Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2017, 03:36:02 PM »
Excellent, a complete non-problem then! Glad we cleared it out
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2017, 03:39:02 PM »
It's only a non-problem now, after Trekky addressed your misleading ambiguity.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2017, 03:39:54 PM »
You two are really desperate, aren't you?

« Reply #343 on: January 25, 2017, 03:39:59 PM »
I was misled.
Okay: I was talking about Keystone XL.

Well done for letting a random person on the Internet "mislead" you with a figure of speech. I see that for all the lambasting you got here for falling for fake news, you're still failing to double-check things.

You know, instead of being dickish, you could have just clarified that yes, you did mean Keystone XL (despite the vague way you phrased your post about Trudeau and the fact that no one brought up Keystone XL except you, in a post about DAPL). It's not really that far of a stretch that when replying to someone's post about DAPL and saying that:

Oh, also the executive order to allow the Dakota Access Pipeline to continue through Standing Rock.
Well, that one was to be expected. Everyone's been talking about it ever since Obama suspended it. What may be more surprised to many is that Justin Trudeau is happy about the development. A few fangirls' hearts probably just got broken.

that people would think you were mistaken. Like goodness, do we really have to spend a whole page of a thread to get you to admit you were vague and misleading?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 25, 2017, 03:40:57 PM »
You know, you could have just changed your personality to my liking.
Thanks, but no. You're desperately trying to find a problem where there is none - don't be surprised that I'm making fun of you for it.

Like goodness, do we really have to spend a whole page of a thread to get you to admit you were vague and misleading?
No. I admitted it one post in, but since it wasn't explicit enough for you, I did it again at post number 2.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:43:00 PM by SexWarrior »

« Reply #345 on: January 25, 2017, 03:43:29 PM »
Like goodness, do we really have to spend a whole page of a thread to get you to admit you were vague and misleading?
No. I admitted it one post in, but since it wasn't explicit enough for you, I did it again at post number 2.

Actually I believe you said some asshole-ish post about Fanta and Coca Cola rather than clarifying, as if me pointing out DAPL and KXL are not the same was just some rando non sequitur.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 25, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
Actually I believe you said some asshole-ish post about Fanta and Coca Cola rather than clarifying, as if me pointing out DAPL and KXL are not the same was just some rando non sequitur.
Yes, because it was a random non-sequitur at the time. Until you made your accusation that I'm misleading people, it seemed entirely pointless.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:48:12 PM by SexWarrior »

« Reply #347 on: January 25, 2017, 03:47:53 PM »
So, no, you didn't admit to anything one post in. Glad we got that sorted. It took multiple posts to admit you were the only one to bring up KXL.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 25, 2017, 03:48:27 PM »
So, no, you didn't admit to anything one post in.
Nope. One post in since the accusation was made. Your random non-sequitur was laughed off, as it should have been.

I believe you previously made some comments about how terrible it would be to expect others to read your mind. Now you're on the other side of the fence, but you're expecting me to treat you differently than you did me. Poor form.

« Reply #349 on: January 25, 2017, 03:51:06 PM »
So, no, you didn't admit to anything one post in. Glad we got that sorted. It took multiple posts to admit you were the only one to bring up KXL.
Nope. One post in since the accusation was made. Your random non-sequitur was laughed off, as it should have been.

I believe you previously made some comments about how terrible it would be to expect others to read your mind. Now you're on the other side of the fence, but you're expecting me to treat you differently than you did me. Poor form.

SexWarrior, who brought up Keystone XL first? It was you, in regards to Trudeau. What was it in response to? A post about DAPL. They are two different things. There was no distinction between them in your post. When this was pointed out, you deflected with some meaningless banter and then pretended it was "insignificant." You didn't admit to anything one post in. It took multiple posts to get this out that you're talking about two different things.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 25, 2017, 03:55:45 PM »
SexWarrior, who brought up Keystone XL first?
Donald Trump.

It was you, in regards to Trudeau. What was it in response to?
A string of posts about Trump's multiple executive orders.

A post about DAPL.
A particularly cherry-picking approach to the truth, but in face of your rising levels of desperation, I can see why you'd go for it.

You didn't admit to anything one post in. It took multiple posts to get this out that you're talking about two different things.
I'm trekky0623 and I know what people think better than they themselves do.

This is getting old. Clearly you have some vendetta against me, since you keep trying to pull the same shit off over and over, only to eventually give up when it doesn't work. "NUH UH, YOU DIDN'T MEAN THIS, YOU MEANT THAT. WHAT'S THIS, YOU'RE CLARIFYING YOUR MEANING?... NUH UH, YOU'RE NOT CLARIFYING YOUR MEANING!" You simply do not have any ground to claim that you have some divine insight into people's minds that allows you to understand their words a certain way despite their clarifications to the contrary. This is not how human communication works.

If you wanna take this up further, PM me. Otherwise, please let others discuss in peace instead of watching this spectacle.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:59:39 PM by SexWarrior »

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 25, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »
Hi guys. Now that whatever confusion which previously existed seems to be cleared up, let's keep things civil and on topic.

« Reply #352 on: January 25, 2017, 03:59:22 PM »
A post about DAPL.
A particularly cherry-picking approach to the truth, but in face of your rising levels of desperation, I can see why you'd go for it.

My post was about DAPL.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 25, 2017, 04:00:19 PM »
My post was about DAPL.
That's great.

« Reply #354 on: January 25, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »
"That's great"? You claimed that my post was about Trump's executive orders. I'm just letting you know that that was not the impression I intended to give.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 25, 2017, 04:13:33 PM »
"That's great"? You claimed that my post was about Trump's executive orders. I'm just letting you know that that was not the impression I intended to give.
As I said, I wasn't responding to a single post. I've admitted early on that my choice of wording can be exploited by the pedantic and desperate; restating this over and over seems to be of little benefit to anyone.

Please also observe the following:

If you wanna take this up further, PM me. Otherwise, please let others discuss in peace instead of watching this spectacle.
Hi guys. Now that whatever confusion which previously existed seems to be cleared up, let's keep things civil and on topic.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:28:32 PM by SexWarrior »

« Reply #356 on: January 25, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »
Well, since you quoted a single post (mine, about DAPL), you can perhaps see why that's why people may think that's the post to which you were referring.

And your invitation to PM was followed by a tirade against Trekky.

You certainly are flailing around with all these edits and misuses of quotes.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 25, 2017, 04:24:51 PM »
Well, since you quoted a single post (mine, about DAPL), you can perhaps see why that's why people may think that's the post to which you were referring.
Yes, a grand total of two people with a shared agenda and a history of spreading misinformation. Impressive. Or, well, it would be had I not clarified myself ages ago.

You certainly are flailing around with all these edits and misuses of quotes.
You reckon? I'd say the people who exploited a minor ambiguity to trigger a two-page discussion about absolutely nothing are the ones flailing around.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:37:00 PM by SexWarrior »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 25, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »
Now that this... whatever this was... is finally over, we can hopefully get back to discussing Trump-related things.

*ahem*

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/01/24/the-true-correct-story-of-what-happened-at-donald-trumps-inauguration/

Looks like WaPo are trying really hard to cement their place on the "news organisations not to be taken seriously" list.

« Reply #359 on: January 25, 2017, 04:58:39 PM »
Welp, looks like Trump STILL thinks the election was rigged.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/24/511420960/trump-still-insists-millions-voted-illegally-theres-no-evidence-of-that

And is bitching about it.

Ok, so maybe it was?  I mean, this could be a subconscious "Hey guys, I cheated!  Someone stop me before it's too late" cry for help.

Because the press keeps hounding them to back up Trump's claim that there were millions of illegal voters. Yet another thing that will blow up in their faces, when we find out, yes, in fact many illegal immigrants voted, and yes there was massive fraud committed. Perhaps  a good place to start any investigation would be the already documented FEC violations the DNC just committed in their primary.