Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Tsar Bomb shows Earth is round
« on: September 15, 2017, 08:03:51 PM »
Ok, so here is one I'm hoping is unique as far as disproofs go. In 1961, the Soviet Union detonated the largest bomb in history. It was rated at 50 megatons and shattered windows 500 miles away. The thing that shows FET is wrong is its shock wave. The shock from the blast was measured circling the globe 3 times. Obviously, if the Earth was flat, the shock wave would never return unless there was something at the edge of the Earth, but even that isn't likely because then the shock wave would have arrived a different times due to the edges not being equidistant.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Tsar Bomb shows Earth is round
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 01:08:12 AM »
We've tried this before with the even more powerful shock wave from the eruption of Krakatoa back in 1883.  Didn't convince anybody.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 01:59:53 PM »
We've tried this before with the even more powerful shock wave from the eruption of Krakatoa back in 1883.  Didn't convince anybody.

Hmmm - we RE'ers should have worked a bit harder on that one.

If the FE is infinite (or at least VERY large) - then the sound waves would have radiated outwards like ripples on a pond - and never came back a second and subsequent time.

If the FE is finite (or perhaps if the claim is that the Ice Wall is somehow able to reflect these seismic waves - then the regular interval of the repeat would depend on how close you were to the edge/Ice-Wall.

If you were close to the thing that's reflecting the wave, then you'd get a trace like:

--------|----|-------------------|----|-------------------|----|-------------------|----|

...where the first blip was the wave going OUTWARDS - and the second would be the reflection from the nearby ice wall...then a long delay while it travels all across the world, reflects off of the opposite side and returns again.

What was actually recorded was a REGULAR 36 hour repeat:

--------|------------|------------|-----------|------------|------------|-----------|--------

...which can't be explained by something reflecting the wave back again unless you happened to be in the center of the FE.

(In fact, if you do throw a rock into a circular pond - but don't hit it dead-center - then the off-center ripples interfere with each other and rapidly degenerate into chaotic ripples with no obvious pattern...so the FE wouldn't sustain more than maybe one or two repeats of the effect before it all turned into mush.)

So - I believe that the Krakatoa and Tsar Bomba effects would have been VERY different in an FE world...either one detection of the ripple - then nothing (if there is no reflection of the seismic wave because the FE world is infinite) - or those distinctive paired detections if the event happened in the exact center of the world - or a couple of those paired detections and then mush if the event was off-center.

No possible FE model can explain regular 36 hour repetitions of the seismic wave.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 12:47:46 AM »
Actually a globe earth would have had a destructive interference collision of the pressure waves meeting after each coming around cancelling the effect for the most part, where as, with a dome the wave would have equalized in one direction continually until it dissipated through heat making 3 complete rotations.

Thank you bye bye come again. Flat earth with a dome !

Silly RE'ers

J-Man drops the Mic...Kurplunk

Takes out three star fighters with one punch.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:51:21 AM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 04:40:52 AM »
Actually a globe earth would have had a destructive interference collision of the pressure waves meeting after each coming around cancelling the effect for the most part, where as, with a dome the wave would have equalized in one direction continually until it dissipated through heat making 3 complete rotations.

Silly RE'ers

Honestly, just stop with the mic drop. Put some thought into what you just said. Like all flat Earthers you say something and just expect it to be true. Bam, I said it, it's true. Now, take out a piece of paper, draw a fairy dome on it, then pick a spot close to the bottom of the paper and start drawing concentric circles. When you hit the dome, reflect them back down. What happened to your pressure wave? Did it make 3 clean "laps" around the world? No, you get a big reflective wave that adds to the waves going out radially. Work on your critical thinking skills before you drop anymore mics, you're gonna break a toe.
-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 10:58:40 AM »

Silly RE'ers

Honestly, just stop with the mic drop. Put some thought into what you just said. Like all flat Earthers you say something and just expect it to be true. Bam, I said it, it's true. Now, take out a piece of paper, draw a fairy dome on it, then pick a spot close to the bottom of the paper and start drawing concentric circles. When you hit the dome, reflect them back down. What happened to your pressure wave? Did it make 3 clean "laps" around the world? No, you get a big reflective wave that adds to the waves going out radially. Work on your critical thinking skills before you drop anymore mics, you're gonna break a toe.

Better yet lets have out viewers draw their own conclusions. Like a pond the waves will bounce off the dome skipping along creating a world record just like this video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2862293/The-perfect-way-skim-stone-Throwing-angle-20-degrees-boosts-number-bounces-water-skipping.html
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 02:01:03 PM »

Oh jeez...interference doesn't magically cause flat water to appear.   The energy in the wave has to go somewhere...and what ACTUALLY happens (as opposed to what you THINK might happen) with converging ripples is that the wave simply reappears as a circular wave radiating outwards again.   Some energy is (of course) lost in wave propagation and reflection - but (oddly) NOT in interference - where energy is conserved.

And, by the way the "Dropping the Mic" meme refers to a situation in which:

a) Your response is so stunningly convincing that nobody has a response to it.
...and...
b) You believe that your statement is SO convincing that you'll have nothing more to say on the subject (which is why you drop the microphone).

The full version is "drop the mic and walk away".

Since you neither silenced (nor convinced) a single person here - and THEN you had to come back to clarify your previous statement, "dropping the mic" just makes you look even more ill-informed about the way water waves work than we'd previously imagined!

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 02:13:44 PM »

Silly RE'ers

Better yet lets have out viewers draw their own conclusions. Like a pond the waves will bounce off the dome skipping along creating a world record just like this video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2862293/The-perfect-way-skim-stone-Throwing-angle-20-degrees-boosts-number-bounces-water-skipping.html
LMAO - this is the dumbest thing I've read from you yet. Detonating a massive nuke is like skipping a stone across a pond. Not sure if you noticed, but it was the stone skimming the water that created multiple waves. Again, get a piece of paper and start drawing. You just look so ignorant.
-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 02:28:11 PM »
Stinker and Geek

It's a proven fact the pressure waves will skim along the glass dome similar to Ruperts Drop and circle the sky until making landfall again.
3 times

Ivan was a big MoFo

Note: I'm going to take a few days off so hold the fort down till I return. I will sharpen my Mic skilz and attempt a 4 RE take down soon. I would buy you a few rounds of Drinks but I doubt your of legal age yet. Let us know, kk
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:33:18 PM by J-Man »

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »
Stinker and Geek

It's a proven fact the pressure waves will skim along the glass dome similar to Ruperts Drop and circle the sky until making landfall again.
3 times

Ivan was a big MoFo

Note: I'm going to take a few days off so hold the fort down till I return. I will sharpen my Mic skilz and attempt a 4 RE take down soon. I would buy you a few rounds of Drinks but I doubt your of legal age yet. Let us know, kk

Rupert's drops have literally nothing to do with what we a talking about. Smarter Everyday on Youtube did some really great videos on them. They are all about internal tension and have nothing to do with domes or reflecting shockwaves. I'm guessing you knew that already and are just throwing any old thing out to look like you have a clue.
-Terry50

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 05:37:49 PM »

I'm glad J-Child brings this up, because these two events both provide evidence against the dome.  Look at the location of the Krakatoa eruption.  It is much closer to "the dome" due south, and four times as far (or more) to the north over the pole and south again.  Sound waves reflecting off "the dome" would form a much different pattern than was observed, and would only be coherent along the north/south line from Krakatoa to the nearest and farthest dome edges.  Everywhere else, the sound would be striking the dome at an angle, and would reflect off the dome at the complement of that angle, not back toward the source.

Here is how sound would behave under a dome:

And here's how it DID behave on the globe:

The round and slightly-off-round lines represent simultaneous arrival times, in two hour increments.  The radial lines illustrate the great-circle path from Krakatoa to various recording barometers, and the dots show the locations of those barometers.  The sound wave diverges away from the point of origin (the map on the right), expanding at the speed of sound in all directions until it reaches the distance where the earth's diameter is greatest.  Then it continues propagating away from Krakatoa but in an ever shrinking diameter toward the antipodes (the map on the left).  The wave front becomes non-circular due to various effects such as geography and meteorology, but still shows a clear pattern of expansion on the near side and convergence on the far side. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:15:10 PM by Rounder »
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 02:31:51 AM »

I'm glad J-Child brings this up, because these two events both provide evidence against the dome.  Look at the location of the Krakatoa eruption.  It is much closer to "the dome" due south, and four times as far (or more) to the north over the pole and south again.  Sound waves reflecting off "the dome" would form a much different pattern than was observed, and would only be coherent along the north/south line from Krakatoa to the nearest and farthest dome edges.  Everywhere else, the sound would be striking the dome at an angle, and would reflect off the dome at the complement of that angle, not back toward the source.

Here is how sound would behave under a dome:

And here's how it DID behave on the globe:

The round and slightly-off-round lines represent simultaneous arrival times, in two hour increments.  The radial lines illustrate the great-circle path from Krakatoa to various recording barometers, and the dots show the locations of those barometers.  The sound wave diverges away from the point of origin (the map on the right), expanding at the speed of sound in all directions until it reaches the distance where the earth's diameter is greatest.  Then it continues propagating away from Krakatoa but in an ever shrinking diameter toward the antipodes (the map on the left).  The wave front becomes non-circular due to various effects such as geography and meteorology, but still shows a clear pattern of expansion on the near side and convergence on the far side.

Very cool!

I had a somewhat simpler observation.  If you at (say) the southernmost tip of S.America - you'd detect the red wave going past you LONG after the explosion - but the reflection from the ice-wall/dome/whatever would return very rapidly along the pink arrow.  Then you'd have a VERY long wait for the pink wave to cross all the way across the world - bounce off the other wall, then travel all the way back again.  So those regular reappearances of the signal would be impossible on a flat earth.

You'd "hear"...LONG PAUSE, blip, blip, LONG PAUSE, blip, blip, LONG PAUSE.   What they actually heard was MEDIUM PAUSE, blip, MEDIUM PAUSE, blip, MEDIUM PAUSE.

That simply couldn't happen in a circular flat earth.

In an infinite flat earth - you'd never get a reflection.

It just doesn't work.

It's even worse than that because seismologists detect four different kinds of seismic waves (from the direction in which they vibrate).  Some of them go through the solid body of the Earth and others along the surface.

If the earth were flat, these waves would not behave in the ways that they do - so we either have to put seismic wave experts into the "Conspiracy" with NASA - or we have to use their expertise to tell us the shape of the Earth...which they all say is round.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
If you were close to the thing that's reflecting the wave, then you'd get a trace like:

--------|----|-------------------|----|-------------------|----|-------------------|----|

...where the first blip was the wave going OUTWARDS - and the second would be the reflection from the nearby ice wall...then a long delay while it travels all across the world, reflects off of the opposite side and returns again.

--------|------------|------------|-----------|------------|------------|-----------|--------

How do you know which pattern was recorded? Why are you making things up? The web links of this supposed phenomena do not provide any sensor data.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 01:00:57 PM »

How do you know which pattern was recorded? Why are you making things up? The web links of this supposed phenomena do not provide any sensor data.

Not able to find reference to the barograph data online, but I did find a paper on measuring infrasound related to explosions. It does have some data concerning the Tsar bomb, but far more interesting is the Tunguska event. As you likely know, in 1908 there was a massive explosion in Russia that level a large area of forest. The shock wave was recorded twice in London. This is before space flight, this is before NASA, this should be before any round Earth conspiracy to tamper with data. This pre-NASA data aligns with what was seen in later detonations.

http://www.synerjetics.ru/article/acoustics_eng.pdf
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 01:03:56 PM »

Not able to find reference to the barograph data online, but I did find a paper on measuring infrasound related to explosions. It does have some data concerning the Tsar bomb, but far more interesting is the Tunguska event. As you likely know, in 1908 there was a massive explosion in Russia that level a large area of forest. The shock wave was recorded twice in London. This is before space flight, this is before NASA, this should be before any round Earth conspiracy to tamper with data. This pre-NASA data aligns with what was seen in later detonations.

I can't find any information about the timing of the repeats in that link. Please quote it for us.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »

I can't find any information about the timing of the repeats in that link. Please quote it for us.
3rd page - Shock wave from Tunguska explosion was recorded twice in London[20, 21], which is remote from the epicenter of almost 6 megameters as shown in line 4 of Table 2
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »

3rd page - Shock wave from Tunguska explosion was recorded twice in London[20, 21], which is remote from the epicenter of almost 6 megameters as shown in line 4 of Table 2

You need to find a regular repeat interval like 3D depicted in his quote above. A two point recording does not show how regular the repeated interval is.

I can't even find time data for the intervals in that PDF. Please quote the appropriate data.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »
The data from 1908 isn't available online. I did find data from the 2013 Chelyabinsk meteorite. The International Monitoring System (IMS) detected infrasound from the event that circled the Earth twice. Their graphs can be found on page three of the linked PDF.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2015GL063482/pdf
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 04:41:40 PM »
The data from 1908 isn't available online. I did find data from the 2013 Chelyabinsk meteorite. The International Monitoring System (IMS) detected infrasound from the event that circled the Earth twice. Their graphs can be found on page three of the linked PDF.

Please quote the appropriate data for us.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »

Please quote the appropriate data for us.
It is an image of the shock front arrive times in a PDF. It is on page 3. You will have to click and scroll to page 3 on this one as there is no direct link to the image.
-Terry50