Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Question about gravity that I don't believe has been asked
« on: August 28, 2017, 06:04:06 PM »
From my understanding, the thing most people call gravity is a constant acceleration pushing the Earth up in FET. My question is how does FET account for the fact that gravity is not uniform across the Earth? If it is an acceleration, everything would be affected equally. Maps of the strength of gravity on Earth, however, show that there is more gravitational pull in some areas than others. The maps show that areas with more mass exert increased gravitational pull than areas with lower mass. (i.e. the ocean) How is this possible in a FE model?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/04/110406-new-map-earth-gravity-geoid-goce-esa-nasa-science/
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Re: Question about gravity that I don't believe has been asked
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 06:20:36 PM »
FE "explains" it with celestial gravitation. AKA everything but the Earth has gravity. http://wiki.tfes.org/Celestial_Gravitation
Oops, my bad.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:02:06 PM »
FE "explains" it with celestial gravitation. AKA everything but the Earth has gravity. http://wiki.tfes.org/Celestial_Gravitation

It doesn't really explain it.  Gravity varies between equator and poles - which isn't easily explained by celestial gravitation.  But it also varies (slightly) according to what rocks are below the surface - at the tops of mountains, etc.

Honestly, if I were a flat earther, I'd go with "standard gravity" - make the world infinite in horizontal extent and finite thickness...with the thickness getting slightly less under the equator...maybe god put a massive aluminium support girder under there?

Trouble with these ideas are that they can't reproduce tides correctly.

FE'ers claim that the moon DOES have gravity - which might produce tides...but it wouldn't explain why we get TWO high and TWO low tides each day when the moon only moves overhead just once.

Still waiting on a good answer for that one!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 12:35:08 PM »
[...]
Honestly, if I were a flat earther, I'd go with "standard gravity" - make the world infinite in horizontal extent and finite thickness...with the thickness getting slightly less under the equator...maybe god put a massive aluminium support girder under there?
[..]
Hi!
I was looking at just this, proposed in another thread. Wouldn't such a plane with time collapse in spheres, around the denser places?
It's unclear to me why it would keep stable... I've jumped into this forum as way to jog my aging brain, and I'm having a harder time than I thought ;D

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 12:46:58 PM »
[...]
[..]
Hi!
I was looking at just this, proposed in another thread. Wouldn't such a plane with time collapse in spheres, around the denser places?
It's unclear to me why it would keep stable... I've jumped into this forum as way to jog my aging brain, and I'm having a harder time than I thought ;D

Well, I didn't say it was perfect!   It's just more tenable than the FET theory of universal acceleration with botched additions of gravity as needed to try (and fail) to explain tides.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?