Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
Ye old Cavendish
« on: August 27, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »
Hello!
New here, but I've been lurking for a while; I hope this is the right place to pose a question.
I've read the article about gravity on the wiki, and I've read numerous posts here, in which the subject came up.
As far as I understand, in the FE hypothesis, the earth itself is undergoing some process of acceleration, which causes the effect that we consider to be the force of gravity on the surface. Furthermore, as an explanation for the tides and some local variation, it is stated that the celestial bodies exert a slight gravitational pull (which is somehow different from gravity).
Now, the questions would be A LOT, but I'd rather first of all ask only one, given the tendency of these threads to go places :D

The first thing that came to my mind reading the stuff, was a high school memory of the cavendish experiment (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment).
This experiment, done first in the late 1700, and then repeated, measures the gravitational constant G. In other words proves in a lab that bodies with a mass exert a gravitational pull, and quantifies it.

Do flat earthers agree with the result of this experiment? How do they explain it?

Thanks in advance, have a great sunday!
gaga