the grazing fees on public land are much less than they are on private land (like less than $2 per cow and calf compared to about $16 a month).  Conservative media fell all over itself praising this guy for standing up the Feds, and he's been giving press conferences almost every day... but now that he's been on camera "a wondering" if the negro wasn't better off as slaves picking cotton they've had to distance themselves from him.

What really boggles my mind is that so many people showed up to defend him, armed with weapons, threatening to put their women out front as human shields. What's wrong with these people? These are the same people who denigrate poor people for being lazy govt moochers. Why should this guy get to graze his cattle for free? The claims he has made to the land are seriously questionable. I don't if he really believes what he's saying, or if he's flat out lying:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/22/property-records-cast-doubt-on-cliven-bundys-ancestral-claims-to-disputed-federal-land/

Also, this:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bundy-ranch-uncensored
It's really simple actually:
America is polarized.  The Republican party has spent a lot of money to do everything they can to get their base very angry at the other side.  For the most part this works and the more radical you are, the better it works.  I'm not sure their motive but it's probably just ratings.

Anyway, because it's so polarized anyone seen as "fighting the government" is looked upon as patriotic because the government is run by "The other Party".  I promise you that if a Republican president did this, Mr. Bundy would have been shown to be a radial and Anti-American.  Possibly even with a spin as a "Democratic moocher".  But a Democratic president is in power and any chance to spin this as being against "his" government is a chance they jump on.

Then the racist comment went out and all the politicans ran.  That, to me, is the funniest part of this: The Republicans will drop support the moment you say something that can be used against them.

I thought Jon Stewart's rant against Hannity covered the contradictions pretty well.
http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/jxvcqy/april-23--2014---robin-roberts
That was brilliant.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »
I really don't understand why this guy is getting so much attention.
How is he different than all the other racist rednecks I meet everyday? My theory is that the media found him amusing so they chose him to be their new face of bigotry. I doubt he'll surpass his predecessor though, Kanye West.
It wasn't about the racism at first. He was mostly a mascot for conservatives and maybe libertarians (not sure how they feel about this guy) in the fight against the government or something.

Ghost of V

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 07:43:16 PM »

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 07:45:14 PM »
or something.

Key words.
I really don't watch Fox News enough to understand it. :/

Ghost of V

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »
I don't have cable television by choice, so I have no idea what is going on.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »
I don't have cable television by choice
Neither do I.

Thork

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 08:40:10 PM »
How is he different than all the other racist rednecks I meet everyday?
You live in Birmingham, England. How do you meet Rednecks every day?

Also, I have to agree that welfare negroes aren't very much help to America.

Ghost of V

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 08:46:22 PM »
You live in Birmingham, England. How do you meet Rednecks every day?

Where did you get this information?

Thork

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 08:52:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure we had a conversation on the old forum where you told me about the shit pit you live in. I think someone tried to stab you or something?

Oh hang on, I've been mixing you up with Ghost Spaghetti. If you will pick similar names, I can't be held responsible for confusing you. Now I don't know anything about you. You've been merged with him in my mind. Would you mind sharing a computer with him or collaborating on posts? I don't want to have to learn about another individual. There are too many of you already.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:55:53 PM by Thork »

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 09:00:02 PM »
I love America for providing drama like this. Such a tiny issue ballooned into sweet mountains of popcorn.

Ghost of V

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure we had a conversation on the old forum where you told me about the shit pit you live in. I think someone tried to stab you or something?

Oh hang on, I've been mixing you up with Ghost Spaghetti. If you will pick similar names, I can't be held responsible for confusing you. Now I don't know anything about you. You've been merged with him in my mind. Would you mind sharing a computer with him or collaborating on posts? I don't want to have to learn about another individual. There are too many of you already.

Better?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »
I love America for providing drama like this. Such a tiny issue ballooned into sweet mountains of popcorn.
Tensions against big government have been rising for awhile. It seems like conservatives and libertarians are anxious to have a reason to start a revolution. Maybe they thought they could rally behind this guy to start the ball rolling. So even though this is technically a small issue, it kind of represents a lot of growing resentment.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 09:31:57 PM »
Tensions against big government have been rising for awhile. It seems like conservatives and libertarians are anxious to have a reason to start a revolution. Maybe they thought they could rally behind this guy to start the ball rolling. So even though this is technically a small issue, it kind of represents a lot of growing resentment.
Well, the tea tax was technically a small issue.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.