Explain this Map....
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:06:57 AM »
So, I'm not one to squash anyone's beliefs. I'm just an open minded free thinker saying his peace, so this Map of the earth (vvvv) that FE's I'm assuming take as gospel, clearly shows that there is an "end" or "edge of the world" Yeah? Explain how if you were sail a ship, boat whatever, from the north pole between America and Africa, you're telling us that what? We'd hit a wall and stop, fall off the "edge" or what? Pass through a "dimension" and come out on the "other side" between NZ and Australia? What actually happens? My thoughts are if you sail or fly or whatever from the north pole through America and Africa you would clearly keep on going "around" the word in a straight line and through NZ and Australia until you hit the North pole again, no? Discuss  :)

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Re: Explain this Map....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:02:50 PM »
They say this map is just an example. They admit they have no working map.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

devils advocate

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:10:23 PM »
They say this map is just an example. They admit they have no working map.

If they don't have a map how can they know the shape?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 02:17:18 PM »
Explain how if you were sail a ship, boat whatever, from the north pole between America and Africa, you're telling us that what? We'd hit a wall and stop, fall off the "edge" or what? Pass through a "dimension" and come out on the "other side" between NZ and Australia? What actually happens?
Do you understand how navigation works?

Do round earth proponents insist that they had a map before "knowing" the shape of the earth?

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
Do round earth proponents insist that they had a map before "knowing" the shape of the earth?
I doubt it, but not only was that a very different time, but not having one after so long proposing the 'truth of the FE' it's a little odd that we don't even appear to have significant measurements for 'FE Earth' anywhere, nor much of an understanding of FE approved measuring methods. Hell, we don't even have anything for the rough placement of continents on this site as far as I'm aware. I know, I know, 'funding issues' but surely that doesn't stop those who believe in it from making some measurements for their own area to compare to what we currently have, does it? Although I suppose it might be difficult without nailing down exactly how one can measure distances in accordance with the Earth being flat.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 02:37:34 PM »
Explain how if you were sail a ship, boat whatever, from the north pole between America and Africa, you're telling us that what? We'd hit a wall and stop, fall off the "edge" or what? Pass through a "dimension" and come out on the "other side" between NZ and Australia? What actually happens?

No, but they did actually do experiments to prove it. Just saying...
-Terry50

devils advocate

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »

[/quote]

No they created maps as they discovered new lands, setting sail in old wooden ships, travelling into the unknown. In today's age of international travel, global internet and modern technology I find it hard to fathom how anyone can dispute the shape of the world without fitting into place the existing knowledge such as the shapes and dimensions of countries/continents etc. Surely if the known dimensions of earth's land cannot be placed onto a flat earth model then the FE model must not be possible?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 02:10:05 AM »
The FE'ers now claim that they don't know the map of the earth.

What has been shown here is that:

* If they admit of ANY means to measure distances short of a man walking along with one of these...(below)...then the RE'ers can immediately use those distances to disprove their map.

* If they declare knowledge of any distances whatever - then they risk some smarty-pants RE'er coming along and showing that they can't form a two-dimensional map.

So this leaves them at the awkard impasse - where they DARE NOT assert any real world distances - and DARE NOT accept any reasonably attainable distance measurement method as "allowed evidence".   When we come up with things like the speed of light limits for Internet Ping commands - those have to be trampled mercilessly just in case they might come up with a verifiable distance measurement.

If you so much as generally hint at the idea of using GPS, you'll be pummelled mercilessly.

True distance measurements (even fairly approximate ones) are DEATH to the FE theory...it cannot survive valid distances.

So - the FE'ers now have to cower in a world of total unknowns and DESPERATE complaints about trivial facts.

For example, it is now claimed (by Tom Bishop) that neither airlines nor airliner manufacturers know how fast their airplanes can fly?!!?!   He also claims that people who lay trans-oceanic cable laying ships often run out of cable because they are surprised by the distances involved.

This is DESPERATE argument...very sad actually.

Every week or so we find another way to poke holes in their doubt and force increasingly insane statements of disbelief from them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:04:01 PM by 3DGeek »
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »
So, I'm not one to squash anyone's beliefs. I'm just an open minded free thinker saying his peace, so this Map of the earth (vvvv) that FE's I'm assuming take as gospel, clearly shows that there is an "end" or "edge of the world" Yeah? Explain how if you were sail a ship, boat whatever, from the north pole between America and Africa, you're telling us that what? We'd hit a wall and stop, fall off the "edge" or what? Pass through a "dimension" and come out on the "other side" between NZ and Australia? What actually happens? My thoughts are if you sail or fly or whatever from the north pole through America and Africa you would clearly keep on going "around" the word in a straight line and through NZ and Australia until you hit the North pole again, no? Discuss  :)

Stinky loves the one shots. Pay attention to his answer, it's similiar to looking in the mirror and combing ur hair. Make up too.

Dude you hit the 200' ice wall. It tends to sink ships never to be found and the exploration becomes a mystery.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 05:54:29 PM »

Stinky loves the one shots. Pay attention to his answer, it's similiar to looking in the mirror and combing ur hair. Make up too.

Dude you hit the 200' ice wall. It tends to sink ships never to be found and the exploration becomes a mystery.

I'm flattered that you mention me in almost all of your posts. (and boy, there sure are a lot of them) Are you ok, you seem a little more amped up than usual?

So I don't get dinged for a low content post, OP, it has to do with the magnetic poles. When you head "east",  FE would tell you you're actually traveling in a big circle around the magnetic north pole or some such nonsense.
-Terry50

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »

Please provide a list of ships presumed to have "hit the 200' ice wall".  If it "tends to sink ships" there should be multiple ships lost at sea due to this.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 06:38:47 PM »
Please provide a list of ships presumed to have "hit the 200' ice wall".  If it "tends to sink ships" there should be multiple ships lost at sea due to this.

Ooh!  Yes please!

And the reports of people who managed to get into lifeboats just before they hit and survived - and of airplanes and helicopters that also crashed and couldn't explore past the ice wall because...um...well, I suppose they *might* have been flying under 200 feet?

OK - forget ships...what about airplanes?

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »

http://www.asoc.org/explore/google-earth-layer/682
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »

Ooh!  Yes please!

And the reports of people who managed to get into lifeboats just before they hit and survived - and of airplanes and helicopters that also crashed and couldn't explore past the ice wall because...um...well, I suppose they *might* have been flying under 200 feet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disasters_in_Antarctica_by_death_toll

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 07:55:57 PM »

Lay off it in the upper fora. Warned again.

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 05:24:31 PM »

Ooh!  Yes please!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disasters_in_Antarctica_by_death_toll

Oh!  Thanks for the list!  It shows the locations of all of those plane crashes...weird that NONE OF THEM are things crashing into ice walls.  Removing the shipwrecks, fires and snowmobile accidents - plus the one that's "Most likely a legend" and the one that was 1400 km away from antarctica. But a bunch of those were at islands off the coast - so they didn't hit any ice-wall.  So now we're down to:

1956 - McMurdo Station, Antarctica
1958 - Cape Hallett Bay, Antarctica
1958 - Marguerite Bay, Antarctica
1959 - Marble Point, Antarctica
1961 - Wilkes Station, Antarctica
1966 - Ross Ice Shelf, Antarctica   
1969 - Taylor Valley, Antarctica
1986 - Philippi Glacier, Antarctica
1989 - Mirny Station, Antarctica   
1994 - near the Rothera Research Station, Antarctica
1999 - near the Dumont d'Urville Station, Terre Adélie, Antarctica
2008 - near Neumayer-Station III, Antarctica
2010 - near the Dumont d'Urville Station, Terre Adélie, Antarctica
2013 - Mount Elizabeth, Antarctica

These all seem to be either off the coast or WAY inland...places where "unipolar map" FE'ers claim don't exist - and which "bipolar map" FE'ers put a thousand miles away from the ice wall.

I'm not seeing any ice-wall crashes here.

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 07:05:05 AM »

I'm flattered that you mention me in almost all of your posts. (and boy, there sure are a lot of them) Are you ok, you seem a little more amped up than usual?

So I don't get dinged for a low content post, OP, it has to do with the magnetic poles. When you head "east",  FE would tell you you're actually traveling in a big circle around the magnetic north pole or some such nonsense.
I'm flattered too Stinky.  On my first post I was told to go to hell, and managed to get called a retard by him! I was just trying to ask a valid question too, very politely if I may add.  It just plays into the stereotype that FE'ers are close minded.  I'm sure you know but don't take any of that bs personally.

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »

Not in FET.   If you follow a compass (even allowing for the location of the magnetic and true poles) you get a WILDLY different direction than if you use the pole star.

What RET had was a knowledge that we were living on a sphere - and since the time of Columbus (who hadn't read the right books!) we knew how big it was.  From observations of the sun and stars, each continent that we knew about could be placed onto our globe with reasonable precision.

Certainly there were large areas of the map where "Here be dragons" because there were places we hadn't explored yet.

But we knew where to place the continents and islands that we'd sent ships to visit.

So we knew what the overall layout of the map...it just needed the gaps to be filled in.

You FE'ers could easily make a map if you wanted to.   You just need to know the relative direction of the pole star (or the southern cross) and a magnetic compass plus the time that the sun sets on the equinox.  Add in a few known distances (things you could measure with the odometer in a car on a reasonably straight route).  Since you have the Internet - you just have to ask a few dozen nice people from around the world to give you that data - and you'd soon have a pretty decent map.   The scale of the map might be off because your known distances would only be approximate - but the all-critical LAYOUT of the continents would then be known.

Since this has been possible for at least a couple of decades, it's kinda amazing that this CRITICAL piece of information has not been researched.

Of course, it's just possible that if you did that, you'd come to some conclusions about the shape of the Earth that you wouldn't very much like...so I'm betting you won't even try!

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 03:30:04 PM »

Not in FET.   If you follow a compass (even allowing for the location of the magnetic and true poles) you get a WILDLY different direction than if you use the pole star.

What RET had was a knowledge that we were living on a sphere - and since the time of Columbus (who hadn't read the right books!) we knew how big it was.  From observations of the sun and stars, each continent that we knew about could be placed onto our globe with reasonable precision.

Certainly there were large areas of the map where "Here be dragons" because there were places we hadn't explored yet.

But we knew where to place the continents and islands that we'd sent ships to visit.

So we knew what the overall layout of the map...it just needed the gaps to be filled in.

You FE'ers could easily make a map if you wanted to.   You just need to know the relative direction of the pole star (or the southern cross) and a magnetic compass plus the time that the sun sets on the equinox.  Add in a few known distances (things you could measure with the odometer in a car on a reasonably straight route).  Since you have the Internet - you just have to ask a few dozen nice people from around the world to give you that data - and you'd soon have a pretty decent map.   The scale of the map might be off because your known distances would only be approximate - but the all-critical LAYOUT of the continents would then be known.

Since this has been possible for at least a couple of decades, it's kinda amazing that this CRITICAL piece of information has not been researched.

Of course, it's just possible that if you did that, you'd come to some conclusions about the shape of the Earth that you wouldn't very much like...so I'm betting you won't even try!

That last part nails it.   The "we don't have a map" thing wears thin when you consider how easy it would be.   I'm lazy and not nearly as focused as a few of you and I was able to come up with a simple plan using free software and publicly available data to make a rough draft map.   What you nailed is the desire to not make a map.   Just as Tom tried every cheap trick he could come up with to derail the distance threads.  Fear is what drives people that have delusions.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Obviously_Round

• The earth is round. It is that simple.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 08:13:35 PM »
Easy, its actually not a map, it is a drawing. Next question please!

Also, how do you explain mountains? Florida is flat. The earth is round. If the earth wasnt round then the water would have drained off and God would look like a fool. Instead, in his perfect creation, he made a round earth along with other ROUND planets.
I do love those tin foil hats you guys have though!
The earth is round. Think about it, every country in the world, that has been to space say the same. To think that enemy countries would agree on this but nothing else is absurd. How do you think GPS works? Shipping routes? Airplanes, lol. Your all nut jobs. No one take you serious. Stop making a fool of yourself. What do you have to gain by thinking the earth is flat? Fucking nothing. HAHAHAHAHAH